You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Silly bastard walks right past his recycling bin to break that glass. He could have saved himself a sweeping up job later by just lashing it in there.

Or just fucking growing up and not bothering, not that it’s my business you see.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Ah, now we know why Ancelotti jumped ship. Catcher had come to a fork in the road and was unlikely to continue to support him. nobody can recover from that.

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
James will probably want to go, but then I wasn't really convinced he was going to stay anyway. Allan might be a bit miffed but I can't see him kicking up a fuss, and from what I've seen of him we are very much his level at this point in his career, he ain't slumming it here. Doucoure would have walked over broken glass to come here the season before we signed him, and again, he is absolutely not getting a better gig than this so would have no reason to go. I repeatedly said I didn't want Ancelotti to be sacked but I won't lie I feel like this is a massive bullet dodged and the opportunity to get back on track. Whether we'll make the right appointment to do that is anyone's guess, but I had no faith whatsoever that we were going anywhere under Ancelotti. He wasn't a good fit at all, and I think the best we could have hoped for was a similar season next year where we just clung on to Europe instead of falling away. There was no chance of lasting success going about things the way he did.

Yes I share a lot of those views. I have been very defensive of Ancelotti, partly because I think the points he's got are better than the league position but partly because in general I think we turn on managers a bit quickly and I am in favour of giving people time. But the doubts certainly started to creep in for me.

I kind of felt we had got to a bit of a fork in the road. One way was the way Ancelotti wanted to go, the other was the way the club probably needs to go if it wants to move in a sustainable direction. I don't think there was anyone in the club who was able/prepared to stand up to Ancelotti and say no, and the concern was that we may have gone further down a rabbit hole.

There is a chance of a re-set now, and the positive is it's not a re-set in mid season with us in or around the relegation zone which leads to a short termism. We finished 30 points above 18th (twice as high) last season so to me there is no excuse for a pragmatic choice of coach. I understand the criticism of Brands, but this has to be his moment to stamp his authority on the club as to what we want to do moving forward. Selecting a coach that fits that brief becomes important.

I think overall we are all a bit guilty of a bit of an old fashioned outlook, that getting the biggest name manager is how you turn a club around. What you really need is a good process, a process that makes sense for where you sit and the to be consistent and patient with it.

The alternative was Ancelotti was going to be to gamble again. Gamble on 2 or 3 players who will offer nothing in terms of "sell on" in the hope we could gate crash the top 4.

He reckons they will get 35 mill compo, fuckin loony 

I’d be a worried if Eddie Howe takes over. Any Manager that can take a Club from the bottom of the football league to the Prem in 5 years and keeps them there for 5 years on crowds of 10,000,  all the time playing attractive attacking football, is a little bit special.

he gets the most of nearly every player he works with which is why he had a core of 7/8 players from League 2 still in his Prem side, he has an eye for young talent ( we were linked with the likes of Lewis Cook, Danjama, Brooks, Lerma, Lloyd Kelly etc), and he’ll be around for the long term so can build something.

after 11 years, he eventually got burnt out as most Managers do, but he would be a smart gamble.

• Upvote 2

Just now, JoeBuck01 said:

I’d be a worried if Eddie Howe takes over. Any Manager that can take a Club from the bottom of the football league to the Prem in 5 years and keeps them there for 5 years on crowds of 10,000,  all the time playing attractive attacking football, is a little bit special.

he gets the most of nearly every player he works with which is why he had a core of 7/8 players from League 2 still in his Prem side, he has an eye for young talent ( we were linked with the likes of Lewis Cook, Danjama, Brooks, Lerma, Lloyd Kelly etc), and he’ll be around for the long term so can build something.

after 11 years, he eventually got burnt out as most Managers do, but he would be a smart gamble.

I think he's their best bet as well. You can understand being underwhelmed after having Ancelotti but I can see Howe building something decent there. By decent I mean regular 7th/8th with the odd jaunt into the top 6. 

The thing about all this that The Evertonians are glossing over is the outrage from them and Carlo in particular over the ESL fiasco, and the high horse they climbed on. I'm sure Ancellotti said on several occasions about how bad and unfair it all was and he could never support it. Fast forward a couple of weeks and he jumps ship to the club who created it and are still openly supporting it. 

Its wonderful to see.

On 25/05/2021 at 22:16, Pete said:
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Ah, now we know why Ancelotti jumped ship. Catcher had come to a fork in the road and was unlikely to continue to support him. nobody can recover from that.

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
James will probably want to go, but then I wasn't really convinced he was going to stay anyway. Allan might be a bit miffed but I can't see him kicking up a fuss, and from what I've seen of him we are very much his level at this point in his career, he ain't slumming it here. Doucoure would have walked over broken glass to come here the season before we signed him, and again, he is absolutely not getting a better gig than this so would have no reason to go. I repeatedly said I didn't want Ancelotti to be sacked but I won't lie I feel like this is a massive bullet dodged and the opportunity to get back on track. Whether we'll make the right appointment to do that is anyone's guess, but I had no faith whatsoever that we were going anywhere under Ancelotti. He wasn't a good fit at all, and I think the best we could have hoped for was a similar season next year where we just clung on to Europe instead of falling away. There was no chance of lasting success going about things the way he did.

