You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Got an Arsenal supporting mate who was listening to Talk Shite the other day. Said there was an Everton supporter on who started off fairly sane, but then went on some mad rant about how he'd never back Benitez even if they won their first 15 games. My mate couldn't believe that this feller, who must have been in his 50s, could sound so weird and bitter. It was also an eye opener for him when I then told him all about how Heysel had stopped their world domination. He just shook his head and rolled his eyes.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Got an Arsenal supporting mate who was listening to Talk Shite the other day. Said there was an Everton supporter on who started off fairly sane, but then went on some mad rant about how he'd never back Benitez even if they won their first 15 games. My mate couldn't believe that this feller, who must have been in his 50s, could sound so weird and bitter. It was also an eye opener for him when I then told him all about how Heysel had stopped their world domination. He just shook his head and rolled his eyes.

Someone posted the radio Merseyside phone in on here right after he was appointed. It was fucking mental. And the madest part I found, is each one when they came on seemed determined to share their age "I'm billy and I'm 72 and three quarters". I'm assuming because they're "born" this indicates how many years they've supported their club. They're just really weird. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Someone posted the radio Merseyside phone in on here right after he was appointed. It was fucking mental. And the madest part I found, is each one when they came on seemed determined to share their age "I'm billy and I'm 72 and three quarters". I'm assuming because they're "born" this indicates how many years they've supported their club. They're just really weird. 

The funniest thing was when they were trying to outdo each other with how long they’d been going the match.  One said over 50 years and I’m sure another said over 60.  Yet they weren’t going to go anymore.  It’s fantastic stuff.  One of my oldest school friends has stopped speaking to me over it.  Pathetic, but will never not be funny

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

If you ever go on Twatter every Evertonian account says how long they have been a season ticket holder and in what stand. 

Bonus bingo points also for:

Pictures of Dixie Dean

Picture of the Gwladys Street

Picture of the 1985 team

Picture of Bramley Moore

Picture of Big Dunc strangling Steffen Freund.

Picture of Richarlison celebrating his goal in the derby

Kopites are gobshites 

Senior club in the city

Something moaning about the Super League.

It's almost like some weird Masons code.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

If you ever go on Twatter every Evertonian account says how long they have been a season ticket holder and in what stand. 

Pictures of Dixie Dean

Picture of the Gwladys Street

Picture of the 1985 team

Picture of Bramley Moore

Picture of Big Dunc strangling Steffen Freund.

Picture of Richarlison celebrating his goal in the derby

Kopites are gobshites 

Senior club in the city

Something moaning about the Super League.

It's almost like some weird Masons code.

You missed out 1878 in their Twitter handle 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

I can't believe an Arsenal fan didn't recognise Everton 84-87 as the great club side in the history of world football. 

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I can't believe an Arsenal fan didn't recognise Everton 84-87 as the great club side in the history of world football. 

He's actually a really nice lad who played at a fairly good non-league standard. He can't be arsed with the tribal shit in football, so found this feller's mental rantings quite amusing. 

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I appreciate that but a couple of points. Even clubs the size of Real and Barcelona are now struggling with debts clocking on for £500m+. If and yes, it is a big if, they ever get relegated to the EFL, the EFL dont ignore gangsters running clubs with huge debts.

Get where you’re coming from but even the 2 Spanish clubs are bottom feeders compared to the eternally open chequebook clubs. If the bloos are indeed serious financial heavyweights then just like City they’ll eventually force their way to the top table and the ‘rules’ won’t stop them getting there. It’s all down to them.

36 minutes ago, stringvest said:

The funniest thing was when they were trying to outdo each other with how long they’d been going the match.  One said over 50 years and I’m sure another said over 60.  Yet they weren’t going to go anymore.  It’s fantastic stuff.  One of my oldest school friends has stopped speaking to me over it.  Pathetic, but will never not be funny

Repped for still being around, Stringy.

2 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Get where you’re coming from but even the 2 Spanish clubs are bottom feeders compared to the eternally open chequebook clubs. If the bloos are indeed serious financial heavyweights then just like City they’ll eventually force their way to the top table and the ‘rules’ won’t stop them getting there. It’s all down to them.

Real were state-financed doped well before it became fashionable, so they can fuck off.

42 minutes ago, stringvest said:

What?!  There is someone older than you?!

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Pictures of Dixie Dean

That's William Ralph Dean to you. He didn't like Dixie and all those people who were but twinkles in the milkman's eye when Dix...sorry, 'William Ralph' was long dead strive to respect that. Class and dignity (that's another one for your bingo).

I note that Dave Prentice is married to the granddaughter of William Ralph. You learn a new thing every day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deiseach said:

That's William Ralph Dean to you. He didn't like Dixie and all those people who were but twinkles in the milkman's eye when Dix...sorry, 'William Ralph' was long dead strive to respect that. Class and dignity (that's another one for your bingo).

I note that Dave Prentice is married to the granddaughter of William Ralph. You learn a new thing every day.

His wife is on Twatter and mentions her Grandad in every tweet. She's like the David Walliams character in Little Britain who always tells everyone at every opportunity that she was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

His wife is on Twatter and mentions her Grandad in every tweet. She's like the David Walliams character in Little Britain who always tells everyone at every opportunity that she was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid. 

Haha, I came across the wife's Twitter after some, erm, research on the daughter's one.

She's like Ray Finkle in Ace Ventura but with Dixie Dean instead of Dan Marino.

Didn't Dean hate the nickname 'Dixie'? Something about it being racially tinged because he had black curly hair?

1 hour ago, Em City said:

Haha, I came across the wife's Twitter after some, erm, research on the daughter's one.

She's like Ray Finkle in Ace Ventura but with Dixie Dean instead of Dan Marino.

Didn't Dean hate the nickname 'Dixie'? Something about it being racially tinged because he had black curly hair?

Yeah I heard it was racist, it came from America and the slaves would whistle the Dixie tune or something to that affect, I could be wrong.