You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

No sniggering at the back.

terryefc

terryefc

Player Valuation: £750k
I think he's alluding to - it ain't what you do its the way that you do it.
Like it or not - there is a certain class and style about our club. 
It doesn't always help us - but as they say - it takes a lifetime to earn a reputation - but seconds to lose it.
That Euro Super League would not have even been mooted if we had been involved in discussions.
There's not many clubs that are just 'proper'. And we are.

Dunno about proper but they are certainly ‘special’. 

24 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Big Sams Undies

Big Sams Undies

Player Valuation: £6m
What would the Everton board do…

1) Spend a year chasing a lame duck named Marco Silva, blatantly tapping him up via the media before sacking the muppet once they got him.

2) Appoint fat Ronk purely due to his career as a player in the bizarre belief that it would increase our reputation.

3) Appoint Steve Walsh and let him go sick buying numbers 10s and absolute dead heads.

4) Blowing £500m in 4 years on dog turd players.

5) Let a DOF actually pay money to bring in Iwobi and Delph.

6) Give every failure and wrong-un a job because they happen to be a former player.

7) Project Kirkby.

8) Kings dock.

9) Lick Jim Whites bum hole for attention and come out with nonsense about Lukaku leaving due to voodoo.

10) Being had off by a bloke in a Manchester bedsit that he was wedged.

Yeah we’re a superb example for other clubs to follow… If they’d like to go go tits up.

Oh and 11) Fire up the Bat Signal for Fat Sam to ride in on his structurally reinforced horse to save us from a relegation that was never a threat

What's number 10 about? 

20 minutes ago, Anubis said:

terryefc

terryefc

It doesn't always help us - but as they say - it takes a lifetime to earn a reputation - but seconds to lose it.
That Euro Super League would not have even been mooted if we had been involved in discussions.

The party with all the hot chicks that we weren't invited to: we'd never have stood for that... 

29 minutes ago, Anubis said:

terryefc

terryefc

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9525bfa6df9ffd70eddc8

10 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I posted the other day

We were finished, not a big club in them 30 years

2 European Cups

1 Uefa Cup

3 FA Cups

4 League Cups 

1 Super Cup

3 More trophies than they have won in 75 years

3 Super cups - 2001, 2005, 2019

1 World club cup

3 League cups, the 4th you mention was in April 1995, so before neverwon picked up their last trophy.

We have basically picked up every single trophy we could since they won their last. Many of them multiple times. 

• Upvote 1

Anyway, it was something to do with this fella. He put them in touch with some con man who was skint. Allegedly.

(from GOT) Here's Kenwright's actual words:

They knew the small details of the club, the move to Stanley Park, the move to Kirkby. They had instructed a serious legal firm, they did due diligence, their costs alone must have been £150,000. We were six months down the line and the guy from Thailand was coming over to sign it all off.

'Then he was delayed due to the ash cloud, and it dragged on. Finally he said he was flying in Saturday, so I asked where he was staying and he said the Dorchester. But there was a small pause before he said it, a catch in his voice as if he had to think of a name, and I froze.

'I asked how he would get to my office and he said on the Tube. And that was it. We were doing a big deal for a film and I had a team of investigators on hand for that, so I asked them to run a check on these two. And on Friday a brown envelope arrived. And I turned the page, and turned another page, and with each one it got worse.

'The offices were rented, the Far East link lived in a one-bedroom flat in the worst part of the city, the Manchester guy was a small-time inventor, no more. They never arrived. And I have no idea why they did it, or how they did it. Maybe they thought they could secure the deal, then raise the funds. The problem was I wanted to believe. And I'll meet anyone if they sound straight.

A few of them still believe the lad I worked with getting in a taxi at Lime Street one night and telling the taxi driver that Kenwright turned down PSGs owners before they bought them.

The taxi driver nearly crashed his cab in a fit of rage when he told him. 

Someone on here said they overheard a bus driver talking to his mate about Everton saying "I heard a rumour that Kenwright turned down PSG's owners because he wanted to remain in charge, fucking knobhead"

• Upvote 2

A few days on and I'd like to offer a considered opinion...losing Ancelotti is an absolute catastrophe for the Bloos. I remember saying when they gave Red Ronnie the bullet that they'd come to regret it. There are not many figures of the stature of Koeman out there, someone who makes you feel good about your club even when things are not going according to plan. Everton usually have to root around in the boxes marked "unproven" or "proven to be a cunt" when they are looking for a manager, so that they thought they were too good for Koeman was madness, something that was demonstrated by their next two hires which came from those respective boxes. And then they have the unbelievable good fortune to land Ancelotti. I think he was eager to have a shot at English football again, where top football men all over the planet are lured by the prospect of being dictators in contrast to the continent where they are strictly coaches with no input into transfer or academy policy. Had Arsenal not been eager to take their chances with the "unproven" box having tried the "proven" box to replace Wenger I have no doubt Ancelotti would have ended up there. But Arsenal were determined to deny Liverpool fans the chance to say 'where's the Arteta money, Bill?' (© Dave Usher) and Ancelotti had nowhere else to go so he thought yeah, why not? It took him 18 months to learn why not, and now they'll surely never get a name as big as him as long as their owner(s) are not willing to spend Abramovich/Mansour money. It's all too beautiful.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

A few of them still believe the lad I worked with getting in a taxi at Lime Street one night and telling the taxi driver that Kenwright turned down PSGs owners before they bought them.

