You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

It’s a measure of how arsed I am that I think it’s fucking ace they’ve got him. They’re no threat to us, he’s a spent force, it’ll end in disaster and it’s funny as fuck. If Rafa still had the stuff then why did Newcastle not skip a beat in continuing to be completely mediocre when he was replaced by Bruce. 

You hate Rafa. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

I love Rafa, but he's made some bad choices since he left us, like taking over at Inter after Mourinho had just achieved everything

Mourinho had let that Inter squad (Mancini's team) grow very old and had wrung every last drop out of them. Rafa was fucked from the start there.

I think there's some fanciful ideas floating around that whether we batter them or not, he's going to wave to the Kop if we chant his name.

He's not daft. If he gets the job as I expect him to, he's not going to jeopardised that by waving to us and inciting the very people he needs to get on board with him being manager.

• Upvote 2

Id genuinely worry for his safety if things didnt go well- those mental bastards are bad enough with managers generally. 

Why would he put himself through it.

Like Mourinho imploding after 2 seasons, its nailed on that Rafa and Everton will not mix well.       

7 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Id genuinely worry for his safety if things didnt go well- those mental bastards are bad enough with managers generally. 

Why would he put himself through it.

Like Mourinho imploding after 2 seasons, its nailed on that Rafa and Everton will not mix well.       

Not before he trousers a few million quid in wages.

Reminiscent of when he took over with us though really. An international tournament ongoing so not front page news, first responsibility is to convince our world class players he’s the man for the job and that they should commit their future to us, coming here fresh on the back of upsetting the establishment to win the league and European competitions, and being one of the hottest properties in the game, joining a globally renowned team.

well, there’s an international competition on. 

• Upvote 5

57 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I think there's some fanciful ideas floating around that whether we batter them or not, he's going to wave to the Kop if we chant his name.

He's not daft. If he gets the job as I expect him to, he's not going to jeopardised that by waving to us and inciting the very people he needs to get on board with him being manager.

Rafa wouldn’t even wave to his own kids at Sports Day.

5 hours ago, Poster said:

Pair of pricks. 

I love that clip, it sums up just how much Rafa got under the skin of Ferguson, Allerdyce, Bruce and the LMA mob. They hate him, really hate him and he all he done was look out for his club.

I hope it happens. If he does well the mental gymnastics will be a sight to behold. If he doesn't sure that will be fun too.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Going to Utd would have been pretty bad and it would have tarnished his reputation here (I'd be absolutely gutted) but Chelsea, yeah ok but what real rivalry have we got with them? It was because of Rafa that we had all those European and cup tussles but I'm not really that arsed with them these days apart from their fans being utter cunts. As for him gong over there, they hate us much more than we hate them because they don't really mean fuck all to us. Their fans get right on my tits because they are immoral, lying hypocrites but as for the club itself - meh.  

Fuck Everton fans, I hope Rafa fleeces them but I'll never have anything but love for that man. Ged rebuilt the foundations but Rafa took over the reigns and dragged us back to the top table and built one of our best sides ever (that 2008/09 squad should have won the league) and gave us some momentous times. That night we destroyed Real Madrid 4 nil is one of our finest ever performances and that night we would have beaten anybody on the planet. 

Repped - love being reminded of that game was lucky enough to be at it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jockey said:

He doesn't need this job - he may live in the area, but that hasn't stopped him taking the Milan job, the Madrid job, the Napoli job, the China job, the Newcastle job, the Chelsea job. 

He can take any job he wants, we have no right to ask him to ignore a well paid job with a Premier League team - but, I'm sorry this does tarnish his legacy with us. I can't possibly wish him well - and as usual Everton are appointing a name rather than the right manager. 

Drg3n.gif

• Upvote 1

I don’t get this at all. Not so much because of us, but the other side of the park. They’ll hate him before a ball is touched.

Anfield on derby night: Kop doesn’t boo Rafa. On the contrary he’s given a solid applause. 90 mins later he goes off after losing 3-0 to us. That alone would be a sackable "offence".

Totally stupid decision by the bloos. Personally I don’t mind though.

Agree that Everton are just going for a big name rather than the right person. Rafa would do a good job there no doubt but I'd be a bit miffed if I was a bloo (god forbid). Personally I think Potter is hugely underrated. He's a managerial star in the making and Everton would be a very good fit for him, and for them. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Nothing down for him if he still has this door.

20210616_223552.jpg

Blueshite
One more night without sleepin'
Uuh, Watchin'
Till that Rafa' comes creepin'
Red door
What's that secret you're keepin'?

• Upvote 1