You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I could get on board with this once but the problem is they're not really funny anymore. Unless by 'funny' you mean myopic, lying, nasty little scumbags who would happily see people hurt as long as they could get some tenuous blame attached to Liverpool FC. The amount of incendiary bile that gets spouted by the classy, Corinthian minded bloos would lead to arrests if it was directed at any other sections of society. Fuck them, outside of their own little warped minds nobody would give a flying fuck if they disappeared tomorrow.

This. Sorry out of +ve.

Absolutely agree. There was always a bit of banter between fans. I remember chanting 'Merseyside, Merseyside!' In Rome in 84. Back in 2012, I let my lad have my ticket for the semi at Wembley and arranged for him to go down on the coaches.

Got to Childwell 5 Ways and of course it's mayhem so I asked a lad which coach was which. 'Dont fucking care' came the reply, 'if he's a red just fucking make sure he isnt on our coach.' Fucking shithead, Id have decked him if Id been younger.

The utter bile from that lot is just too much for words. I fucking hope they do go down and go bankrupt. It'll be fun listening to them trying to blame us for that as well.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

This. Sorry out of +ve.

Absolutely agree. There was always a bit of banter between fans. I remember chanting 'Merseyside, Merseyside!' In Rome in 84. Back in 2012, I let my lad have my ticket for the semi at Wembley and arranged for him to go down on the coaches.

Got to Childwell 5 Ways and of course it's mayhem so I asked a lad which coach was which. 'Dont fucking care' came the reply, 'if he's a red just fucking make sure he isnt on our coach.' Fucking shithead, Id have decked him if Id been younger.

The utter bile from that lot is just too much for words. I fucking hope they do go down and go bankrupt. It'll be fun listening to them trying to blame us for that as well.

I think it also mirrors a nastiness which has slowly permeated our society over the last 40 years, and has certainly come to the fore over the last 5, with an almost constant barrage of hate and division in traditional and social media.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

matty1878

Player Valuation: £70m
Yeah a mixture of COVID and Man City bloodying their noses has put an end to the current anti competitive system - I remember reading UEFA may also start making economic sanctions on clubs that break the rules rather than sporting sanctions i.e. bans on playing in Europe which will likely be to stop future Man City's taking them to court.

I dont trust UEFA to bring something sensible in however at the very minimum I think this current summer will essentially be clubs spending what they want with UEFA looking the other way during the transition period - as you say COVID has hit many leagues hard and even the big super league boys who aint bankrolled need the likes of us and Villa to be throwing money at their squad players.

Personally think if EFC had sense they would chuck a good £150 million at it this summer and go for broke.

I think we will ;)

Oh please make it so!

One of them was crying on GOT about City and Chelsea being able to spend without worry while they’ve been restricted by FFP rules. 

They’ve had unprecedented spending these past 5 years on absolute shite and still moan they never spend any money. 

Apparently another £150 millions gonna need to be spent this summer to make things right.

Watch them celebrate landing the European clubs ageing cast offs again with the promise of doubled wages and the option to play when they want and then wonder where they’ve gone wrong when the December collapse kicks in again. 

The problem with them is they’ve got this unearned arrogance of wanting to be treated like a top club yet act like middle aged cuckolds.

I’ve been told this grounds getting started in July. A few more seasons like the last few and that’ll remain unfinished. The Mosh isn’t getting his money back from these.

Fuck them.

They are in all kinds of trouble and deep down they all know it.

They throw money around at mercenaries like James Rodriguez, who after putting in a shift for about 3 months quickly lost interest and added fuck all for them.

They have spent millions trying to build a team to kick on and got nowhere.

They have a wage bill that as a percentage of their revenue is the highest in league at a frankly unsustainable 80% plus.

They are losing money at alarming rates year after year.

Once again they have no european football to increase revenue, their revenue streams just never really grow - commercial, matchday etc etc see negligible growth/are static at best year after year.

This stadium lark if it ever gets off ground will stretch them to breaking point.

Their squad is full of shite and lacks depth.

They are a badly run football club, throwing money they don't really have around in the hope of hitting on success and all they do is pretty much stand still in every area on and off the park, and the position they stand still in is one of utter mediocrity.

For the money they spend, the risks they take, the losses they are suffering and the financial weakness they are sitting on, they are underachieving massively - it isn't sustainable and the fall from their current mediocrity to being in trouble is one they are balancing on the edge of and is one that when it inevitably happens will see them take an age to recover from.

• Upvote 1

They really need to back Ancelotti to the hilt this summer and let him spend hundreds of millions on whoever his top targets are.  Hopefully, they can be as successful as his biggest signings - Bale and James for Real Madrid and Fernando Torres for Chelsea; he spent £200m on those three, to comical effect.  (Of course, it didn't matter so much for the teams, because they already had winning squads.)

I've said it many times before but it bears repeating, especially as, if we take that tweet at face value (humour me), it seems to infect thinking at the club as well: they consistently mouth off about how X, Y & Z in their squad are hot garbage yet expect to make Coutinho money when selling them on.

43 minutes ago, Anubis said:

It was reported on 25 May that Ancelotti's ex wife died in Italy. The mother of his son who is the assistant manager and his daughter who lives in Crosby with him.

He went back to Italy to sort out her funeral and mourn her death.

I'm sure him and Davide Ancelotti would suddenly take time out of doing this a couple of days later to discuss how much money they can get for the shite players they don't rate. 

No laughing at the back

roydo

roydo

Staff member
Kendall for one forged a great team which contained no ‘star’ players at the outset ( excepting maybe an ageing Gray).

Never ever gets the credit neither. Pound for pound, the best side modern English football has seen.

(Clough broke the bank for Shilton, and Francis). If Howard did spend big to build that side, I missed it.

This whopper claims that Everton suffered the worst injury problems in league last season.

Surely just a flat out lie, or he has arrived at this conclusion with some very creative 'accounting'

https://www.grandoldteam.com/2021/05/29/the-beautiful-and-damned/

I can't find anything definitive on subject with a quick google search, but this article has them dead mid table (a familiar place for the shite) up to March.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9325385/Liverpool-charts-losing-players-injury-illness-days.html