You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Id fucking laugh my nuts off if Ancelotti did go back to Real. Unlikely I know but you never know with those meffs.

I guess he's not under pressure at the shite because of his record and they know they'll never get as good a replacement. They fell lucky getting him but sooner or later, you'd think moshiri would be under pressure to act if normal service is resumed next season.

They've clearly punched above their weight. Will calvert lewin score as many next season or revert to type? Richarlison is surely wanting to play in Europe and I dont mean the UEFA Conference or whatever it's called so you suspect, if anyone's in for him, he'll want to leave.

James will surely realise the stories he was told about everton are just that and will want to play in Europe again. Mina's supposedly wanting to go to Italy. They could be in for a massive rebuild.

• Like 1

It would cost an absolute fortune to sack Ancelotti. I think he's got 3 years left on an £11.5m deal as well as his son who is on £4.5m and then any additional backroom staff. They are properly fleecing them. 

As said previously, if he gets sacked where do they go after that?. Plus what half decent manager will want to go there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have spent quite a lot of time in Barcelona, when they signed Suarez and I would be goaded about it, I would jokingly reply along the lines, he couldn't handle the pressure of a big club, so he left us to go to Barcelona. 

I think that if Carlo left Everton for Madrid, in their heads, they would put the same spin, couldn't handle the expectation at Everton so gone to a cushy job at Madrid, difference being they would genuinely believe it. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I think that if Carlo left Everton for Madrid, in their heads, they would put the same spin, couldn't handle the expectation at Everton so gone to a cushy job at Madrid, difference being they would genuinely believe it. 

Like Moyes taking the Man Utd job was some sort of badge of honour.

They should get him back. His small time, bitter, loser mentality suites them both perfectly.

Given the investment, change of personnel, top teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and even us this year having the odd off season or shit patch it doesn’t seem feasible that they’re as average today as they have been for the last 20 years. Fucking joke of a club.

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I have spent quite a lot of time in Barcelona, when they signed Suarez and I would be goaded about it, I would jokingly reply along the lines, he couldn't handle the pressure of a big club, so he left us to go to Barcelona. 

they might be right. both the barcelona and madrid managers in that situation will have failed at everton. 

once everton has touched you etc. 

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

And Tottenham sacking Mourinho. They still might get into the Europa League yet Everton just revert to type and stay 8th. 

Arsenal and Leeds could still finish ahead of them too. 

I know! It is ridiculous - you look at what they have spent and yet they are under no pressure to move beyond mid-table. How can they look at what Moyes had done this season - and think back to how they all turned their nose up to him last season - and get away with no criticism. Every time the spotlight has been on them this season they have shit their pants. 

It is a good job we are doing well - if they ever did start focussing upon their own team they'd be fuming! 

They're already moving on from Ancelotti to Bielsa. This particular post is hilarious, but I'm pretty sure it's one of us taking the mick.

This is a brilliant post. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully more than a couple of people will see that Bielsa is highly regarded for a lot of these things, including his humility when it comes to money and his conviction when it comes to his ideals. No trophies matters less when you have integrity. The big clubs are all the clubs who would want their CEOs to make all the decisions, and that isn't Bielsa.

Not saying we should chase him, at all, but I do respect him. He's the type of manager that can get you to the semi's by beating several top sides, then come out with a mad tactic that will either destroy someone 7-0 or ship 7 goals. Ha. I love watching his sides but only as a neutral

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

there must be some somersaults to arrive at that conclusion. because of course he was a poor man's bobby brown shoes a few years ago. then of course bobby proved not to be good enough for them. so rodgers who is worse than a fella not good enough for them, is now the man who's better than ancelotti? 

we can only dream. their love for him is astounding. nothing would be better than when that one goes to shit and he drags them towards relegation. sadly, i don't think there's any hope at all that moshiri would go with someone like that. 

They carry it on, because literally nobody gives a shit about them. they spend a fortune on players and wages and nobody notices. nobody expects them to do anything but what they're doing right now - their players included. Arsenal are expected to compete, so when they don't, it is rightly a story. it would be the same with us if we were mid-table too. but everton - it is the destination for players without ambition, it's a place to go and hide and earn a fortune. 

This is the £m net spend since 2015 of the top 11 teams in the premier league this season. 

Man City - 695
Man Utd - 547
Arsenal - 330
Everton - 290
Chelsea - 270
Aston Villa - 256
Liverpool- 208
West Ham - 201
Tottenham - 189
Leicester - 129
Leeds - 84

Arsenal have been lambasted in the same period for the money they have wasted but have won the FA cup twice, and regularly competed in Europe, reaching the Europa final and the semi final.

The Ev have spent almost as much and have won fuck all, and pre-qualified for the Europa league group stage once where they won one game against a Cypriot club after they had been knocked out. All this with an average league position of 9th. They even had to employ the Fat Sham to prevent a relegation during this period. What a shambles of a club.

• Upvote 1