Someone on here said they overheard a bus driver talking to his mate about Everton saying "I heard a rumour that Kenwright turned down PSG's owners because he wanted to remain in charge, fucking knobhead"

Brilliant post one of the best on here I'm laughing my bollocks off now , we could do with a few more of these regarding the new manager 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

terryefc

terryefc

To be involved in discussions, the topic would have to have been 'mooted' wouldn't it? Otherwise what are you discussing?

56 minutes ago, deiseach said:

A few days on and I'd like to offer a considered opinion...losing Ancelotti is an absolute catastrophe for the Bloos. I remember saying when they gave Red Ronnie the bullet that they'd come to regret it. There are not many figures of the stature of Koeman out there, someone who makes you feel good about your club even when things are not going according to plan. Everton usually have to root around in the boxes marked "unproven" or "proven to be a cunt" when they are looking for a manager, so that they thought they were too good for Koeman was madness, something that was demonstrated by their next two hires which came from those respective boxes. And then they have the unbelievable good fortune to land Ancelotti. I think he was eager to have a shot at English football again, where top football men all over the planet are lured by the prospect of being dictators in contrast to the continent where they are strictly coaches with no input into transfer or academy policy. Had Arsenal not been eager to take their chances with the "unproven" box having tried the "proven" box to replace Wenger I have no doubt Ancelotti would have ended up there. But Arsenal were determined to deny Liverpool fans the chance to say 'where's the Arteta money, Bill?' (© Dave Usher) and Ancelotti had nowhere else to go so he thought yeah, why not? It took him 18 months to learn why not, and now they'll surely never get a name as big as him as long as their owner(s) are not willing to spend Abramovich/Mansour money. It's all too beautiful.

Agree with all of this, not least about Ancelotti being a far more sensible choice for Arsenal than Arteta was (and Arsenal being a far more sensible option for him too). 
In my lifetime, Everton went for a long time making sensible - or at least explicable - choices of manager. Colin Harvey was already an insider and renowned coach, Kendall was a hero. Mike Walker was doing wonders with Norwich, Walter Smith had bossed it in Scotland, and Moyes was a promising Championship manager. Bobby Brownshoes had continually overachieved with Wigan, Red Ron had won plenty abroad and was proven in the Prem. 

But it wasn’t just the choice of managers that added up, the decisions to change managers seemed to make sense too, and the club seemed to have a plan or at least a planned direction when they were looking for a new boss. 
Koeman’s sacking is where that seemed to change. They were not in danger of relegation, but they panicked and sacked him. They made a big show of wanting Silva, then failed to get him. They openly wanted Allardyce only as a glorified caretaker, and when Fat Sam had too much dignity for that (yes, I know...) they folded and handed him an 18-month deal. They spent six months chasing Silva, but panicked the moment he hit a sticky patch. 
It was dumb luck that Ancelotti became available, and fair shits to them for landing him. But “I hope that one of the most successful managers in football history becomes available, for £11million a year, a job for his son, and zero compensation if he leaves with no notice,” is not a reliable plan. 
The Ev have continually got it so wrong when they’ve had time to pick and choose their manager that it’s hard to see them cracking it now that they’re on the back foot. The names being bandied around are so disparate that there clearly is no plan. Nobody targets Conte but has Eddie Howe as a Plan B; if it’s a choice of Nuno and Howe then there’s no benefit in delaying before losing half the transfer window whilst fannying around; and if it really is Big Dunc then they really don’t have to delay the announcement until my birthday as a special treat. 
It’s impossible to say who they’ll get in now, but at least there are some guarantees. The majority of the fanbase won’t be happy whoever it is, they’ll waste a load of money, and will be gone within two years after making little to no progress.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

One of my favourite pastimes is telling taxi drivers random rumours.

Last time I was up I spun a yarn about Uncle Uzzy being on the KGB watchlist and they need to maintain being avarage so they don't annoy Abromovic as he's getting worried about his standing in British football for when the Ev really slap the money on the table. This could present delicate geopolitical moves, which the Ev were central to.

As always, hook, line etc.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Duncan Ferguson, 49, has turned down a job on Carlo Ancelotti's coaching staff at Real Madrid because he wants to become Everton boss , This is on the the BBC gossip page from the rag .

Of course he hasn't 

There's loads of ways to take the piss out of the bloos without needing a helping hand from the rag. 

• Upvote 1

windymiller

windymiller

Player Valuation: £30m

I'd have Gerrard, he's a winner, not really follow scottish football much, but he's done a good job there. Gerrard to me is a better shout than who we are linked with at mo
Two different approaches, both equally transparent.

Their delusion is off the scale.  2 chances of Stevie G managing those bitter twats - fuck all and even less.

Comical reading though, despite being accurate.

• Upvote 1