You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

They should focus on consistently finishing comfortably top half before they get any big ideas about 'reclaiming their rightful place'.

Their average finishing position since 2000 is 9th.

And of course they have won fuck all in that period or for 5 clear years before that.

The least succesful 'big club' in the fucking world.

I’m also a bit bemused as to why they consider themselves part of the traditional big five. They’ve certainly not been one of the most successful clubs over the last 30 years - you have to wonder when this tradition applies to. 
If they’re going back to the first years of the Football League then that’s groovy - in the first decade of the Football League they finished in the top five on seven occasions and won the league once. Of course, that also means that the traditional ‘big five’ are Preston, Villa, Sunderland and Wolves. What a selection! Somebody get Juventus on the line, because there’s your selection of who should join the European Super League. 

40 minutes ago, Ron B said:

I’m also a bit bemused as to why they consider themselves part of the traditional big five. They’ve certainly not been one of the most successful clubs over the last 30 years - you have to wonder when this tradition applies to. 
If they’re going back to the first years of the Football League then that’s groovy - in the first decade of the Football League they finished in the top five on seven occasions and won the league once. Of course, that also means that the traditional ‘big five’ are Preston, Villa, Sunderland and Wolves. What a selection! Somebody get Juventus on the line, because there’s your selection of who should join the European Super League. 

They have just created the myth that they are a footballing institution because they were one of the founding members of the football league. All the others don't bleat on about it like they do and have every minor achievement plastered all over the ground. 

Everton just have this sense of entitlement because they believe that them leaving Anfield formed us and as a result of our success they should be held in equal or higher esteem because they were around a few years before us.

They also seem to have an encyclopedic knowledge of these events even though they happened over 120 years ago and mention it when they run out of Heysel material or LFC running down the Anfield area.

Also they make out that they were a massive superpower before Shamkly arrived when they had the same amount of league titles as us and had been relegated. They were only one FA Cup ahead of us. They played in Europe for two seasons before us but went out in the first round both times. Glad they keep to tradition.

51 minutes ago, Ron B said:

To be fair to them on that one, they were part of the 5 clubs pushing for the move across to the premier league when all that was going on. Shame for them is once it happened they slipped away

I remember meeting my first Evertonian, I was about 9 or 10. I don't think I knew the lad well, he was a couple years older. I asked him who he supported and he said 'the best'. It continued. 

Liverpool? No. Arsenal? No. Manchester United? No. Nottingham Forest? No. Spurs? No. West ham? No. Chelsea? No. Errrr QPR? No. Coventry? No. Who else is there, Villa? No. Ummm Everton? Yes, that's right Everton, the best. 

• Upvote 1

When we hadn't won the league for 30 years, they never tired of telling us we weren't a big club any more, even though we won various other trophies, not least Numbers 5 and 6, but also the treble in 2001, and the FA Cup in 2006. Meanwhile they've won absolutely nothing in 26 years and counting, so the same tag that they attempted to put on us automatically applies to them.

Except, errr... 'would've won' counts the same as actually won, doesn't it? Silly me. Please ignore the above. As you were.

1 minute ago, Chocoholic said:

When we hadn't won the league for 30 years, they never tired of telling us we weren't a big club any more, even though we won various other trophies, not least Numbers 5 and 6, but also the treble in 2001, and the FA Cup in 2006. Meanwhile they've won absolutely nothing in 26 years and counting, so the same tag that they attempted to put on us automatically applies to them.

Except, errr... 'would've won' counts the same as actually won, doesn't it? Silly me. Please ignore the above. As you were.

I posted the other day

We were finished, not a big club in them 30 years

2 European Cups

1 Uefa Cup

3 FA Cups

4 League Cups 

1 Super Cup

3 More trophies than they have won in 75 years

9 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

It's moved on from "you haven't won the Premier League" to "all that money and you've only won the same amount of PL titles as Blackburn and Leicester"

It is all a defence mechanism to try and cope with living in our shadow.

They have to live with us bearing the name of the city, being one of the most succesful clubs in the world, dominating them year after year and being internationally renowned all whilst they are just dead mediocre - averaging finishing position since 2000 of 9th and won fuck for 26 years ...it fucking kills them, so they come out with all the shite they do to try and mask their pain.

It gets worse every passing year and they resort to more and more of it and it gets more ridiculous as the pain gets worse and goes on longer.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, an tha said:

It is all a defence mechanism to try and cope with living in our shadow.

