You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

34 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Guess what. They're talking about something that happened in 1985. The Marty McFly cunts.

The year started so well as well;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1985_in_the_United_Kingdom

Later that year;

• 13 March – Rioting breaks out at the FA Cup quarter-final between Luton Town and Millwall at Kenilworth Road, Luton; hundreds of hooligans tear seats from the stands and throw them onto the pitch before a pitch invasion takes place, resulting in 81 people (31 of them police officers) being injured. The carnage continues in the streets near the stadium, resulting in major damage to vehicles and property. Luton Town win the game 1–0.

So they obviously arranged a fight and riot with Millwall to commemorate 1985 

11 May

Everton legend who spent most of his career there Wayne Rooney, also born that year. 

Harry Catterwick died that year. 

7 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

No media bias to keep the Moral Guardians down, yeah right, there should be a patch for this;

This one is fun as well, but if you are one of our Blue Neighbours, don't watch pass 2000;

The above also shows up the absolute bollocks that we had done nothing, whilst they were brilliant, prior to 1959.

Brilliant that and dispels the myth that we were nothing before Shanks.

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

He doesn't understand our rivalry with Manchester United? Fuck me. And "the whole city rivalry should extend to us if it existed but it doesn’t". I couldn't read one word after that. Is he saying Everton don't have a traditional rivalry with Manchester United? Their scrapping with them was the equal if not worse than ours. And he must have forgotten "the battle of the valley" from before they started sucking manc cock down the brick. 

https://www-liverpoolecho-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/the-battle-of-everton-valley-3535609.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16203171297970&amp_ct=1620317184504&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fliverpool-news%2Fthe-battle-of-everton-valley-3535609

Everton and Man City games used to see regular agg until Evertonians started lubing up and bending over for them when they won the lottery.

On 14/04/2021 at 13:18, Pidge said:

No, if you number and bullet your opinions they become "evidence".

I thought that was graphs?

On 05/05/2021 at 17:17, Manny said:

Something deeply meta about an Evertonian ridiculing the concept of having a rivalry with multiple teams. That's kind of the point, that in order to be the best you have to be better than more than one team.

Be interesting to overlay Domingo's list of redshite rivals with the Blue Allies, and find that they're basically one and the same. Because when your only ambition is to see one team fail, you've only got one rivalry and a fuckload of second teams.

I've said this before, but there are teams you just happen to be competing against and there are your real rivals, just like there are workmates (who you might get on with well enough, for as long as you're employed in the same place) and then there are real friends (who you never lose touch with).  Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Arsenal, Chelsea and City are like workmates; some of them no longer work in the same place as us, so to speak, so most of us don't give them a second thought.  Everton and United are the real thing, though: even if (fingers crossed) they got relegated, you'd still keep an eye out to see them getting beat every week.

The point here is that he's confused by the fact that, over many years of success, we've competed against many different teams.  During their long decades of mediocrity, they've never known that.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

When we won one of our many, many trophies, someone sprayed a number on Rupert's Tower.  Once.

Fucking beaut.

I assumed he was referring to the fiirework that whizzed into the Liver Buildings. EIther way, it is tiresome

I'm convinced it was one of them lot who sprayed Klopp Out on Melwood a few years back. Why the fuck would one of us have done it? They could see how it was going and wanted to do something to plant some negative seeds. Thats not me being paranoid about them, it's me knowing full well at first hand exactly what they are like. 

They are the psychotic ex-partner who stalks you every single day and their whole purpose from the moment they wake up to the moment they sleep (and even in their nightmares) is to justify why you are too good for them. Fucking beauts. 

51 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm convinced it was one of them lot who sprayed Klopp Out on Melwood a few years back. Why the fuck would one of us have done it? They could see how it was going and wanted to do something to plant some negative seeds. Thats not me being paranoid about them, it's me knowing full well at first hand exactly what they are like. 

They are the psychotic ex-partner who stalks you every single day and their whole purpose from the moment they wake up to the moment they sleep (and even in their nightmares) is to justify why you are too good for them. Fucking beauts. 

Absolute guarantee, as sure as when anything they do that's morally suspect is automatically painted as "probably a Red on a wind up" like the Hillsborough graffiti sprayed at Anfield a few years back. Even though it had the letters "EFC" next to it, a mate of mine stated it was done by one of us just to allow us to do something back, tit for tat.  

Just accept that some of your fans, like some of ours, are idiots. 

3 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Absolute guarantee, as sure as when anything they do that's morally suspect is automatically painted as "probably a Red on a wind up" like the Hillsborough graffiti sprayed at Anfield a few years back. Even though it had the letters "EFC" next to it, a mate of mine stated it was done by one of us just to allow us to do something back, tit for tat.  

Just accept that some of your fans, like some of ours, are idiots. 

We've got some whoppers but "Klopp Out" ....... "Hodgson out" yeah absolutely but Klopp ?! 

12 hours ago, an tha said:

Everton and Man City games used to see regular agg until Evertonians started lubing up and bending over for them when they won the lottery.

Yeah mate, deffo. I grew up in the 80s and I had a mixture of red and blue mates. When the mancs were in town (either variety), we all went the match as it was absolutely seen as a fight between the cities - it would go off before, after and quite often during the match. It was fucking mayhem in the enclosure at goodison, which is why they made it the family section when they seated it. 

In 84 when we had the league cup final replay at Maine road, there were fucking riots in moss side. We came on the train but they put buses on from the train stations to the ground. The coaches got bricked stuck in traffic, we all emptied out (red and blue) and it went off everywhere. There was never a thought at any point this wasn't scousers v mancs. 

