You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

That catcher has NEVER had a conversation with a red because he'd have been filled in for all the sectarian and absolute other shite he has spouted. Neither can i see any red having a conversation with him over social media except telling him to fuck off.

All he has is a deranged imagination.

16 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

This is not a particularly nuanced fanbase who can sort of look at it and go "well he did great for us, but he's with an opponent now so I am going to dislike him for that but admire what he did for us". They're not Evertonian's who can view things rationally and with a bit of perspective.

You see, this is a blueshite thing.  they cant actually like any opponent and they don't get that anyone can, unless of course its something that affects us.

Whilst I hope Rafa doesn't take it, he doesn't need the hassle or money.  It could be his Mrs saying can you stay a bit more local than China this time.  

I can respect and admire him without disliking him for taking their job 

‘This fella crossed lines nobody else has in my lifetime and there's just no coming back from it.’ - Bellend 1

‘This is not a particularly nuanced fanbase who can sort of look at it and go "well he did great for us, but he's with an opponent now so I am going to dislike him for that but admire what he did for us". They're not Evertonian's who can view things rationally and with a bit of perspective.- Bellend 2

Must admit I'm not seeing the correlation here.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

‘This fella crossed lines nobody else has in my lifetime and there's just no coming back from it.’ - Bellend 1

‘This is not a particularly nuanced fanbase who can sort of look at it and go "well he did great for us, but he's with an opponent now so I am going to dislike him for that but admire what he did for us". They're not Evertonian's who can view things rationally and with a bit of perspective.- Bellend 2

Must admit I'm not seeing the correlation here.

That's because you're irrational and lack perspective! 

3 hours ago, Truered said:

God they are completely utterly mad....

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m

I have to be honest, from the converstions I have had with reds they fall into 2 categories on this;
1) Heartbroken/angry- wanting to kill Benitez for being a Judas
2) Convinced he is an actual agent sent in to send us down.

The latter not in a sort of jokey/banter way either, like we might joke about how FSG love United/the Glaziers for having their statement on the board but deep down you know it's b/s but it's funny ammo. They genuinely believe Benitez is just here to wind us up for laughs for them.

The 2nd category are going to get a pretty big shock, when they realise their precious "Rafa" actually really wants the job and is not going to call us a small club in the 1st press conference etc etc.

This is not a particularly nuanced fanbase who can sort of look at it and go "well he did great for us, but he's with an opponent now so I am going to dislike him for that but admire what he did for us". They're not Evertonian's who can view things rationally and with a bit of perspective.

I highly doubt they will be singing his name in the derby, and I would imagine the relationship will be long soured by then.

This appointment is mutually assured destruction all around.

I have to be honest, this fucker has never actually spoken to a Red. 

Weirdos on GOT think about Derredshite the way Jojo Rabbit thought about Jews.

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He is a wum. Or fucking totally lacking in self-awareness. Oddball.

He’s defo not a wum - someone posted that podcast clip of him. He’s just an absolute whopper 

• Upvote 2

On 21/06/2021 at 07:19, Impostor said:

My advice to my Everton pals - don't touch Rafa Benitez with a barge pole - John Aldridge

EVERTON are flirting with the idea of appointing ­Rafael Benitez as their new manager, and my advice to them could not be ­ clearer – don’t do it.

The prospect of a former Liverpool manager taking over at Goodison Park will send a shiver down the spine of many Evertonians, and some of my blue nose friends are not happy about it.

I saw former Everton keeper Neville Southall saying their fans will never accept Benitez as manager and I think he’s spot on.

Rafa will always be a Red and even though he has made Liverpool his home and I’m sure he would love the Everton job, he is not the right fit for them.

He would stabilise Everton, get them into the top half of the table next ­season and might even get them near a Cup final, but the style of football he promotes and the way he does things is not to everyone’s liking.

When Benitez is running a club, it’s his way or the highway and that’s not ideal if you are not one of his men.

Look at the way he treated Robbie Keane after he made his dream move to Liverpool in 2008.

Of course, there are two sides to the Benitez debate and there will always be plenty of Liverpool fans who will always hold Benitez in high esteem, as he was the manager who brought the fifth European Cup to the club on that famous night in Istanbul back in 2005.

