You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

A few signings in the window and the power shift will be back on , rinse and repeat for next season nailed on 

Theres more chance of seeing a Dodo walking up County road with Bin Laden than that powershift happening in our lifetimes, my eldest is 26 in July he's never seen the blue shite win a trophy.

• Upvote 1

All is not well in Happyville.

I wouldnt bother - the Carlo Camp have their stall set out and nothing will convince them until 2nd season syndrome of crap comes in.

Was the exact same under Silva if you recall the dogs abuse I and a few others got for calling Silva's management for what it was in that 1st season to be told "bad bloo u lad transition season init give em time to sort out the squad"

Sounds familiar doesn't it.

If we play counter-football, then it is not very effective. We have not registered a goal after counterattacks this season.

Everybody making weak excuses because he's a big name. I don't give a toss what he's done before coming here, he's here and he's doing absolutely nothing to improve us other than to occasionally raise an eyebrow.

Carlo is obviously one of the most successful managers ever but performances, lack of identity , tactics and occasional bizarre selections and substitutions force me to consider if he still has the hunger and desire to build a successful team at Goodison.
In all honesty I don't know.
When he was appointed, I thought we had won the lottery.

He needs to ask serious questions of himself and his coaching staff.

Dreadful football for the most part, an inability to turn the home form around.

Simply not good enough and an unacceptable end to the season today. Dreadful, absolutely dreadful

Carlo is nothing without a team of superstars who can manage themselves. The past is over and so is his time as a real manager.

But we don't have a style. We don't play that way more often than not which is why we've lost so many home games to crap teams.

I'm not bothered about entertainment, I'm bothered about winning. It just so happens that usually, the better you are at playing footy, the better you are at winning games.

Our 'style' (which isn't actually in place because we've only managed to do it in away games with no fans there, and just scraped by) relies on a hell of a lot of luck, and moments going our way.

We can't pass to each other, the movement is dreadful, everything is backwards or sideways - and that's even when we play this style which you think we have.

So no, we've got very little to build on in terms of a structure, and that's a problem. Now, better players will make it easier, but how many better players? Because if we bring in 6-7 this summer, which again it looks like we need, we're going to have the same issues of bedding people in etc, hoping to avoid injuries.

There is no defending it, it's awful. The one thing we have is that we've got some monkeys off our backs. Whether that was just down to a lack of fans, or was some masterclass from Carlo (in certain games, I think he got it spot on btw, Anfield, Elland Road etc, brilliant tactical performances and hard effort from the players) we'll find out when we go to those places next season.

He bombed at Napoli too so the warning signs were there.

Heard from a reliable source that he's going to be leaving soon.......

A dead dog could have managed some of the teams he's won things with. As much as I like him, he seems like more of a figurehead than an actual team manager.

• Upvote 3

Have to be some cuts at the pit now.

Highest % of revenue spent on wages in league, no europe again....losing masses of money every year....show ponies on big wages adding nothing.

Rodriguez was on a plane to Colombia last night ahead of his team mates getting dicked today.....he's played barely half of their games.....57% of starts and 53% of the minutes in league....a show pony who just does not fancy it, eating up wages they can barely afford that would be better paid to 2 players who fancied it and were available.

A massive pay off again for a failed boss likely.

Oh Everton....

Still if Swansea get promoted at least they'll have a European away next season.

• Upvote 1

Not Anubis' quote, before anyone asks.

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Carlo is obviously one of the most successful managers ever but performances, lack of identity , tactics and occasional bizarre selections and substitutions force me to consider if he still has the hunger and desire to build a successful team at Goodison.
In all honesty I don't know.
When he was appointed, I thought we had won the lottery.

So did Carlo and his pension!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

You don’t have to have the highest points total for tenth place to be a winner but they have the highest points total for tenth place (since Coventry in 86/87).

Possibly one of the most worthless stats ever.

Actually, I wonder if a team has ever started Boxing Day in second place and ended up lower.

Is there really a £2.5M bonus for avoiding relegation? That's very insecure and downward looking, and a very bad vote of confidence in the manager to even have that included, considering the high profile and reputation he comes with. 

It's an insult, but at £2.5M, a very lucrative insult, and so he won't have raised any objections at its inclusion. Or am I being naive here, with it being a case of Ancelotti demanding that, himself?

Everyone who paid any attention to Carlo at Napoli could see he done little but top up his retirement fund while there. But he did make it hard in our European games so that was good enough. His 2 league titles in the past 10 years where with Bayern and PSG. He did fuck all with Napoli really