You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I’m a bit disappointed in Rafa tbh and can’t quite understand why he needs the grief . 
He must be acutely aware of the shit that is going get stirred up and whilst he might get a decent wedge out of it at 61 does he really need his life fucked up for a few years . He should have given them a massive swerve.

16 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Hey lads, I'm entirely out of the loop on this and haven't been paying attention... I'd heard the Rafa Everton thing being touted about and had no idea it might actually happen though.

What happened to Ancelotti... did they sack him?

Are you being serious or sarcastic here? 

12 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Are you being serious or sarcastic here? 

No quite serious.  Anyway, I'll look it up on the interweb.

Edit:  Christ, he went to Real Madrid almost a month ago!!!  

Between watching the Euros and work I really have been living under a rock.

Sorry, comrade.

• Upvote 1

He's going to get somewhere between £14m and £30m for 2/3 years work - I can't really blame him. I know he's loaded, but that kind of money sets up his kids, grandkids, great grandkids and beyond. 

I think Everton will finish between 7th and 10th. Might have a cup run. To be honest, if they stop Man City from winning one of the domestic trophies then sounds okay to me. 

1 hour ago, s(k)aturation said:

No quite serious.  Anyway, I'll look it up on the interweb.

Edit:  Christ, he went to Real Madrid almost a month ago!!!  

Between watching the Euros and work I really have been living under a rock.

Sorry, comrade.

You have been working a lot lately.

• Like 1

Sounds like Brandalf had nothing to do with his appointment and this is all on the lovely Iranian and his pockets, according to Andy Hunter in the Guardian (Ken Billwright also didn't fancy the hassle but he's pretty much the club mascot thesedays). So Brands is in charge of transfers and didn't appoint the coach, and said coach will have to defer to a guy who didn't want him on all matters transfers. And Rafa isn't a big fan of deferring on transfers and control in the best of circumstances, never mind when the other fella is actually opposed to him.

It's got trouble written all over even without the typical blue hysteria that surrounds it.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

He's going to get somewhere between £14m and £30m for 2/3 years work - I can't really blame him. I know he's loaded, but that kind of money sets up his kids, grandkids, great grandkids and beyond. 

I think Everton will finish between 7th and 10th. Might have a cup run. To be honest, if they stop Man City from winning one of the domestic trophies then sounds okay to me. 

Already got enough dosh and fuck Everton winning anything. Cunts.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Man City popped out of that post, Man City and Everton in the same post usually ment a belly tickle, now if nothing else Everton now have a manager that will try win every game, in 30 odd years following the reds this has never been the case bar maybe 2005 when it suited them more than it would hurt us. Man City now have a 38 game season and so do Man Utd. That will.take some adjustment from their tiny brains.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

Watch them win the Carabao Cup and start making out that it's the most prestigious trophy in world football.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deiseach said:

Everything you need to know:

Cheers... you've also reminded me that I need to get my GAAGO.ie subscription sorted.

Up the Banner (hurling)... up the Rebels (Footy).

It's a strategic allegiance that traps my father-in-law (Tipp) in a nice pincer movement.

1 hour ago, Manny said:

Sounds like Brandalf had nothing to do with his appointment and this is all on the lovely Iranian and his pockets, according to Andy Hunter in the Guardian (Ken Billwright also didn't fancy the hassle but he's pretty much the club mascot thesedays). So Brands is in charge of transfers and didn't appoint the coach, and said coach will have to defer to a guy who didn't want him on all matters transfers. And Rafa isn't a big fan of deferring on transfers and control in the best of circumstances, never mind when the other fella is actually opposed to him.

It's got trouble written all over even without the typical blue hysteria that surrounds it.

I'm getting the popcorn ready. This is gonna be FUNNN!!!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Cheers... you've also reminded me that I need to get my GAAGO.ie subscription sorted.

Up the Banner (hurling)... up the Rebels (Footy).

It's a strategic allegiance that traps my father-in-law (Tipp) in a nice pincer movement.

You missed Clare beating Waterford, so we're good.

6 hours ago, Anubis said:

Today’s so far up their own arses they’re spearing their Adam’s apples thread.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/educating-rafael.112992/

"He will have arrived on Merseyside, all those years ago, with his views of the footballing landscape here skewed by media bias. It was, no doubt, something of a shock and disappointment to discover the truth"

He won the European Cup within 11 months of arriving on Merseyside, you mad, mad, cunts. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Manny said:

It's been obvious for a while that Moshiri is just pleasing himself and nobody else has any option other than to agree with him or resign. This is the kind of thing that happens when you see dollar signs and simply allow meglomaniacs to buy your club. For all FSG's faults,there does seem to be more than one input into the major decisions at the club. They only have themselves to blame as a club.

6 hours ago, magicrat said:

I’m a bit disappointed in Rafa tbh and can’t quite understand why he needs the grief . 
He must be acutely aware of the shit that is going get stirred up and whilst he might get a decent wedge out of it at 61 does he really need his life fucked up for a few years . He should have given them a massive swerve.

had to laugh at this. £30 Million and at home how is his life fucked up? What Everton fans booing him at Woodison every two weeks. How is that any different to him not being the manager?

• Upvote 2