It is an achievement that can never be taken from him, but there are some myths about that night that need to be popped.

First of all, he picked the wrong team to start that final in Istanbul, as Harry Kewell should not have started and the ­balance of the team was all wrong as AC Milan went 3-0 ahead.

Secondly, Benitez was about to take Djimi Traore off at half-time before Steve Finnan told him he was injured, and so he had to change his plans, which was a lucky break that went his way.

And thirdly, Steven Gerrard’s iconic performance dragged Liverpool to victory that night and gave Benitez the Champions League win that will always be on his record.

Rafa’s tactics were important in getting Liverpool through to that 2005 Champions League final and he was also inventive, as his side reached the 2007 final of that competition as well.

Yet the way it ended for him at Liverpool should not be forgotten.

He gave the green light for the club to sign way too many players who were not good enough to play for Liverpool reserves and you have to ask why those players ended up at the club?

Management is a lucrative game these days as the guys at the top get paid huge amounts and even if they fail, they get multi-millions euro pay-offs.

Benitez is proof of that and you should see the house he lives on a clifftop with panoramic views of the River Dee on the Wirral.

It’s one of the biggest houses on Merseyside, but is he really the right man for Everton now?

https://www.sundayworld.com/sport/soccer/my-advice-to-my-everton-pals-dont-touch-rafa-benitez-with-a-barge-pole-40558032.html

And so he goes on, I'm getting the impression he isn't Rafa's best friend. But yeah, one of the biggest houses on the Wirral definitely means the bitters shouldn't even consider Rafa. 

Sorry John, loved you as a player but christ you're bitter. 

Aldo is a very, very bitter man. I got into a good argument with him in a pub over Rafa in the summer Rafa was replaced by Hodgson.

Aldridge guaranteed me that Hodgson would do a better job than Rafa. It was a very easy argument to destroy really. He absolutely hates Rafa.

But, going by his ranting that night he hates Kenny and Maria even more. He said they got him out of Liverpool. He was having a barney with his wife in the hotel room, it was heated and Marina called to the room to tell them to keep it down. He told her to piss off and mind her own business. He said that was the end of his Liverpool career.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He was a 31 year old and Sociedad offered 1 million for him and Rushie was 29 and by far a better player. Of course we sold him. 

Wasn’t by far second time around but he was better, Aldo was a great goal scorer 50 in 80 odd in the league. They both played with great providers as you know.

We did the right thing.

8 hours ago, Byrnie said:

Aldo is a very, very bitter man. I got into a good argument with him in a pub over Rafa in the summer Rafa was replaced by Hodgson.

Aldridge guaranteed me that Hodgson would do a better job than Rafa. It was a very easy argument to destroy really. He absolutely hates Rafa.

But, going by his ranting that night he hates Kenny and Maria even more. He said they got him out of Liverpool. He was having a barney with his wife in the hotel room, it was heated and Marina called to the room to tell them to keep it down. He told her to piss off and mind her own business. He said that was the end of his Liverpool career.

I'm curious to know why he hates Benitez so much, given that i imagine he hasn't had any direct dealings with him. Did he offer up any insight into this or was it just the bitter rantings of a sad man?  

Danny Murphy hates him for breaking up the cliques and ultimately bombing him out of the club, and whilst i don't necessarily agree with him, i can understand from his point of view why he would dislike Benitez. Aldridge, on the other hand, i can't see why. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Ian St John was the same with Houllier. Always called him "The Frenchman" whenever he mentioned him in his radio show and wouldn't give him any credit for anything. Maybe it was something to do with Roy Evan's leaving. 

Anyway, there's only one Frenchman.

mqdefault-1.jpg

The Devil

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I suspect some of the old pro's bounced round the place like they owned it and stuck their noses in places the managers didn't want? St John probably didn't like Ged because of what happened with Roy Evans. 

St John treated Houllier disgracefully and I lost a lot of respect for him after that. It's ironic how they passed away so close to each other yet they both played a significant part in our success. I dont even think Evans bore Houllier much of a grudge himself,publically at least.