You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

That racism post from Stig is just bizarre.

Not Stig, the blooooooo. Why would somebody could get upset about something no football club should be proud of, over 30 years ago. 

Unfortunately, throwing a banana at highest profile black player in the country (Europe?) at the time isn’t a good look. 

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

That racism post from Stig is just bizarre.

Not Stig, the blooooooo. Why would somebody could get upset about something no football club should be proud of, over 30 years ago. 

Unfortunately, throwing a banana at highest profile black player in the country (Europe?) at the time isn’t a good look. 

Gobshites mate. 

BA560E1E-1D5E-414E-ABF1-3EB0D37539B6.thu

You would thing that doing the complete opposite of what their board does would be the better option. 

Running at a loss, flung half a billion on shit players, finished 10th, gone through 5 managers in as many years and those sacked have all gone on to better things. 

Bill isn't half full of shit. 

1 hour ago, Poster said:

BA560E1E-1D5E-414E-ABF1-3EB0D37539B6.thu

You would thing that doing the complete opposite of what their board does would be the better option. 

Running at a loss, flung half a billion on shit players, finished 10th, gone through 5 managers in as many years and those sacked have all gone on to better things. 

Bill isn't half full of shit. 

Was it Schalke, aka the German Everton? No matter how much their bitterest rivals Dortmund fuck things up, Schalke always manage to go one better.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Check out the very last paragraph..... do they just make things up on the spot? 

dead_soft

Player Valuation: £40m
Well this is irrelevant to this thread and excuse me for that but it is always bothering me when I only see one side of the coin in this topic of racism. Why is anyone relating racism with our club in the late 80s and early 90s when there were national front and white pride graffities in the kop stand?
Let's also see how Everton corelates with the Irish refugees earlier in time, in contrast with lfc. What the board's stand was and which of the two teams had more Irish refugee supporters? It was us. Which team had fans stabbed by Rangers fans calling them "f-in' fenians"? It was us. Decades of racism in England were a general phenomeonon that existed in almost every team. Do some people here really know our history or are they just clinging on the things that kopites, the supporters that just some years ago defended a racist biting player, say about us?

It is irrelevant to this thread and we shouldn't try and do a 'but what about them?' when talking about shameful parts of our history. They may well have their own stuff but that's for them to deal with and not face up to. We shouldn't be trying a 'but everyone was bad' or 'well actually we had bad happen to us'. Was shameful, should be faced up to. That's the end of it.

Dixie_Toffee

Dixie_Toffee

Player Valuation: £25k
I am not here to start trying to erase parts of the club's history or anything. What I am saying is that it is somewhat crazy to categorize a club as racist, in a period of time when its attendances varied between 40.000 and 78.000 because of a loud minority on the stands, while other teams had similar loud minorities. You could say that Everton became the media scapegoat for racism in the stands at some point, because only a really small percentage of those numbers had those views. You can also blame the board policy on the matter and that is fair, because if the board didn't point to a different direction soon enough, then the minority surely was encouraged.

I'm not denying anything, my point is that you can't name a club racist or anti-racist when you are talking about a mixed crowd of 40.000 to 78.000 people. You could surely say that there is a racist or anti-racist faction in the stands but talking about "racist clubs" in that way is somewhat illogical. It's plain numbers that translate to social relationships, and we should do the math by counting how many people were also against all that...

Some food for thought about our current club's PR and marketing department. There were many lfc racist incidents in the past and they were all over the internet but you can't find some of them any more because lfc has requested them to be removed from search engines as part of their marketing policy I guess... Should our club do the same?

Didnt Les Ferdinand brand the pit to be the most racist ground he played at? Oh, it was full of reds the day of that game for some unknown reason and not our lovable blue neighbours!

Yes, they do make it up to suit or rather to deflect attention away from themselves. Im surprised that catcher in the rye hasnt chipped in with his 'Liverpool have never signed a catholic' shit. How does he cover up bananas being chucked at JB and 'everton are white, hello!' and the other disgusting chant we all heard in derbies.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I honestly don't know how evertonians would react to actually becoming successful, they seem to draw their identity from being underdogs to us. 

They’d be like City fans absolutely horrible winners who can’t cope being in the spotlight.   The rest of the country would start to see them for the weird cunts they are too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Didnt Les Ferdinand brand the pit to be the most racist ground he played at? Oh, it was full of reds the day of that game for some unknown reason and not our lovable blue neighbours!

