You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Why have the weirdos nicked the phrase "glass ceiling"?

The true meaning of the phrase is the structural sexism that prevents women from reaching their potential.  Everton have been reaching their true potential for 30 years.  There's nothing artificially holding them back. Mid-table mediocrity is what and who they are.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The true meaning of the phrase is the structural sexism that prevents women from reaching their potential.  Everton have been reaching their true potential for 30 years.  There's nothing artificially holding them back. Mid-table mediocrity is what and who they are.

Well they do have a history of appropriating causes as theirs. 

Everton I mean, not women..

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Except for the Redshite, FA, UEFA, Premier League, Scab 6,Collina, Clive Thomas,John Houlding, Bill Shankly

• Upvote 1

hallamblue

Player Valuation: £35m
Has been a complete disaster for the club.

Not quite true. Lots of clubs have worse owners. Ours is just a bit of a rich divvy who's out of his depth. He hasn't bankrupted us, sold the training ground and the stadium and then done a dodgy lease back deal like lots of owners.

Good to see Moshri hasn't sold the training ground they don't own

Didn't Fat Controller Anderson spend 17ml of tax payers money buying it and redeveloping it 10 or so years back. Mind you with that fat bloo cunt in charge wouldn't shock me if he bought if off them a second time

Chippy should go to jail for that alone the twat. He made an app so people could have a pretend go at trying to manage a councils finances to show how difficult it is and you have to make tough choices. Choices like ill buy this piece of shit for 17 million of taxpayers money or ill sell this land worth 2 million for 20 pence.

Andy Hunter finishes off his report with the most depressing Everton paragraph I've seen in years
'Nuno returned to the top of Moshiri’s wish-list after the breakdown of his proposed move to Palace, and with Moyes committed to West Ham. He would be Everton’s sixth permanent manager in the past five years.’

sageyefc

Player Valuation: £70m
If was next to impossible to appoint someone that will manage to play slower more boring football than what we’ve had over the last few years yet we’ve somehow managed to do it.

And naturally, all roads lead to…

AmericasToffee

Player Valuation: £40m

7 matches against Liverpool. 

6 losses. 0 draws. 1 win. 3 goals for. 13 against.
  • Like 1

Will be interesting to see who gets first dibs on all the Portuguese players between the Ev and Wolves if Nuno goes there.

Will be piss funny if Everton get all the shit ones that Mendes just wants to make some coin on, while Wolves keep getting some decent players.

I don't think he's that bad an appointment. Wolves played some decent football before the last season, I normally enjoyed them. This season they had nobody to score goals, but he was able to set the team up to basically use the old Rafa plan of stay in the game for 60-70 mins and try and pinch something in the final phase. How easy that would have been to do at home in front of fans is a other matter, but they were never in danger this season.

If we take ancelotti out of it because he's an annomoly, their previous managers for the past 2 decades have been Moyes who was a championship manager who's job was to keep them up and was a hero because he got 4th once - Nuno got wolves to Europe. Bobby brown shoes who took Wigan down. Red Ronnie who like ancelotti went for the cash. Silva who failed to keep hull up. Allerdyce who's only claim to fame at that point was keeping teams up (although he clearly did well at Bolton). Nuno I would say is a better than par appointment for them 

• Upvote 1

I don’t think NES is a bad appointment for them. 

He did a good job at Wolves. I know they’ve had a lot of investment, but he’s taken them from the Championship to a threatening but steady mid-table club. 

Last season didn’t go great for him but then last season didn’t go great for a lot of clubs for various reasons. 

Unfortunately, I think he’ll probably do Ok. Whether Ok is good enough for The Ev and their delusions of grandeur, time will tell. 

If theyre patient and just accept this is the beginning of a new journey and it will take time with plenty of ups and downs, even drawn out downs that doesn't mean they're shite or good runs that doesn't mean Powershift, heads falling off they're going to win the league  top of the table memes after a few games then they could do alright under nino or at least better than they have. They need a philosophy as a club and then select the managers that best suit it because you can't hire, fire, start again every couple of years with players unsuited to each new managers style, we know this too well and I hope the club has learnt from it, there's plenty of other examples across the leagues.

The fans need to change their mentality too they wish this shit upon themselves, focus on your own shit rather than highlighting others to deflect from your own inadequacies of course the response to that would be stop murdering people, Heysel, all immoral redshite. In my opinion a negative mind breeds negative outcomes even if its negativity aimed at others it doesn't matter its all the same that negativity doesn't have an opinion it just lingers and consumes everything.

Thing is - what he achieved at Wolves isn't good enough for them. If we are back challenging next year and picking up trophies then a good solid top 8 finish isn't going to be enough. 

We are not their marker - but they think we are. Unless that changes all managers will struggle. Allardyce made that clear and they didn't like it. 

• Upvote 2

Wolves gave us a few really tough games these last few years even when we were at our best. I do wonder though if Mendes was more responsible for that than Nuno, and how he will get on at Everton if Mendes keeps sending his best young players to Wolves.

Most blues seem underwhelmed, but then who did they realistically think they were going to get? Most of them have been fantasising over Ten Hag, Gaultier and Rangnick but these fellas are already working for big clubs that regularly compete, why would they walk away from that to manage a mid-table Everton?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Wolves gave us a few really tough games these last few years even when we were at our best. I do wonder though if Mendes was more responsible for that than Nuno, and how he will get on at Everton if Mendes keeps sending his best young players to Wolves.

Most blues seem underwhelmed, but then who did they realistically think they were going to get? Most of them have been fantasising over Ten Hag, Gaultier and Rangnick but these fellas are already working for big clubs that regularly compete, why would they walk away from that to manage a mid-table Everton?

££££

Think he'll do well and I like the guy, a good fit. He's no Ancelotti though. I don't pay them much mind and don't know what their financial situation is, but if he'd had money to spend and could be arsed putting a shift in, Ancelotti had the nous, experience and - crucially- player pull to make them contenders for trophies, maybe not the prem, but a half decent outfit. 

I see no future for them outside battling for top six again now.

8 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t think NES is a bad appointment for them. 

He did a good job at Wolves. I know they’ve had a lot of investment, but he’s taken them from the Championship to a threatening but steady mid-table club. 

Last season didn’t go great for him but then last season didn’t go great for a lot of clubs for various reasons. 

Unfortunately, I think he’ll probably do Ok. Whether Ok is good enough for The Ev and their delusions of grandeur, time will tell. 

Will the blues now christen him Super NES?