You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

No sniggering at the back part two. The long view? Twenty six years and counting.

Eggs

Eggs

Player Valuation: £70m

….you see this all the time. Remember Sheffield United doing well, Wolves more recently & even the likes of Middlesborough at one stage.

Everton have been in the top flight of English football more than any other side in the country, even the scab Big 6. We don’t take anything for granted but we tend to see them off and we remain true to the values of the game as we were over 130 years ago when we were founder members in England.

Its tough being an Evertonian but it’s better than supporting a club who hate any other that competes with them.

Rooney_Tunes

Player Valuation: £20m
….you see this all the time. Remember Sheffield United doing well, Wolves more recently & even the likes of Middlesborough at one stage.

Everton have been in the top flight of English football more than any other side in the country, even the scab Big 6. We don’t take anything for granted but we tend to see them off and we remain true to the values of the game as we were over 130 years ago when we were founder members of the game in England.

Its tough being an Evertonian but we don’t take anything for granted and it’s better than supporting a club who hate any other that competes with them.

Blah, blah, blah blah...we are mid-table mediocrity.

Once you accept it, you feel better.

PSB1

PSB1

Player Valuation: £6m
….we are at the moment but things change. I’m very old, United, City, Chelsea, The Reds have all spent seasons out of the top flight in my life. At points they’d have wished they were mid table mediocracy.
True. I think I was 12 before the Reds got promoted to the top flight having been relegated when I was 3!

Modesty and taking the long view are the order of the day at present IMO.

Oh my aching sides. You don't have to be a winner ....

Any talk of moyes having a glass ceiling is absolute nonsense talk and this myth about him not being able to win trophies.

Of course he had a glass ceiling when he was last here. The big 4 at the time were on a different planet with their budget and he constantly had to sell his best players year on year so the gap between us and the big 4 at the time was like that of the Premier league and championship. He effectively won the league for us 3 or 4 times in what was realistic by finishing 5th multiple times and 4th once.

• Upvote 1

So staying true to the value of the game and floating around mid table in the premiership are the marks of success. Well I guess if you're everton then it is, the bar is very low. 

You have to wonder why they want Uncle Uzzi to jet in and throw his billions around then, surely that wouldn't be 'staying true to the value of the game.' If just existing in the top flight is enough to celebrate then why search for a top manager, why crave some oligarch's billions. 

Of course they're just trying to make the best of the shit sandwich that is their club, which is why we have a champions wall and they have a list of firsts that have nothing to do with trophies or success in football. 

The most famous thing about them, is us. 

48 minutes ago, Poster said:

So staying true to the value of the game and floating around mid table in the premiership are the marks of success. Well I guess if you're everton then it is, the bar is very low. 

You have to wonder why they want Uncle Uzzi to jet in and throw his billions around then, surely that wouldn't be 'staying true to the value of the game.' If just existing in the top flight is enough to celebrate then why search for a top manager, why crave some oligarch's billions. 

Of course they're just trying to make the best of the shit sandwich that is their club, which is why we have a champions wall and they have a list of firsts that have nothing to do with trophies or success in football. 

"6 European cups is fuck all lad, we were the first club in the werld to provide salt in them little sachets"

1 hour ago, Poster said:

Shrodingers Evertonian - they can hold two opposing views at the same with ease! There are people suffering from split personality disorder who are less contradictory than those fuckers! 

The Peoples club owned by a billionaire is perfectly compatible in the Evertonian mind. 

5 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Of course he had a glass ceiling when he was last here. The big 4 at the time were on a different planet with their budget and he constantly had to sell his best players year on year

Did he have to sell his best players year on year, or did those best players just want to leave as soon as a better club came calling? Because the two are not the same thing. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Palace on the verge of announcing Nunos as their new manager after he interviewed with everton, allegedly.

BS will spin it he wasnt good enough for them if he does go to Palace!

He must have heard about Calvert Lewin joining Palace...

• Upvote 2

New narrative - they never offered him a job, decided against him, etc. Potter now becoming more favourable. Some reckon they may have to fight Spurs for a manager. At least it’s proving entertaining!

Wolves we’re fucking turd last season. He definitely jumped before he was pushed. I appreciate they will find goals hard to come by with their star striker out but they could at least try to score. Even so I thought his stock would be higher than Palace. Maybe Evspansyol could appoint Woy.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

That's a fucking belting "come and get me" plea. I wonder if spurs would use some of the kane money on him? 

As for the Moyes/Martinez stuff,  obviously we'd all love Moyes, but I didn't think Bobby brown shoes was that bad for them. In fact I think they did pretty well at times. I'm sure he was before the moshiri money wasn't he? 

Yeah he did pretty well, but the fan base had got it into their heads that they could do better. 

Finished 5th his first season, his second season got to the semis in both domestic cups, but went on a shit run in the league ending up about 11th, instead of taking that as a positive and using the bad run as an anomaly, or thinking its because they had some European football to get used to, they decided to get cocky and go for some greener grass. 

They want instant success, and aren't willing to give a manager the time to build their own team, so now their squad is just a bastard amalgamation of 5 different managers signings. 

32 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Wolves we’re fucking turd last season. He definitely jumped before he was pushed. I appreciate they will find goals hard to come by with their star striker out but they could at least try to score. Even so I thought his stock would be higher than Palace. Maybe Evspansyol could appoint Woy.

He was unfortunate to lose Jiminez for half the season but yeah they fell well below where I'd expect them to have. 

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Yeah he did pretty well, but the fan base had got it into their heads that they could do better. 

Finished 5th his first season, his second season got to the semis in both domestic cups, but went on a shit run in the league ending up about 11th, instead of taking that as a positive and using the bad run as an anomaly, or thinking its because they had some European football to get used to, they decided to get cocky and go for some greener grass. 

They want instant success, and aren't willing to give a manager the time to build their own team, so now their squad is just a bastard amalgamation of 5 different managers signings. 

yeah - but we made that exact call when FSG bombed kenny (well except we made 2 finalsm won one and finished higher than everton!). we had an inevitable drop off that season after qualifying for europe by winning the league cup and that defeat to arsenal made top 4 a struggle and we focussed on the fa cup. to be fair, i didn't agree with sacking kenny either, but i don't think everton's call to bomb bobby brown shoes was that much out of line with how other teams operate, ourselves included. 

• Upvote 1