You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

One of the things I keep hearing from the Bitters, on social media & phone ins, is that they all want someone who ‘gets the Club’. What the fuck does that even mean? Someone with an irrational hatred of all things red? A loser? The fucking beauts 

Ha ha, they love dealing in unquantifiables. "If you don't get it, you never will" is another classic they like to trot out.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

One of the things I keep hearing from the Bitters, on social media & phone ins, is that they all want someone who ‘gets the Club’. What the fuck does that even mean? Someone with an irrational hatred of all things red? A loser? The fucking beauts 

Heard plenty of Reds down the years trot out this bollocks too.  I think what all fans really want is success on the pitch. Blues usp is their fixation on the neighbours . Quite frankly I don't hate all things Everton, I have too many family and  close friends who support Ev to do that, but what I do hate is how toxic it has all become.  Reds aren't blameless in all this but in the main I would say Liverpool fans don't pay that close attention to every tiny event that goes on across the park whilst Blues are fixated with everything LFC and many take it far too seriously. Jib off footie if it drives you to irrational hatred and don't let moneyball define who you are would be me advice .    

• Upvote 5

They want instant success and to be able to laud it over us. Before city were financially doped they were a little less rabid. Having watched a team much worse than them become the darlings of the footballing world (cheating twats) they want that and desperately. 

Moshiri was apparently that, rich aren't we? Usimov was that, rich aren't we? Each manager they have can only do so much with what he has available. It simply isn't the managers they've had as most have gone on to some decent success. 

Moyes lasted so long and might still have been there as he fuelled the blue and hatred towards us, one reason I think he's a prick and his threat to slap a female interviewer another good reason to think that, no matter if he wasn't being serious. 

Many reds often say that they need a year or twenty in the championship to calibrate their expectations. appoint a decent manager, we can always hope. 

20 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Heard plenty of Reds down the years trot out this bollocks too.  I think what all fans really want is success on the pitch. Blues usp is their fixation on the neighbours . Quite frankly I don't hate all things Everton, I have too many family and  close friends who support Ev to do that, but what I do hate is how toxic it has all become.  Reds aren't blameless in all this but in the main I would say Liverpool fans don't pay that close attention to every tiny event that goes on across the park whilst Blues are fixated with everything LFC and many take it far too seriously. Jib off footie if it drives you to irrational hatred and don't let moneyball define who you are would be me advice .    

Yeah but look at the contrast between for example Jurgen Klopp and the owl..... I'd say Klopp "got us" whereas Hodgson definitely didn't. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah but look at the contrast between for example Jurgen Klopp and the owl..... I'd say Klopp "got us" whereas Hodgson definitely didn't. 

Klopp wins things and brought in great footballers . The Owl struggled to dress himself in the mornings and lost to Blackpool at home ,then he thought the answer was to buy Charlie Adam.  If "getting us" means silverware and not losing at home to Blackpool then I get it mate.  

4 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Wanting a manager who sounds like a supporter isn't exclusive to Everton. I'd say the vast majority of fans would like that. If you can couple that with success (as we have been fortunate to do with Klopp), then even better.

You dont have to necessarily sound like a supporter,just understand a club's history. No trophies in the last 30 years means every Everton managerial appointment since has 'got them.'

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Klopp wins things and brought in great footballers . The Owl struggled to dress himself in the mornings and lost to Blackpool at home ,then he thought the answer was to buy Charlie Adam.  If "getting us" means silverware and not losing at home to Blackpool then I get it mate.  

In Klopps first interview he said he understood the city, the fans and the passion for their club and we were a special option for him, he'd turned down other opportunities. The owl just came in and started sucking taggarts dick in every interview. 

Hodgson wasn't appointed for footballing reasons though. He wasn't expected to win trophies - he was expected to bring a steady hand whilst the club was sold. 

And it was Kenny who bought Adam. He tried in January and went back in the summer. Rafa was loved and he is a totally different person to Klopp. 

• Upvote 1

They need a manager to tell it like it is, you’re and never have been a giant of English football, you’re an under achieving over spending mid table nothing club with aspirations. Start from there, achieve something, build on it and get some credibility. Not four wins and you’re Brazil 1970.

6 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Hodgson wasn't appointed for footballing reasons though. He wasn't expected to win trophies - he was expected to bring a steady hand whilst the club was sold. 

And it was Kenny who bought Adam. He tried in January and went back in the summer. Rafa was loved and he is a totally different person to Klopp. 

Any manager appointed by Liverpool football club since Shankly walked through the door in 1959 is expected to win trophies. Thats the expectations of this football club and anyone who doesn't see that, doesn't "get us". 

They need to forget about us, take no notice of what we're doing and adopt a 3-5 year plan to slowly build up a successful side by buying and improving players in their early twenties (avoiding raw talent and ageing players on the way down). They always fall flat on their faces because competing with us means running before they're walking. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, aws said:

They need to forget about us, take no notice of what we're doing and adopt a 3-5 year plan to slowly build up a successful side by buying and improving players in their early twenties (avoiding raw talent and ageing players on the way down). They always fall flat on their faces because competing with us means running before they're walking. 

Evertonians:

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Rumours that Ancelotti wants Richarlison with him at Real Madrid. If he pays anything over 30 million for the useless petulant shitbag then thats a nice parting gift. He's fucking shit. 

Weren't Barcelona ready with an £85m bid about 2 years ago but they turned it down?.

Or was it just because they ran out of Bramley Moore updates?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Rumours that Ancelotti wants Richarlison with him at Real Madrid. If he pays anything over 30 million for the useless petulant shitbag then thats a nice parting gift. He's fucking shit. 

From the echo?

19 hours ago, Anubis said:

Moyes may be personable in private situations, but he’s really a Grade A gobshite who did as much, if not the most, of anyone at a Everton to stoke the flames of hatred and misplaced injustice in their little orc heads. Whether it was the people’s club comment, blood on the streets if the PL followed their own rules and we defended the CL, or just the general snide comments always coming our way. Fuck the little Gollum-like shitweasel.

To be fair shanks started the whole people's club thing. 

10 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Convincing themselves Digne  is a proper blue and one of them cause he's stopped following Ancelotti on twitter or Instagram. 

Like that no mark wouldn't be off if a big club come sniffing 

He's exbarca isn't he. And knows they're skint. He's probably hoping he can do something that makes them invoke their buy back clause. 

8 hours ago, Jockey said:

They never had the fucking Barcelona manager! FFS - he was the Southampton manager when he ended up at them. If your 18 year old girlfriend dumps you and then 10 years later becomes a Hollywood star - you don't get to say 'I dated a movie star, it didn't work out for me'.  

Their delusion is off the fucking scale. They are the fat, balding, middle-manager dressed in skinny jeans and loud Armani T-shirts turning their nose up at the attractive divorcee - because she is a bit too old! Nuno has done a far better job than any of their managers since Moyes - that is a fact. 

Well my mate used to shag Melanie Chisholm before there was a spice girls. It's never stopped him saying he fucked a spice girl though! 

1 hour ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Maybe they just want want fat Sam back. He got them. A small club who's fans expectations are beyond the capabilities of the club. 

39 minutes ago, magicrat said:

So I do agree with the idea results matter. But you need to start from a point to be given a chance. Hodgson fucked our fans off the day he walked in and never recovered. Maybe if he'd won loads, he'd have got passed that and it would have been hailed as making us "wake up" or whatever. But he didn't get the results right. So our impression of him is he's an owl faced cunt, who was fucking shit at football management and most definitely didn't get us.