You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

As a matter of interest, has Moshiri and moral high horse fc condemned these slogans about Benitez or are they just sitting on their hands about them?

They were quick to take up the position of moral guardians of football with that statement about the Euro League and pontificate about the 'what would everton do?' question. Their silence on this is defeaning.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

As a matter of interest, has Moshiri and moral high horse fc condemned these slogans about Benitez or are they just sitting on their hands about them?

They were quick to take up the position of moral guardians of football with that statement about the Euro League and pontificate about the 'what would everton do?' question. Their silence on this is defeaning.

Doesn't involve us so no mileage in it. The hypocritical twats.

5 hours ago, Iceman said:

2 CL winning managers in succession and yet chances are you'll never live to see your team play in the competition, let alone ever be in with a chance of winning it. That is absolutely taking the piss. 

Lipstick on a pig, mate. They can dress themselves up however they want, but they haven't won a trophy in 26 years which is incredible. I think it's harder to actually NOT win a trophy in all that time, takes some doing. 

44 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Lipstick on a pig, mate. They can dress themselves up however they want, but they haven't won a trophy in 26 years which is incredible. I think it's harder to actually NOT win a trophy in all that time, takes some doing. 

It's only the big clubs, like Portsmouth, Blackburn and Wigan, who have managed to win trophies in that time. 

3 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

And, this already in itself a flight of fancy barely more realistic than winning the jackpot in Vegas, if he did win a trophy it would only ever conceivably be the league cup. So when you tout the massive achievement selling your soul has brought, the neighbours you permanently compare yourself with just smile and raise the most important club trophy there is over the fence.

He'll be sacked (and handsomely paid off) before the League Cup Final comes around. 

Rafa is ace. I’m not arsed about the prospect of him becoming Everton manager. What is the best he could achieve there? Have them competing for a European place, and maybe win the League Cup, I reckon. To be honest, I wouldn’t be bothered if he did the latter. It would be quite amusing to see Evertonians celebrate it like they’d won the World Cup, Super Bowl and Grand National rolled into one.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Rafa is ace. I’m not arsed about the prospect of him becoming Everton manager. What is the best he could achieve there? Have them competing for a European place, and maybe win the League Cup, I reckon. To be honest, I wouldn’t be bothered if he did the latter. It would be quite amusing to see Evertonians celebrate it like they’d won the World Cup, Super Bowl and Grand National rolled into one.

Ironic thing is their (at the minute) favourite other club have pretty much monopolised their only realistic chance of a trophy 

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's only the big clubs, like Portsmouth, Blackburn and Wigan, who have managed to win trophies in that time. 

And Swansea and Birmingham and Middlesbrough ….Could even throw Aston Villa in there as well seeing as they’ve been relegated a few times 

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

Apparently Drunken isn't part of Rafas plans and has told Moshiri that he can't work under him.

A classic case of jumping before he's pushed 

And to think he had turned down joining Carlo at Madrid (allegedly)

• Upvote 1