You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Saint Domingo

Player Valuation: £70m
I actually think they are much much worse than previously as well.

I don't know if it's the lockdown, or whether it's the fact they've had some success and got a bit giddy but they seem worse than ever currently. I remember they would be snarky when they went 10 years without a trophy but for the most part they used to celebrate Manchester City winning things as it was stopping Manchester United.

They are absolutely fewming now. It's really easy to wind them up, you just say City played well and they are on you. It seems worse than they were with even Mancheter United.

In general my rule is I never want an English side to win anything in Europe. But I am slightly torn, as it would be hilarious getting to see Manchester City win the CL and league in the same season and see the heads fall off.

Their behaviour is not normal across other fan bases.

They hate us - fair enough, we’re historic local rivals but we’ve been pretty much an irrelevance for thirty years, yet Klopp mentions us on his bus parade at their highest point, Carragher can’t stop bringing us into everything, whenever they win something buildings linked to us are vandalised. You don’t see Barcelona fans with Espanyol at the front of their minds whenever they win anything.

They hate United - I don’t really get this one as the whole city rivalry should extend to us if it existed but it doesn’t. They’ve never particularly competed at the same point in time either with only one title race that comes to mind in PL history and a handful of cup ties. Not many other team fan bases have this level of hatred for a team not from their city that they don’t really compete with. Arsenal and United don’t hate each other this much and look at the battles they had.

They despise Chelsea - based on a few games between them in the CL which they actually won, and the fact that Mourinho has tainted them a few times means they now pretty much blame them for absolutely anything that goes wrong in football.

They hate City and Guardiola - ok they’ve denied them a few titles, but again they actually beat them in the CL. For some reason though nothing bends them out of shape as much as the sight of City winning things.

They hate Harry Kane - no idea why as he’s generally useless against them and again they’ve not competed for anything apart from a final which Liverpool won, but he got picked as England captain over Henderson which means we now have kopites seething on Twitter if Kane scores for England at a World Cup.

The hate Real Madrid and Sergio Ramos. Ok they lost a game against them but there’s an unnatural level to their bitterness about this one off event.

Their revilement is also extended to any player who doesn’t play for Liverpool and is taking up the slightest bit of media attention away from them e.g this week it’s apparently an utter disgrace that pundits are praising a 20 year old English player in Foden who has taken his team to the CL final. What an utter disgrace, after we had multiple page pull outs on Mo Salah when he did the same thing.

They go around calling everyone else bitter but I honestly don’t know any other team that has this same number of invented rivalries. It’s got to the point where they’re so toxic that other fans are putting aside old local rivalries due to the annoyance of Liverpool fans. United and City would now both rather the other win over Liverpool. Chelsea would lose a game to any of the London teams if it denied Liverpool a trophy. They think it’s because there’s a conspiracy against them but they’ve caused this bizarre situation.

Most fans I know want their team to win and their local rivals to lose. After that they couldn’t really care less about other teams. Liverpool fans for some reason have gone above and beyond in the bitterness scales and invented poisonous rivalries that just don’t exist.

36 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Saint Domingo

I don't know if it's the lockdown, or whether it's the fact they've had some success and got a bit giddy but they seem worse than ever currently. I remember they would be snarky when they went 10 years without a trophy but for the most part they used to celebrate Manchester City winning things as it was stopping Manchester United.

They are absolutely fewming now. It's really easy to wind them up, you just say City played well and they are on you. It seems worse than they were with even Mancheter United.

In general my rule is I never want an English side to win anything in Europe. But I am slightly torn, as it would be hilarious getting to see Manchester City win the CL and league in the same season and see the heads fall off.

They hate us - fair enough, we’re historic local rivals but we’ve been pretty much an irrelevance for thirty years, yet Klopp mentions us on his bus parade at their highest point, Carragher can’t stop bringing us into everything, whenever they win something buildings linked to us are vandalised. You don’t see Barcelona fans with Espanyol at the front of their minds whenever they win anything.

They hate United - I don’t really get this one as the whole city rivalry should extend to us if it existed but it doesn’t. They’ve never particularly competed at the same point in time either with only one title race that comes to mind in PL history and a handful of cup ties. Not many other team fan bases have this level of hatred for a team not from their city that they don’t really compete with. Arsenal and United don’t hate each other this much and look at the battles they had.

They despise Chelsea - based on a few games between them in the CL which they actually won, and the fact that Mourinho has tainted them a few times means they now pretty much blame them for absolutely anything that goes wrong in football.

They hate City and Guardiola - ok they’ve denied them a few titles, but again they actually beat them in the CL. For some reason though nothing bends them out of shape as much as the sight of City winning things.

They hate Harry Kane - no idea why as he’s generally useless against them and again they’ve not competed for anything apart from a final which Liverpool won, but he got picked as England captain over Henderson which means we now have kopites seething on Twitter if Kane scores for England at a World Cup.

The hate Real Madrid and Sergio Ramos. Ok they lost a game against them but there’s an unnatural level to their bitterness about this one off event.