Yes, they do make it up to suit or rather to deflect attention away from themselves. Im surprised that catcher in the rye hasnt chipped in with his 'Liverpool have never signed a catholic' shit. How does he cover up bananas being chucked at JB and 'everton are white, hello!' and the other disgusting chant we all heard in derbies.

Didn’t that whopper try to say we called Barnes Digger because of the rhyming nature of the word rather than after the Dallas character. The tit

9 minutes ago, belarus said:

Didn’t that whopper try to say we called Barnes Digger because of the rhyming nature of the word rather than after the Dallas character. The tit

That's definitely the most laughable thing he's ever come out with. Anyone around at the time and living in the city knew that. 

Just goes to show he is not from County Road and has no fucking idea about anything. Just like that John Merro twat.

8 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I go on Skyscraper city every so often. One "insider" who has been involved in the project has been saying every week since February that "work is starting onsite next week". 

The Equivalent of a pub putting a free beer tomorrow sign up 

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Check out the very last paragraph..... do they just make things up on the spot? 

dead_soft

Player Valuation: £40m
Well this is irrelevant to this thread and excuse me for that but it is always bothering me when I only see one side of the coin in this topic of racism. Why is anyone relating racism with our club in the late 80s and early 90s when there were national front and white pride graffities in the kop stand?
Let's also see how Everton corelates with the Irish refugees earlier in time, in contrast with lfc. What the board's stand was and which of the two teams had more Irish refugee supporters? It was us. Which team had fans stabbed by Rangers fans calling them "f-in' fenians"? It was us. Decades of racism in England were a general phenomeonon that existed in almost every team. Do some people here really know our history or are they just clinging on the things that kopites, the supporters that just some years ago defended a racist biting player, say about us?

It is irrelevant to this thread and we shouldn't try and do a 'but what about them?' when talking about shameful parts of our history. They may well have their own stuff but that's for them to deal with and not face up to. We shouldn't be trying a 'but everyone was bad' or 'well actually we had bad happen to us'. Was shameful, should be faced up to. That's the end of it.

Dixie_Toffee

Dixie_Toffee

Player Valuation: £25k
I am not here to start trying to erase parts of the club's history or anything. What I am saying is that it is somewhat crazy to categorize a club as racist, in a period of time when its attendances varied between 40.000 and 78.000 because of a loud minority on the stands, while other teams had similar loud minorities. You could say that Everton became the media scapegoat for racism in the stands at some point, because only a really small percentage of those numbers had those views. You can also blame the board policy on the matter and that is fair, because if the board didn't point to a different direction soon enough, then the minority surely was encouraged.

I'm not denying anything, my point is that you can't name a club racist or anti-racist when you are talking about a mixed crowd of 40.000 to 78.000 people. You could surely say that there is a racist or anti-racist faction in the stands but talking about "racist clubs" in that way is somewhat illogical. It's plain numbers that translate to social relationships, and we should do the math by counting how many people were also against all that...

Some food for thought about our current club's PR and marketing department. There were many lfc racist incidents in the past and they were all over the internet but you can't find some of them any more because lfc has requested them to be removed from search engines as part of their marketing policy I guess... Should our club do the same?

Wow!

Just. Fucking.  Wow!

36 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

That's definitely the most laughable thing he's ever come out with. Anyone around at the time and living in the city knew that. 

Just goes to show he is not from County Road and has no fucking idea about anything. Just like that John Merro twat.

It’s that whole mentality they carry as a fan base of a 4 or 5 year old. Say things they want to be the case, get approval over it, feel good, ignore that it isn’t true. I remember doing it when I was about 6 or 7 - retelling my dad’s stories about his dog he had as a kid as my own and my mates all buzzing off it. We didn’t even have a dog. That’s them lot to a tee.

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Andrea Pirlo and ex-Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri are both contenders for the Everton job, with the former supposedly in talks with owner Farhad Moshiri.

200.gif

Sarri? Goodison would get burnt to the ground!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sir roger said:

I love the 'Fiver' email from the Guardian and their description of Carlo's departure is brilliant.

' All that is left is a whiff of expensive cologne , a vague sense of regret and Josh King '

Who’s just been released on a free