You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Right. But it didn't fuck them did it? It gave them their favourite thing in the world, something to moan about for over a decade.

I'm sure they would have found something else.

It wound them up so like I said fuck them.

It takes a special type of simpleton to call someone a murderer for 20 years and then claim the moral high ground when they bite back.

Alt hose transfers from Liverpool to Everton and yet I don’t remember a single head falling off….Compare all those to the Nick Barmby one when they went into total rabid meltdown over it 

Still one of my favourite derby memories ….And s proper celebration,none of this hands by your side bollocks to not upset anyone 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Coutinho wouldn't even be a direct move. 

Who was the last ex-Red to play for them? Sander Westerveld?

As ever, who gives a fuck?

We signed their best player (Barmby) and they still moan about it 20 years later, whereas we remember him as doing a job for a year or two before being binned off to Leeds and basically being done by age 30.

Now they want to sign someone who we let go of when he was arguably our fourth-best forward, three years after tee sold him, and who would be one of the best players they’ve ever had... yet they’re deeply unhappy?

If all they can accept is signing our one-time third choice goalies then they might as well save themselves a lot of hassle and spend the money they’ve set aside for Coutinho on Karius instead. 

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

They have bought Sheedy, Ablett and Beardsley directly from us in the past so would prove them massive hypocrites if their heads fell off over this.

This is one of a few very poignant LFC related facts that has slipped and I’ve learned recently. The Aldridge hair ruffle, Shanks nearly going to Everton and now the fact Sheedy played for us, never mind that we sold him directly to Everton!

I’m being to doubt and question everything about myself.

21 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Alt hose transfers from Liverpool to Everton and yet I don’t remember a single head falling off….Compare all those to the Nick Barmby one when they went into total rabid meltdown over it 

Still one of my favourite derby memories ….And s proper celebration,none of this hands by your side bollocks to not upset anyone 

15 minutes ago, Ron B said:

As ever, who gives a fuck?

We signed their best player (Barmby) and they still moan about it 20 years later, whereas we remember him as doing a job for a year or two before being binned off to Leeds and basically being done by age 30.

Now they want to sign someone who we let go of when he was arguably our fourth-best forward, three years after tee sold him, and who would be one of the best players they’ve ever had... yet they’re deeply unhappy?

If all they can accept is signing our one-time third choice goalies then they might as well save themselves a lot of hassle and spend the money they’ve set aside for Coutinho on Karius instead. 

Barmby was great when he was here I thought. Always performed well, was really versatile and scored some important goals. A proper footballer. Or am I remembering it wrong?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, belarus said:

Barmby was great when he was here I thought. Always performed well, was really versatile and scored some important goals. A proper footballer. Or am I remembering it wrong?

He was very good in the first period after joining us, then went off the boil big time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

Remember the echo headline on a board outside a newsagents.

Bill Kenwright on the six words he didn't want Barmby to say,

"I want to play for Liverpool"

Another classic was,

Everton's top target signs for Liverpool when we signed Momo.

6 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Remember the echo headline on a board outside a newsagents.

Bill Kenwright on the six words he didn't want Barmby to say,

"I want to play for Liverpool"

Another classic was,

Everton's top target signs for Liverpool when we signed Momo.

I think their heads fell off again when we signed that Abel Zavier was it? Fucking huge lummox with blonde hair? I seem to remember he scored for us not long after signing and he'd never scored for everton or something in 80 games. He was a bit shit mind.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I think their heads fell off again when we signed that Abel Zavier was it? Fucking huge lummox with blonde hair? I seem to remember he scored for us not long after signing and he'd never scored for everton or something in 80 games. He was a bit shit mind.

Didn't he score for us against Everton?

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I seem to think that but wasnt sure!

Maybe I'm mistaken but I seem to remember there was an og then he went up the other end and scored for us. 

All that alcohol hasn't done my memory cells any good.

11 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Johnny Morrissey ? Going back a bit I know.

Just had a look on the interwebnet thingy and Xavier apparently scored on his debut against Ipswich Town...I was convinced it was Everton. 

It's that false memory syndrome again

16 minutes ago, Chr15 said:

Just had a look on the interwebnet thingy and Xavier apparently scored on his debut against Ipswich Town...I was convinced it was Everton. 

It's that false memory syndrome again

All those small clubs that play in blue just blend into one, eventually. It's an easy mistake to make.