It was always the way until they got so bitter about us, they developed this my enemies enemy is my friend routine and fucking whored themselves to mancs. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah mate, deffo. I grew up in the 80s and I had a mixture of red and blue mates. When the mancs were in town (either variety), we all went the match as it was absolutely seen as a fight between the cities - it would go off before, after and quite often during the match. It was fucking mayhem in the enclosure at goodison, which is why they made it the family section when they seated it. 

In 84 when we had the league cup final replay at Maine road, there were fucking riots in moss side. We came on the train but they put buses on from the train stations to the ground. The coaches got bricked stuck in traffic, we all emptied out (red and blue) and it went off everywhere. There was never a thought at any point this wasn't scousers v mancs. 

It was always the way until they got so bitter about us, they developed this my enemies enemy is my friend routine and fucking whored themselves to mancs. 

Happy days, remember it well.

• Upvote 1

They also don't realise the level of hatred towards us from other fans. Loads grew up with us winning everything in the seventies and eighties and hated it. There are entire generations who hate Liverpool because of their success.

The Mancs hated it then when they started to win things they had a go at us because they had gone so long without being successful.  Most of the London clubs were shit in the 70s and 80s just winning the odd cup, only Arsenal and Chelsea have had any sustained success since.

There's loads of fans who hate us because of Heysel even if the ban had no effect on their teams and it's a stick to beat us with. Even though a lot of the fans of these teams were rampaging through town centres every other weekend. The Scousers got us banned though

Loads of fans of other teams hate scousers and view the campaign for justice as a load of morbid grief obsessed individuals refusing to let a grudge go. They still refuse to accept the verdict from a few years ago and also use the subject to get a reaction. 

Liverpool get far more media attention than Everton due to the size of the support and that articles about Liverpool get website hits. Even negative articles get a ridiculous amount of traffic, usually because fans of other teams view them and comment on them. So they actually contribute to the never ending media attention the club gets. 

Then you have Everton, they had a brief bit of success in the 1980s and only one cup win since. Prior to that they won one title in the seventies and a couple of trophies in the sixties. They haven't competed with any teams for titles in that time to build up any rivalry or resentment from other fans.

An Evertonian probably believes that they are a massive club who demand respect but no other opposition fans really view them as a threat or has any reason to dislike them because they rarely, if ever cross swords with them. They will also side with anyone against us.  This is shown by the Mancs being invited into their pubs and allowed to put up banners. 

They also take Man City flags into their end to celebrate Liverpool not winning the league. Whereas Man City fans beat up their fans who had kids with them when they played then in a league cup semi final. They will sing songs about Tottenham winning the cup and clap Alex Ferguson when they see him in the Main Stand at Goodison. 

• Upvote 8

17 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They also don't realise the level of hatred towards us from other fans. Loads grew up with us winning everything in the seventies and eighties and hated it. There are entire generations who hate Liverpool because of their success.

The Mancs hated it then when they started to win things they had a go at us because they had gone so long without being successful.  Most of the London clubs were shit in the 70s and 80s just winning the odd cup, only Arsenal and Chelsea have had any sustained success since.

There's loads of fans who hate us because of Heysel even if the ban had no effect on their teams and it's a stick to beat us with. Even though a lot of the fans of these teams were rampaging through town centres every other weekend. The Scousers got us banned though

Loads of fans of other teams hate scousers and view the campaign for justice as a load of morbid grief obsessed individuals refusing to let a grudge go. They still refuse to accept the verdict from a few years ago and also use the subject to get a reaction. 

Liverpool get far more media attention than Everton due to the size of the support and that articles about Liverpool get website hits. Even negative articles get a ridiculous amount of traffic, usually because fans of other teams view them and comment on them. So they actually contribute to the never ending media attention the club gets. 

Then you have Everton, they had a brief bit of success in the 1980s and only one cup win since. Prior to that they won one title in the seventies and a couple of trophies in the sixties. They haven't competed with any teams for titles in that time to build up any rivalry or resentment from other fans.

An Evertonian probably believes that they are a massive club who demand respect but no other opposition fans really view them as a threat or has any reason to dislike them because they rarely, if ever cross swords with them. They will also side with anyone against us.  This is shown by the Mancs being invited into their pubs and allowed to put up banners. 

They also take Man City flags into their end to celebrate Liverpool not winning the league. Whereas Man City fans beat up their fans who had kids with them when they played then in a league cup semi final. They will sing songs about Tottenham winning the cup and clap Alex Ferguson when they see him in the Main Stand at Goodison. 

Fucking great post!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Said every Evertonian,never.

I rest my case m'lud.

shagpuss

Player Valuation: £8m Forum Supporter

Yesterday at 9:10 PM

#1,607

When the Scab 6 get their five year bans from Europe this Summer, we still should just about squeeze into the 4th CL place.

Be like 1985 again, except this time the good guys don't get banned too

14 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

I rest my case m'lud.

shagpuss

Player Valuation: £8m Forum Supporter

Yesterday at 9:10 PM

#1,607

When the Scab 6 get their five year bans from Europe this Summer, we still should just about squeeze into the 4th CL place.

Be like 1985 again, except this time the good guys don't get banned too

The 'good guys?' Haha!

Insert the words into the 1980s Everton chants

'Trigger trigger trigger,shoot that a) buffalo? b) lion? or c) dark skinned gentleman(perjorative term.)

Or Everton are a)multicultural or b) white?

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Weird the way Evertonians keep going g on about this Super League. Constantly tagging people on Twitter as well. 

Dont think any other clubs released statements like they did. Weird fuckers.

Yeah... I can't be arsed looking it up, but I'm guessing that Sheffield Wednesday's points deduction came about because they'd breached a rule for which a points deduction was the agreed penalty.