You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

8 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

"According to David France, a Liverpool-born Everton historian who has lived in the US for 44 years, the club’s relationship with North America is a long one. France has written 18 books on the Merseyside club..." 

Holy fuck! 18 books? On Everton?! What a lunatic. 

Gwladys Street's Blue Book (with David Prentice 2002) ISBN 1-874799-16-4

Virgin Blues (with David Prentice 2003) ISBN 1-874799-17-2
Toffee Cards – The Bubble Gum Years (with Barry Hewitt 2005) ISBN 1-874799-18-0

Think this might be part of the problem.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Dissent in the ranks.

AndyC

Staff member
The Stadium
What stadium ?
If you’re referring to BMD, it’s currently only an approved planning permission still needing the appropriate license to humanely remove the fish from the dock AND the all important funding.

Wait, what? They have to humanely remove the fish from the diesel and fuck knows what other pollutants are in the dock before they could even make a start on building this pipe dream? This just gets better and better!

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

When you get the population of Columbia supposedly signing up to the club's social media account due to signing Hamez, they'll quickly fuck off as soon as he goes elsewhere.

I really dont believe they have a big Brasilian following either.

The dullards who did that arent yanks though but I know what you mean!

Yeah, fair point, but if James had played for the Ev for 10 years, that would ingrain a bit of Everton love in Colombia.

I've met a few Australian Everton fans down here, and they picked the bitters primarily because of Cahill.  Obviously nowhere near the amount of Liverpool fans, but that is also due to Craig Johnston and us being brilliant when he played for us.

If Everton had the USA's best ever player play for them for years and won stuff they would gradually pick up some US fans.  Engaging some social media influencer probably isn't going to do the job.

• Upvote 1

On 09/06/2021 at 17:54, an tha said:

Because most footy fans in this country are myopic pricks, who's opinions are shaped mostly by their allegiance and bias as opposed to reason.

But hey, it is all ok - we are all meant to bond together and get behind Sir Harold of Kaneshire and Good Old Gareth the Lionheart over next few weeks and roar on Ingerlund.....forgive and forget the 'sign on', 'murderers', 'always the victim' shouts etc and all the 'null and void' bitterness that cane our way - it's just 'bantz'.

Ingerlund, Ingerlund, Ingerlund.

Fucking biffs.

Said this myself many times before. This is the reason I can't stand the England team and look forward to them getting knocked out. 

Fuck them. 

• Upvote 2

Wearing my Maradona Argentina shirt around Liverpool always gets some good responses. Mostly positive, but wound up some England fans with it yesterday. I’m looking at getting the Germany 1990 WC shirt this weekend, just in time for the Euros.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Wearing my Maradona Argentina shirt around Liverpool always gets some good responses. Mostly positive, but wound up some England fans with it yesterday. I’m looking at getting the Germany 1990 WC shirt this weekend, just in time for the Euros.

Tell me these England fans were wools, please!

16 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

England still gets a decent following - there is a difference between actively not supporting England and supporting them but not giving a shit when they lose. I tend to fall into the latter, but since the Void shite - I am more in the 'fuck em' camp. I'm not in the ABE camp as I don't care enough about anyone to be so. If VVD was fit I'd be supporting Holland, but I'll probably support my bet. 

Reality is starting to bite isn't it? They are Ian Beale after Mel left him - and they are going to end up with Sharon! 

Ancelotti                                                                 next choice. 

266632148_EastEnders-spoilers-Sharon-Mitchell-Mel-Owen-1178013(1).jpg.ad365dcc0297ba69f77f077daa0d80e5.jpg

2 hours ago, Total Longo said:

I wore it around town, loads of people said ‘like your shirt lad’ and stuff like that.  But a white van full of blokes gave me some evils haha. Probably from Wigan.