They have to live with us bearing the name of the city, being one of the most succesful clubs in the world, dominating them year after year and being internationally renowned all whilst they are just dead mediocre - averaging finishing position since 2000 of 9th and won fuck for 26 years ...it fucking kills them, so they come out with all the shite they do try and mask their pain.

It gets worse every passing year and they resort to more and more of it and it gets more ridiculous as the pain gets worse and goes on longer.

This in full.  I saw that twat Colin Rice on Twitter the other night trying to deride Klopp's record with us.  Something about only winning one or two trophies in 6 years.  "6 years but".

Complete fucking fruit loop.

Look at what we've spent compared to they have and we've won everything worth winning in less than 2 years.

The green eyed monster hard at work for sure.

5 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

This in full.  I saw that twat Colin Rice on Twitter the other night trying to deride Klopp's record with us.  Something about only winning one or two trophies in 6 years.  "6 years but".

Look at what we've spent compared to they have and we've won everything worth winning in less than 2 years.

I find it hilarious and the beauty is the longer ot goes on the funnier it gets as they come up with increasingly laughable shite to try (and fail) to cope.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scudger99 said:

That would be the two biggest club trophies, not to mention FIFA World Club Championship and European Super Cup. They really are fucking nutters.

Still, they can still celebrate the 'won for the 1st time in 20  years at Anfield' trophy, eh>

• Upvote 2

Forum on preferred managers going on. More votes to Conte who turned down managing Spurs in their state of the art stadium because he didn't believe in a winning project but he will choose Everton and manage them in their state of the art wood shed..

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/new-manager-poll-reset.112737/page-500

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I had to laugh at how they’ve suddenly switched to Conte and are completely ignoring reality.

Enjoyed this post. BIGGER THAN PALACE. Get it on the Woodison wraparound.

gorgeousgeorgeEFC

Player Valuation: £15m
He’s been talking to Palace before us, so maybe he’s been weighing up his options?
He wouldn’t consider Palace with us in the running. Small fan-base, small ground, small budget, small trophy haul, small club. That would be lunacy. Spurs, however...

Bkk Andy goes on-line June 5th, 2021. Bitter decisions are removed from strategic thinking. Bkk Andy begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 3.24 a.m. GMT, June 6th.

Bkk Andy

Player Valuation: £1.5m
On that basis Leicester is bigger than us, Spurs and Arsenal
Spurs had a recent champions league final and have been regulars in Europe. Arsenal have been poor in the league but have won cups recently. We've won...no, we've played in...no, we've... Any good young player who wants the opportunity to play in Europe and develop their games would be foolish to choose us over Leicester right now. And that's a big part of our problem. We think we're important but we're not. We need to realise our position and build to improve it. We can't build for the future whilst we continue looking back and clinging to the past.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 04/06/2021 at 11:27, Red74 said:

Big Sams Undies

Big Sams Undies

Player Valuation: £6m
What would the Everton board do…

1) Spend a year chasing a lame duck named Marco Silva, blatantly tapping him up via the media before sacking the muppet once they got him.

2) Appoint fat Ronk purely due to his career as a player in the bizarre belief that it would increase our reputation.

3) Appoint Steve Walsh and let him go sick buying numbers 10s and absolute dead heads.

4) Blowing £500m in 4 years on dog turd players.

5) Let a DOF actually pay money to bring in Iwobi and Delph.

6) Give every failure and wrong-un a job because they happen to be a former player.

7) Project Kirkby.

8) Kings dock.

9) Lick Jim Whites bum hole for attention and come out with nonsense about Lukaku leaving due to voodoo.

10) Being had off by a bloke in a Manchester bedsit that he was wedged.

Yeah we’re a superb example for other clubs to follow… If they’d like to go go tits up.

Oh and 11) Fire up the Bat Signal for Fat Sam to ride in on his structurally reinforced horse to save us from a relegation that was never a threat

• Upvote 4

No sniggering at the back.

terryefc

terryefc

Player Valuation: £750k
I think he's alluding to - it ain't what you do its the way that you do it.
Like it or not - there is a certain class and style about our club. 
It doesn't always help us - but as they say - it takes a lifetime to earn a reputation - but seconds to lose it.
That Euro Super League would not have even been mooted if we had been involved in discussions.
There's not many clubs that are just 'proper'. And we are.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

That would be the two biggest club trophies, not to mention FIFA World Club Championship and European Super Cup. They really are fucking nutters.

Still, they can still celebrate the 'won for the 1st time in 20  years at Anfield' trophy, eh>

And the 'We stopped the redshite winning the league by injuring their players' trophy. They still finished seven places below but it was a worthwhile sacrifice.

• Upvote 1