You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

This is a new low for them as they'll actually be cheering for a Liverpool manager. Either directly or by proxy they will still be supporting a dude who won us the Champions League. They can never live this one down. 

Moyes would seem like a saviour now. They would welcome him like a king. 

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

This is a new low for them as they'll actually be cheering for a Liverpool manager. Either directly or by proxy they will still be supporting a dude who won us the Champions League. They can never live this one down. 

Yeah but two weeks ago they were cheering a manager who lost a champions league final to Liverpool so by Everton logic they will find a way to take that as their own win 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah but two weeks ago they were cheering a manager who lost a champions league final to Liverpool so by Everton logic they will find a way to take that as their own win 

Agreed, they will twist themselves into whatever mental knot is required. 

I hope he gets a 10ml a year deal for 3 years and the sack him after he waves to to the Liverpool fans after we batter them 3-0 at Goodison. Then he takes them for every penny of the remaining 30 months of the deal.

5 hours ago, Iceman said:

Rafa managing Everton tarnishes his legacy. He degraded it by going to chelsey and now going to the blooshite is lower grade. Just a personal opinion. 

Tarnished, a bit, yea, going to Everton or United is just a straight up no. Chelsea was shit enough.

Having said that, I still love the guy, just going to weird as fuck watching him get boo'd from day one by those gobshites. Surely he has other offers?

Quick look at their opening two months of fixtures and they have Southampton, Leeds, Brighton, Burnley, Aston Villa & Norwich. If that's not enough of a cushion for a new manager, plus ample opportunity for an iTunes no.1 song then I don't know what is. Plus they don't have the distraction of European football, (probably our fault again)

After those two easy (on paper) months October is a month of the W's. Mancs (wankers), West Ham, Watford, Wolves. Of course you can only avoid the big clubs for so long, so November and December could be painful if they've not taken advantage of the easy start. If they haven't then expect to see a Big Sam appointment around xmas time, just in time for Little Sam's SkyQ subscription to renew. 

If they appoint Rafa then you can see why, he's a great manager. I don't think this tarnishes his legacy, his legacy is what it is. I really doubt he will buy in to the bullshit almost every one of their managers has, if he does that then I would be very disappointed. Hopefully he helps to narrow the massive divide between our fans, fuelled mainly by a club that is happier distracting their fans with shit about us than actually trying to achieve something. 

If it wasn't for city I'd be worried we might lose our 26 years song, but their favourite team will be an obstacle to any trophies for now. I don't see Rafa having to buy Montse a cuckoo clock for a while. 

Already many bitters are saying if Rafa gets the job they won't go back, this could be just the excuse a lot of them need to escape the pit of depression. It's quite likely his name has been leaked to gauge reaction, seems the reaction is pretty bad. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Iceman said:

Rafa managing Everton tarnishes his legacy. He degraded it by going to chelsey and now going to the blooshite is lower grade. Just a personal opinion. 

That's fair enough.  

For me, leading us to our first European Cup in 20 years, the FA Cup Final the following year. Even losing in 2007 and the 2nd place 2008/09 mean is legacy is untouched.  A genuine legend.  And that's before we get into all the Hillsborough support.  

I appreciate you're just saying that his legacy is tarnished, and that's fine and I fully understand that feeling, but the ones who hate him because of the bad ending to his career at Liverpool I find bizarre.  They must be joyless if they let minor negatives tarnish the joy of the huge positives.

• Upvote 11

He doesn't need this job - he may live in the area, but that hasn't stopped him taking the Milan job, the Madrid job, the Napoli job, the China job, the Newcastle job, the Chelsea job. 

He can take any job he wants, we have no right to ask him to ignore a well paid job with a Premier League team - but, I'm sorry this does tarnish his legacy with us. I can't possibly wish him well - and as usual Everton are appointing a name rather than the right manager. 

• Downvote 1

I love Rafa, but he's made some bad choices since he left us, like taking over at Inter after Mourinho had just achieved everything or taking over at Newcastle full stop. 

The Everton job is another dodgy choice - he won't be accepted by their fans unless he plays to the gallery and makes a few comments about us, which he's unlikely to do. 

The funny thing will be if he starts winning a few - have them in and around the top 4, maybe pick up a pot along the way. How will the “I’ll never go back” fans react then? It makes me want to cheer them on just to see the mental gymnastics some will have to perform, but they are good at that - plenty of practise.

Going to Utd would have been pretty bad and it would have tarnished his reputation here (I'd be absolutely gutted) but Chelsea, yeah ok but what real rivalry have we got with them? It was because of Rafa that we had all those European and cup tussles but I'm not really that arsed with them these days apart from their fans being utter cunts. As for him gong over there, they hate us much more than we hate them because they don't really mean fuck all to us. Their fans get right on my tits because they are immoral, lying hypocrites but as for the club itself - meh.  

Fuck Everton fans, I hope Rafa fleeces them but I'll never have anything but love for that man. Ged rebuilt the foundations but Rafa took over the reigns and dragged us back to the top table and built one of our best sides ever (that 2008/09 squad should have won the league) and gave us some momentous times. That night we destroyed Real Madrid 4 nil is one of our finest ever performances and that night we would have beaten anybody on the planet. 

• Upvote 6

It’s a measure of how arsed I am that I think it’s fucking ace they’ve got him. They’re no threat to us, he’s a spent force, it’ll end in disaster and it’s funny as fuck. If Rafa still had the stuff then why did Newcastle not skip a beat in continuing to be completely mediocre when he was replaced by Bruce.