Yes I share a lot of those views. I have been very defensive of Ancelotti, partly because I think the points he's got are better than the league position but partly because in general I think we turn on managers a bit quickly and I am in favour of giving people time. But the doubts certainly started to creep in for me.

I kind of felt we had got to a bit of a fork in the road. One way was the way Ancelotti wanted to go, the other was the way the club probably needs to go if it wants to move in a sustainable direction. I don't think there was anyone in the club who was able/prepared to stand up to Ancelotti and say no, and the concern was that we may have gone further down a rabbit hole.

There is a chance of a re-set now, and the positive is it's not a re-set in mid season with us in or around the relegation zone which leads to a short termism. We finished 30 points above 18th (twice as high) last season so to me there is no excuse for a pragmatic choice of coach. I understand the criticism of Brands, but this has to be his moment to stamp his authority on the club as to what we want to do moving forward. Selecting a coach that fits that brief becomes important.

I think overall we are all a bit guilty of a bit of an old fashioned outlook, that getting the biggest name manager is how you turn a club around. What you really need is a good process, a process that makes sense for where you sit and the to be consistent and patient with it.

The alternative was Ancelotti was going to be to gamble again. Gamble on 2 or 3 players who will offer nothing in terms of "sell on" in the hope we could gate crash the top 4.

He is such a pretentious little wanker isn't he? You can imagine him nodding sagely at various posts 'hmmm yes, yes - good point' 

"Yes I share a lot of those views. I have been very defensive of Ancelotti, partly because I think the points he's got are better than the league position but partly because in general I think we turn on managers a bit quickly and I am in favour of giving people time. But the doubts certainly started to creep in for me." 

I mean, what the fuck does any of that mean? I think we turn on our managers too quickly, but Ancelotti was always the wrong choice. That's it. Basically, his whole point. Illogical bollocks for 18 months. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoeBuck01 said:

Wouldnt worry about Howe too much. He's good at getting championship players playing above their level for a bit. He's also very good at paying large amounts on iffy Liverpool reserves.

I like the guy but he will find the egos/wages/transfer fees of a club like Everton alien to him. 

Its looking like it will be Nuno- he will improve them for sure   

50 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Won’t like him anymore

It would suck because I do like him but that job has become a lucrative stop off. I still like Koeman and Ancelotti - Martinez has a sweet gig.

Nuno could do 12 months time and end up as the Portugal manager. 

34 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

They’re undoubtedly the funniest football club in the land. We’re actually blessed to have them as city rivals and have them hate the RS so much it physically hurts them, especially when we’re successful and they’re constantly imploding. The small time twats. 

Long live the Ev.  

Seconded.

4 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Remember similar was said eighteen months ago. Head only got reattached yesterday.

Very true. Nuno looks like he has a hunger to improve and to win. Ancellotti just looked a bit out of place 

25 minutes ago, Jockey said:

He is such a pretentious little wanker isn't he? You can imagine him nodding sagely at various posts 'hmmm yes, yes - good point' 

"Yes I share a lot of those views. I have been very defensive of Ancelotti, partly because I think the points he's got are better than the league position but partly because in general I think we turn on managers a bit quickly and I am in favour of giving people time. But the doubts certainly started to creep in for me." 

I mean, what the fuck does any of that mean? I think we turn on our managers too quickly, but Ancelotti was always the wrong choice. That's it. Basically, his whole point. Illogical bollocks for 18 months. 

Hes just a bad nonce mate. 

2 hours ago, JoeBuck01 said:

I’d be a worried if Eddie Howe takes over.

Fortunately for us as we made a fortune 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Very true. Nuno looks like he has a hunger to improve and to win. Ancellotti just looked a bit out of place 

Hmmm, not sure about Nuno. Team looked good at first and gave us a game, slipped badly now. Perfect match for the shite, I'm in.

They weren't that much different. 

Carlo hated the idea of the Super League so much he slagged it off then joined the club who created it and pushed it for their own self interests.

Evertonians hated the idea of football while people were dying of Covid and were the ones who opposed it most. That was until they started winning games and were top of the league then they conveniently forgot about it. 

They also laughed at Watford fans kicking off about Everton poaching Marco Silva but now are fuming that Carlo has fucked them off for a bigger club. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

They’re undoubtedly the funniest football club in the land. We’re actually blessed to have them as city rivals and have them hate the RS so much it physically hurts them, especially when we’re successful and they’re constantly imploding. The small time twats. 

Long live the Ev.  

They are pure parody.

No matter what jokes we make up about them, their real life actions are genuinely funnier. 

See The Cuckoo Clock. If there wasn’t a video of that, nobody would believe it’s real. 

We’re the club with the most injury time winners in Premiership history and about half of those have come v The Ev. And we were denied a ridiculous one in October. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They weren't that much different. 

Carlo hated the idea of the Super League so much he slagged it off then joined the club who created it and pushed it for their own self interests.

Evertonians hated the idea of football while people were dying of Covid and were the ones who opposed it most. That was until they started winning games and were top of the league then they conveniently forgot about it. 

They also laughed at Watford fans kicking off about Everton poaching Marco Silva but now are fuming that Carlo has fucked them off for a bigger club. 

Great post this.

• Like 1