Their revilement is also extended to any player who doesn’t play for Liverpool and is taking up the slightest bit of media attention away from them e.g this week it’s apparently an utter disgrace that pundits are praising a 20 year old English player in Foden who has taken his team to the CL final. What an utter disgrace, after we had multiple page pull outs on Mo Salah when he did the same thing.

They go around calling everyone else bitter but I honestly don’t know any other team that has this same number of invented rivalries. It’s got to the point where they’re so toxic that other fans are putting aside old local rivalries due to the annoyance of Liverpool fans. United and City would now both rather the other win over Liverpool. Chelsea would lose a game to any of the London teams if it denied Liverpool a trophy. They think it’s because there’s a conspiracy against them but they’ve caused this bizarre situation.

Most fans I know want their team to win and their local rivals to lose. After that they couldn’t really care less about other teams. Liverpool fans for some reason have gone above and beyond in the bitterness scales and invented poisonous rivalries that just don’t exist.

•  

An unnatural level of bitterness about one event and conspiracies hahahaha fucking hell. That’s some hypocritical shit right there.

58 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Saint Domingo

So whats his take on Collina?

What I got from that is that we should just hate Everton because they are based near us. We aren't allowed to have any rivalry with anyone else.

They also contradict themselves by fawning over City even though they were going to join the same breakaway league as us. But they are amazing and the redshite are the baddies, the greedy fuckers who have ruined English football.

If I was them I'd be more fuming about the fact that Man City or Chelsea will win the European Cup. Add them to Forest and Villa. All clubs who they think they are bigger than. Also Man City will soon push them further down the list of honours won in English football. 

I'm not fuming about Man City winning it. I just don't care. I wasnt even that bothered when Chelsea won it. 

Something deeply meta about an Evertonian ridiculing the concept of having a rivalry with multiple teams. That's kind of the point, that in order to be the best you have to be better than more than one team.

Be interesting to overlay Domingo's list of redshite rivals with the Blue Allies, and find that they're basically one and the same. Because when your only ambition is to see one team fail, you've only got one rivalry and a fuckload of second teams.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

What I got from that is that we should just hate Everton because they are based near us. We aren't allowed to have any rivalry with anyone else.

They also contradict themselves by fawning over City even though they were going to join the same breakaway league as us. But they are amazing and the redshite are the baddies, the greedy fuckers who have ruined English football.

If I was them I'd be more fuming about the fact that Man City or Chelsea will win the European Cup. Add them to Forest and Villa. All clubs who they think they are bigger than. Also Man City will soon push them further down the list of honours won in English football. 

I'm not fuming about Man City winning it. I just don't care. I wasnt even that bothered when Chelsea won it. 

Swansea have won more trophies in the last 30 years than Everton. Why do they believe they have a genuine rivalry with a six times European Cup winning club? Just because we share the same City? 

39 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Swansea have won more trophies in the last 30 years than Everton. Why do they believe they have a genuine rivalry with a six times European Cup winning club? Just because we share the same City? 

Evertonians seem to think that sucking off whoever Liverpool are in a title race or a cup final against makes them look clever and top wind up merchants. 

But in reality they are just snide obsessed, cuckold shithouses who constantly contradict themselves and haven't got the self awareness to think how stupid they sound. 

• Upvote 2

They're David Brent with his Sergio Georgini jacket! 

As a club, that is it - Sergio Georgini. I love the fact that their hatred of us, is the reason why they are listened to - and their irrelevance is the reason they are tolerated. In 2016 they were fighting in the stands and streets with City - but the minute we challenged City, they embraced them. 

No media bias to keep the Moral Guardians down, yeah right, there should be a patch for this;

This one is fun as well, but if you are one of our Blue Neighbours, don't watch pass 2000;

The above also shows up the absolute bollocks that we had done nothing, whilst they were brilliant, prior to 1959.

• Upvote 2

On 05/05/2021 at 14:53, Bjornebye said:

Saint Domingo

He doesn't understand our rivalry with Manchester United? Fuck me. And "the whole city rivalry should extend to us if it existed but it doesn’t". I couldn't read one word after that. Is he saying Everton don't have a traditional rivalry with Manchester United? Their scrapping with them was the equal if not worse than ours. And he must have forgotten "the battle of the valley" from before they started sucking manc cock down the brick. 

https://www-liverpoolecho-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/the-battle-of-everton-valley-3535609.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16203171297970&amp_ct=1620317184504&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fliverpool-news%2Fthe-battle-of-everton-valley-3535609

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He doesn't understand our rivalry with Manchester United? Fuck me. And "the whole city rivalry should extend to us if it existed but it doesn’t". I couldn't read one word after that. Is he saying Everton don't have a traditional rivalry with Manchester United? Their scrapping with them was the equal if not worse than ours. And he must have forgotten "the battle of the valley" from before they started sucking manc cock down the brick. 

https://www-liverpoolecho-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/the-battle-of-everton-valley-3535609.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16203171297970&amp_ct=1620317184504&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fliverpool-news%2Fthe-battle-of-everton-valley-3535609

Yeah that was heavy that night. They were kicking off about bottles being thrown at a few bus windows yet they took a firm to Millwall and rampaged through an estate 2 seasons ago. Mention that to them, they change the subject quicker than a tory. 

• Upvote 2