You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

Everton's accounts for the year go up to 30th June 2020. Their total income for the year was around £186m (about £2m down on the previous 12 months). Their total loss for the year was around £140m (the previous year they lost around £112m). Over half the money they made came from broadcasting (£98m of that total £186m), which is a bit better than the previous year (when around £133m of their total £188m came from broadcasting). But, nearly £165m of what they earned last year went on wages and salaries. About 89% of what they earned. Bear in mind that what they earned wasn't vastly down from the previous year (only £2m or so).

In Liverpool's case, the amount spent on wages and salaries was £325m, and the total income was £490m. So Liverpool spent around 66% of their income on wages and salaries.

In a 'normal' year, we are generating almost 3 times as much income as Everton, while spending around twice as much as they do on wages and salaries.

If we are in as much danger as they say, then it means they've been ignoring letters and phone calls from the bayliffs for a while now, while pretending not to be in when they visit.

Uncle Uzzy, lad.

*Taps nose* 

4 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

A stern warning, you've been told.

GwladysBlue

Player Valuation: £70m

Thursday at 3:16 PM

#72,452

I like how our planning application for the hydraulic tower went in today. Gives confidence about the project and a stern warning that we are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

What the fuck is this? So is this another manufactured delay? 

3 hours ago, Trumo said:

Everton's accounts for the year go up to 30th June 2020. Their total income for the year was around £186m (about £2m down on the previous 12 months). Their total loss for the year was around £140m (the previous year they lost around £112m). Over half the money they made came from broadcasting (£98m of that total £186m), which is a bit better than the previous year (when around £133m of their total £188m came from broadcasting). But, nearly £165m of what they earned last year went on wages and salaries. About 89% of what they earned. Bear in mind that what they earned wasn't vastly down from the previous year (only £2m or so).

In Liverpool's case, the amount spent on wages and salaries was £325m, and the total income was £490m. So Liverpool spent around 66% of their income on wages and salaries.

In a 'normal' year, we are generating almost 3 times as much income as Everton, while spending around twice as much as they do on wages and salaries.

If we are in as much danger as they say, then it means they've been ignoring letters and phone calls from the bayliffs for a while now, while pretending not to be in when they visit.

See below. 

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Uncle Uzzy, lad.

*Taps nose* 

I'd have expected "lid" to be honest. 

6 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

A stern warning, you've been told.

GwladysBlue

Thursday at 3:16 PM

#72,452

I like how our planning application for the hydraulic tower went in today. Gives confidence about the project and a stern warning that we are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Looks like a stern warning about Everton's future to me.

Eastern Quayside

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Trumo said:

image.png

Oh blast, I forgot about the bailiffs.

Saw a fee posts on faceaids and Twatter off Evertonians saying they wanted Chelsea to win because they like seeing English clubs do well in Europe. Obviously looking for a reaction off Liverpool fans but making themselves look a bit stupid considering they hate the "Big 6" and anything to do with the ESL.

Catcher has 'done some digging' into our accounts and we are going into administration and getting a 20 point deduction

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Its funny as the penny is starting to drop for some of their fans, that they are not actually a very sustainably run football club.

That "going concern" thing essentially states the owner can't/wont put the funding in to guarentee the clubs existence if there is a financial shock akin to the season being delayed on its start date. Even West Hams owners provided far better assurances.

I actually though these accounts would be slightly worse (though next years will be a lot worse). FSG taking on the Covid related debt as opposed to LFC has helped cover up to 200m worth of debt so far (so it could have easily been another 50-60m this season onto their loss of nearly 50m in real terms). Their debt is now officially 200m, it will grow substantially more in next years accounts as you have a whole year of Covid as opposed to 2 months. There is also owners debt on top of that that will not be counted, but FSG are owed at least 200m for taking on LFC debt that at this point they don't count but if/when they want to sell it will be factored back in. So you are taling 2-400m worth of debt with thise likely to be 4-600m by the time the next set of accounts are announced.

