You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, Marko121 said:

Obviously a boycott against all the greed and corruption in the game. Another first for high and mighty F.C. leading the way for the rest to follow. 

46 minutes ago, Poster said:

gWD58Ab.png

6U7FlbA1.gif?1571171125

Their fans are lapping that up as Carlo getting tough. Truth is, they HAVE to let a few players go, they can’t sustain that 85% wage to turnover, especially when the new accounts are released after a record loss the 12 months before COVID. They are in the shit. I worry for them I really do.

MACCA75

Makes a difference though doesn’t it. If we are trying to attract players, you can sell a 6th/7th finish as a team making big strides under a previously world class manager.

Finishing 10th just says very loudly that this is a club going nowhere anytime soon.

Which direction are those strides going, sunshine?

29 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

By rights City should invite them to help lift the Premier League trophy after their game Sunday. It’s theirs as much as City’s, both for being first after 3 games and for Liverpool not winning it this season.

Dual winners.  There were actually 2 Premiership League competitions this season.

Everton one the first one which ended in September, giving them their first trophy since 2004/5's astonishing "finished ahead of the redshite" cup win.

Manchester City managed to claw their way back into it despite having an inferior squad and managed to nick the second one at the death.

Everton fans will be invited to the Emptihad to lick the visiting team toilets clean as a celebration, and there'll be no shortage of takers.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

20210519_114957.jpg

And in those 26 years as poor as we have been at times we still achieved

1 Premier League (runners up 3 times)

2 Champions leagues (4 finals)

1 UEFA Cup (2 finals)

2 FA Cups (2 finals)

3 League Cups (4 finals)

1 World champion title (2 finals)

3 Super Cups

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Their fans are lapping that up as Carlo getting tough. Truth is, they HAVE to let a few players go, they can’t sustain that 85% wage to turnover, especially when the new accounts are released after a record loss the 12 months before COVID. They are in the shit. I worry for them I really do.

I don't.

In the cup finals of 86 and 89 when red and blue stood side by side at Wembley chanting "Merseyside, Merseyside, Merseyside" showing togetherness and defiance towards national opinion of us then yeah, without doubt, but now, with all their nastiness, bitterness and bile, fuck them.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I don't.

In the cup finals of 86 and 89 when red and blue stood side by side at Wembley chanting "Merseyside, Merseyside, Merseyside" showing togetherness and defiance towards national opinion of us then yeah, without doubt, but now, with all their nastiness, bitterness and bile, fuck them.

Yeah, I’m getting to that. I beat that drum until I was blue in the face for years. Everton fans would offer nothing but derision and denial mostly, accusing me of supporting both teams etc as my dad is blue and we would go to watch both teams together when I was a lad. My dad was the one regaling me with stories about the 84 milk cup final, brothers in arms, and even when it was getting nastier in the 90s, I experienced the mixed derbies, when a third of the kop would go up when Everton scored. It’s gone now. Never to be restored. Even the family ties and affinity I had for them are gone, although I’ll always remember fondly how it was the way it was.

But they can fuck off

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

What they’ve spent they should be hammered by the media. How are they still afloat. Tv money they don’t earn like the rest of the shite in the league.

Because cunts in the media like martin samuel love an under dog. He thinks a mega rich owner coming along and pumping their load into a lesser club is what football's all about.

I know it's a bit off topic but Im surprised samuel hasnt been spouting his shit about Leicester dropping to 5th as 'nasty' Liverpool have been winning games.

19 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

What they’ve spent they should be hammered by the media. How are they still afloat. Tv money they don’t earn like the rest of the shite in the league.

I think the media knows that nobody really gives a fuck about them. 

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

I don't.

They deny this ever happened now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

I don't.

In the cup finals of 86 and 89 when red and blue stood side by side at Wembley chanting "Merseyside, Merseyside, Merseyside" showing togetherness and defiance towards national opinion of us then yeah, without doubt, but now, with all their nastiness, bitterness and bile, fuck