You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Anyone would think they specifically chose to build it in a Victorian dock that needed filling in with a load of buildings around it with heritage concerns just ro drag it out for as long as possible.

It's mental isn't it. Surely the 1st question any of them should have is "why didn't you apply for planning permission at the same time as the stadium?".

I often did question how they'd fund it - in fact I was certain they couldn't, but the money for players and the season on season losses are being funded to an extent you have to assume the money is there. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Ancelotti is just boosting his pension these days. Perhaps getting his son’s foot in the door at a comfortable mid-table club like Everton.

This is the interesting thing from them both from here. As you say, he's boosting his pension pot and if a good job comes up, I'm sure he'll go and if not, he'll happily retire when he's done at Everton.

But if ancelotti doesn't work out, where do they go from here? They've hired all the types of manager and will never get a better pedigree than ancelotti. They're really no better a team now than they were under Moyes, Ronnie the red and Bobby brown shoes (well obviously aside from winning the league in September). They've spent a fortune on players (wages or fees) for all of their managers since moshiri took over, yet they're just the same team and if you look at what they need, there's loads of work to do. It could be this season is just dodgy for the no crowd thing (someone said to me the other day their home form since crowds were stopped in December is worse than ours, I don't know if that's true), but can you just imagine the shit they'd have got -especially little arms - with the shite they've served up this season. 

47 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Ha. Just realised that Tosun has a league winner’s medal with Besiktas. Does that make him the most highly decorated Everton player in the current squad?

Hamez won all those league titles and Champions Leagues while sitting on the Real Madrid and Bayern benches.

I’d forgotten about Rodriguez (easy to do he goes missing that often). They are having a conversation amongst themselves about fucking him off in the summer. Galactico. I’ve also noticed that their newfound Colombian fan base has disappeared...

Normal procedure is to run listed consent applications in parallel with planning. So they've either fucked up by overlooking this consent or they are just dragging it out while they get funding. 

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

I’d forgotten about Rodriguez (easy to do he goes missing that often). They are having a conversation amongst themselves about fucking him off in the summer. Galactico. I’ve also noticed that their newfound Colombian fan base has disappeared...

Almost like they never existed in the first place. Bogotá blues.

They thought they’d get a free ground like city did when it looked like we had a chance of getting the commonwealth games and backed themselves into a corner by making a big fanfare over it.

Instead, we had absolutely zero chance of getting the games and they were the ones left holding the bag. 

Lad I know works for LOR and is one of the main men on the build. He was telling me yesterday  that this is defo going ahead but the costs are already in excess of £750m for it.

All that money spent and it’ll still be 10,000 seats smaller than our place. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Red74 said:

They thought they’d get a free ground like city did when it looked like we had a chance of getting the commonwealth games and backed themselves into a corner by making a big fanfare over it.

Instead, we had absolutely zero chance of getting the games and they were the ones left holding the bag. 

Lad I know works for LOR and is one of the main men on the build. He was telling me yesterday  that this is defo going ahead but the costs are already in excess of £750m for it.

All that money spent and it’ll still be 10,000 seats smaller than our place. 

So how much do they have to come up with themselves? 

15 minutes ago, joeyk said:

So how much do they have to come up with themselves? 

That’s the £750 million question. If that super league would have came off they’d have been putting a few extra metres of cladding on the timber yard and staying there forever 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, niallers said:

They'll be going full nuclear over today. We got away with our first as it wasn't a free to us, the disallowed goal for them and we scored after the 4 mins were up. Fucking glorious piss boiling haha

Head’s falling off everywhere...

We fucked their weekend and they hadn’t even played.