You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, scudger99 said:

Home sweet home mate.  I look after that Morrisons store too.

Keep a eye out for Jim then, he will be buying boxes of them. 

Massive Rangers fan, only problem was never being able to get him to keep it down a bit. 

Funny my Grandad nearly moved the family there in the 70s for work

Just now, Lee909 said:

Keep a eye out for Jim then, he will be buying boxes of them. 

Massive Rangers fan, only problem was never being able to get him to keep it down a bit. 

Funny my Grandad nearly moved the family there in the 70s for work

That's how we got here in '66.  British Steel, the great Scottish exodus.

I'd ask for Jim's surname, but there's plenty of them here !  Including my own late father and son........

7 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

That's how we got here in '66.  British Steel, the great Scottish exodus.

I'd ask for Jim's surname, but there's plenty of them here !  Including my own late father and son........

Yeah my Grandad came over in around 62/63 from Belfast for work

Norrie

Haven't seen him for a good few years. He was based in Northampton offices and just covered here but he'd be retired now. 

Told me the story of going top Wembley for the famous Scottish win and meeting a mate on the bus coming home,who had the penalty spot they'd somehow dug up and nicked

Just now, Lee909 said:

Norrie

Haven't seen him for a good few years. He was based in Northampton offices and just covered here but he'd be retired now. 

Told me the story of going top Wembley for the famous Scottish win and meeting a mate on the bus coming home,who had the penalty spot they'd somehow dug up and nicked

Hahahhahaaha, I knew a few guys who went to that game and came home with all sorts of bits they claimed were from Wembley.  Drinking whisky for breakfast with cans to wash them down on the day of a match.  Absolute fucking headbangers.

I know one Norrie family, but don't know if they're Scottish.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My maternal Grandmother was Scottish so I have always hoped Scotland do well. I'd piss myself laughing if Scotland beat England next Sunday too. 

I have Scottish blood too and French and Irish, England obviously. I will support a Wales too.

28 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My maternal Grandmother was Scottish so I have always hoped Scotland do well. I'd piss myself laughing if Scotland beat England next Sunday too

No chance.

They are playing friday night.

4 hours ago, scudger99 said:

I have a yellow Brazil top.  Wanted one for years, and nearly every time I wear it I'm fucking plagued with all manner of little flying bastards.  Still love that top, but I rarely wear it.

"Piss off babe it's me favourite top" 

maxresdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I bought that 1990 Germany shirt but it had some weird stitching across the middle like someone had sewn two shirts together. Really uncomfortable. 

I mean, the designers weren't soft ..... 

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Out of rep, so have a photograph of China Town, San Francisco, circa 1957, instead.

B7994F86-CA02-42A3-A05B-B680334D8672.jpeg

Isn't it mad, everton were shit then as well 

52 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Hahahhahaaha, I knew a few guys who went to that game and came home with all sorts of bits they claimed were from Wembley.  Drinking whisky for breakfast with cans to wash them down on the day of a match.  Absolute fucking headbangers.

I know one Norrie family, but don't know if they're Scottish.

Hahahaha when I was a kid we went up for a Celtic game and in my dads mates garden they had a bit of mesh in a circle on the lawn in the corner of the garden "Thats the penalty spot from wembley that is wee man" I expect there are about 600 penalty spots from that day dotted around Scottish gardens. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How could blue not exist when the sky looks blue, the sea looks blue, eyes are blue. I could click that link and find out but I don't want too.

It's not particularly informative and strikes me as a load of poo.  I'll take their word for it that some (but obviously not all) ancient civilisations lacked words for certain colours; that's curious, but it's not enough to say "blue didn't exist".

https://www.openculture.com/2021/06/why-most-ancient-civilizations-had-no-word-for-the-color-blue.html?s=09

30 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's not particularly informative and strikes me as a load of poo.  I'll take their word for it that some (but obviously not all) ancient civilisations lacked words for certain colours; that's curious, but it's not enough to say "blue didn't exist".

https://www.openculture.com/2021/06/why-most-ancient-civilizations-had-no-word-for-the-color-blue.html?s=09

Actually, I take that back. I've watched the video now and it's got some interesting stuff in it.

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

A guy who used to cover for us was Scottish but lived in Corby and he used to bring them in for us when he went home, if not he got them in Morrisons in Corby, the one by me does them and they aren't to bad. 

I got a Scotch pie from a chippy in Glasgow once and the filthy bastard threw it in the fryer before handing it over. I'm a proper detrivore who will eat just about anything, but I had to throw half of it away, because it was too slimy to be edible. 

To be fair some of them are actually quiet funny taking the piss out of it all

On the bright side, if it is true, Duncan will take over in November and we’ll finally start moving in the right direction. And no, we won’t get relegated either you bells

Lots of disappointment on here tonight, I'm not surprised, this is the Alex Iwobi of managerial signings. Unambitious and lazy scouting.

However, in Nuno's defence (cos somebody oughta):

– He is a nice guy with a very likeable personality
– This is a massive step up for him and will be eager to prove himself

What is good brand of Portuguese beer I can get from Tesco?

I try to take a positive out of everything so here goes.

At least he’s not Eddie Howe. That’s all I’ve got currently.

To be fair to Nuno they sold his best players and didn’t replace them. Luckily for us we’ve got 2 flying wing backs and 2 great holding mids in Delph and gabamin. Not to mention 3 decent cbs so happy days really init

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £70m
There was more positivity for Silva who had less pedigree. We are an odd bunch.

(Proving once again you don't have to use facts on GOT)
(Nuno Honours)

Manager[edit]

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Marco Silva

Manager[edit]

Estoril

Sporting

Olympiacos

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Whats Portuguese for glass ceiling?

Andre Gomes

Just last season we were begging for our manager to hit the glass ceiling.

Nar man, Carlo had us in the hunt for top 4 with 3 weeks to go.

This will be forgotten in time cos hes a RAT and we finished 10th, but we reached for the stars.