How have they got into this trouble? Theyve done a Leeds. Warren Buffet also says crashes are good, because its like the tide going out- you get to see who has been swimming with no clothes on. That is very much LFC. When Euro-pounds are converted they have got the 3rd highest wage bill in world football. They are only behind Barcelona (1billion in debt) and City (who have heavy shareholder investment). They are above PSG, Bayern, Manchester United and are completely blowing out the water the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal etc. Chelsea are also massively backed, and they are absolutely miles ahead of them.

It doesn't take a genius to work out, that unless your ownership have huge reserves and a huge willingness to throw good money after bad (which FSG don't) or the business is able to cope with debt levels rising to up to 1bn (which they cant support) something has to give. They are spending well beyond their means and its catching up with them.

Another couple of things to note, from some digging around. The £325m wage bill DOES NOT include bonuses for winning the league, which were paid in July. So any hefty bonus payments will be added to next years accounts (in fairness, these will not be as big as some people suggest, but even if they are the 10% mark, you are looking at £355m wage bill and 2nd only to Barcelona). There is also some concern that some of the increments u.pwards are 1 off payments, but some are increases that then stick in, so tmhey are stuck with that wage moving forwards.

They also lead the way for agents fees, sign on fees etc. None of these get counted as wages, normally put into "other expenses". So in essence the "real" wage value if you added in then premiums they payon both of those is likely to be very close to 400m and amongst the biggest in world football.

It doesnt take into account the Nike deal, but given it was a pandemic the Nike deal will be nowhere near as big as they forecast, and now they are nowhere near the title and not in the CL it won't be moving forward.

In essence not only can they not support that wage spend, but it is highly reckless. It is starting to dawn on a few of the smarter ones, who can read balance sheets and financial statements the level of mess their reckless spending has got them into. The hole idea of "net spend" is ridiculous as well, as it really contributes very little to the running of a football club. Wage spend is far more significant, and like Leeds before they have gambled massively and failed.

As a final aside, selling their players for their intrinsic value (note a lot less than LFC's value and a lot less than their idiotic supporters value) will be very difficult. Salah might have an intrinsic value of say 70-80m, but given the financial difficulties I can't see anyone paying close to that for a 29 year old. The likes of Firmino and Mane, given the wages they are on, they will probably have to accept loan agreements if they were to go after the poor seasons they've both had. VVD has come back from a huge injury so nobody is spending more than they did on him.

So lets enjoy watching this car crash unfold.

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

I think @Neiler is an accountant
He may shed some light on this

I've just added a bit more below. Did some digging and its pretty bad what is being reported. Like "we could be going into administration and have a 20 point penalty" bad. I thought one of the 6 might have done, and Spurs were the most likely candidates. But that section for LFC is very worrying. It's basically the owners not giving the assurances to the auditors that if x,y or z happen (i.e a season is delayed) there isnt the funding for Liverpool to continue. I mean, you don't need to be a genius to realise that is pretty bad.

The literary and business genius that is Catcher in the Rye. 

I'll give him his due - his ability to speak with authority on various subjects that he clearly knows fuck all about, is impressive. 

He's Cliff from Cheers. If Cliff was a cunt. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Spending beyond our means hahahahahaha this soft twat and his cunt disciples are morons. Totally ignoring the state of his own club and basically saying they can afford to lose it, unbelievably hypocritical and yet dense at the same time.

Lies, dammed lies and an argument from an Evertonian. 

Work of art, that. From the “I’ve done some more digging” through to the “you don’t have to be a genius,” with the added flourish of the Warren Buffet quote. He’s a fucking parody of himself, so basically a parody of a massive fucking cunt.

• Like 1

An everton fan claiming we are in financial bother is beyond parody.

Their club spends 89% of its small turnover on wages and has racked up losses of hundreds of millions over last few years 

If any club is 'doing a Leeds' it is theirs.

And frankly i've reached stage now (never used to feel this way always said would be bad for the city) where i'll laugh my balls off when they go the wall.