You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

That Barca games to goals ratio is ridiculous.

Phenomenal player.

There was a period here where a free kick was almost as good as a penalty. He went to Barca and put up them numbers but never got a sniff at a free or penalty. He would have easily surpassed a goal a game.

Just now, No2 said:

There was a period here where a free kick was almost as good as a penalty. He went to Barca and put up them numbers but never got a sniff at a free or penalty. He would have easily surpassed a goal a game.

It's a shame he left in the circumstances he did. Phenomenal player.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

That Barca games to goals ratio is ridiculous.

Phenomenal player.

And they then decided to let him go on a free, where he promptly won one of their rivals the league. 

barca still got him for a bargain from us. Good job we recouped a bit on Coutinho.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/it-change-everything-rafa-benitez-21055434

And Benitez, who was appointed as Everton's new boss last month, has admitted that he has thought about leading his side out at their new home for the first time.

He remarked: "Yes I’ve thought about leading Everton out at the new stadium - I’d be really pleased because it would mean we are doing well and we have been a success.

"I think for the club and the fans as well it is a massive, massive situation - we will go to the new stadium and it will change everything.

"In terms of the stature of the club and in terms of the perception from outside and in terms of the revenue you can get from that, and it would be great opportunity to have the chance to be there, for the players and myself - and I would be so pleased.

"Hopefully it would be good news for everyone because it would mean we are winning."

Didn't take him long. 

7 minutes ago, Poster said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/it-change-everything-rafa-benitez-21055434

And Benitez, who was appointed as Everton's new boss last month, has admitted that he has thought about leading his side out at their new home for the first time.

He remarked: "Yes I’ve thought about leading Everton out at the new stadium - I’d be really pleased because it would mean we are doing well and we have been a success.

"I think for the club and the fans as well it is a massive, massive situation - we will go to the new stadium and it will change everything.

"In terms of the stature of the club and in terms of the perception from outside and in terms of the revenue you can get from that, and it would be great opportunity to have the chance to be there, for the players and myself - and I would be so pleased.

"Hopefully it would be good news for everyone because it would mean we are winning."

Didn't take him long. 

Given how despised he is by a majority of them he's not going to come out and say new stadium? Fuck off that'll never happen is he? 

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Given how despised he is by a majority of them he's not going to come out and say new stadium? Fuck off that'll never happen is he? 

No but he isn't daft enough to believe what he's saying. But he's saying it. 

Just like Carlo having a go at the European Super League clubs and then running off to join the main instigators of it. 

34 minutes ago, Poster said:

No but he isn't daft enough to believe what he's saying. But he's saying it. 

Just like Carlo having a go at the European Super League clubs and then running off to join the main instigators of it. 

Playing to his audience isn't he? Playing his role. 
Any just words. 

Just now, Pete said:

Playing to his audience isn't he? Playing his role. 
Any just words. 

Which is why I said, didn't take long. I expected it but not so soon. 

No mention of the financial restraints from paying back the huge loan to build it, or how they're going to get all those middle aged men to say the extra for adult tickets. Where the extra season ticket holder's are coming from and why any player would sign because of a new stadium. 

They're going to love him at this rate, he certainly knows his audience. 

45 minutes ago, Poster said:

Which is why I said, didn't take long. I expected it but not so soon. 

No mention of the financial restraints from paying back the huge loan to build it, or how they're going to get all those middle aged men to say the extra for adult tickets. Where the extra season ticket holder's are coming from and why any player would sign because of a new stadium. 

They're going to love him at this rate, he certainly knows his audience. 

To be fair, none of those things are his concern - he is there to coach the team.

Rafa is pragmatic and will say what he has to say 

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
There's some proper bet wetting going on from these now that FSG have run out of money to spend. Apparently they want "the worst owners in the history of football" (as one of them described them) out. Quite funny to see their tears really.