You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Halcyon Days said:

1 hour ago, Halcyon Days said:

Fucking embarrassing. EFC the people’s club and now the self appointed world football police ready to take the evil cabal on for the good of humanity. Beyond parody now these cunts just hope I’m alive to see them get relegated or even better go bust.

Comedy gold, that piece. The twat who wrote it knows his audience. 

Heaven forfend that Everton's directors should act in the financial interest of Everton (and themselves).

Who are all these people who have been "widely lauding" the scruffy nonentities for their snide press statements?

Also, I love the way he loftily waves away the suggestion that players, managers and fans shouldn't be punished for something that had nothing to do with them. I'll have to remember that. 

10 minutes ago, PrivateParts said:

Comedy gold, that piece. The twat who wrote it knows his audience. 

Heaven forfend that Everton's directors should act in the financial interest of Everton (and themselves).

Who are all these people who have been "widely lauding" the scruffy nonentities for their snide press statements?

Also, I love the way he loftily waves away the suggestion that players, managers and fans shouldn't be punished for something that had nothing to do with them. I'll have to remember that. 

No one, absolutely no one but we don't live on Planet Blooshite where little things like truth and humility take on a different meaning.

14 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

I love phrases like "The Blues stood up last week. Not just for themselves or their supporters, but for football in general in this country - regardless of which club you follow."

No, they stood up for themselves and absolutely nobody else. It's purely a coincidence that they also happened to stand up for everyone else, but that was not their motivation, it was purely selfish. It's the same as those bellends who own us. They're here to get richer, occasionally that'll mean we win, but that is not what they're aiming for, they are just aiming for richer. this whole narrative from everton that they are this holier than thou club is becoming sickening. They do alright in the community, fair fucks for that. But they did fuck all about racism for years, they have had as much trouble with hooliganism than any club, they used to swing their dicks calling themselves "the mersey millionaires" and yet show contempt at wealth, they used to be sickened by the spending of our club until their club got into bed with usmanov and his mate and the only thing they dislike about the ESL is nobody gives them a 2nd thought about being there. absolute shower of cunts. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I love phrases like "The Blues stood up last week. Not just for themselves or their supporters, but for football in general in this country - regardless of which club you follow."

No, they stood up for themselves and absolutely nobody else. It's purely a coincidence that they also happened to stand up for everyone else, but that was not their motivation, it was purely selfish. It's the same as those bellends who own us. They're here to get richer, occasionally that'll mean we win, but that is not what they're aiming for, they are just aiming for richer. this whole narrative from everton that they are this holier than thou club is becoming sickening. They do alright in the community, fair fucks for that. But they did fuck all about racism for years, they have had as much trouble with hooliganism than any club, they used to swing their dicks calling themselves "the mersey millionaires" and yet show contempt at wealth, they used to be sickened by the spending of our club until their club got into bed with usmanov and his mate and the only thing they dislike about the ESL is nobody gives them a 2nd thought about being there. absolute shower of cunts. 

Also one of the clubs to wanted to join the ESL was their hated rivals so they are milking it even more to get brownie points off their bitter obsessed fanbase.

I'm wondering what level of outrage there would be if Liverpool were never involved 

8 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Also one of the clubs to wanted to join the ESL was their hated rivals so they are milking it even more to get brownie points off their bitter obsessed fanbase.

I'm wondering what level of outrage there would be if Liverpool were never involved 

they'd probably love it. if it had been the current top 4 say? they wouldn't give a fuck it locked them out forever, as long as it locked us out. 

21 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Pretty much, protecting their investment just like the TV magnate who owns Leeds was when they put banners up in their ground for our match with them.

We didn't want it, we agree with their opposition of it, but they shouldn't delude themselves into thinking their club wouldn't have put their hand in the bucket if they felt they a) had the opportunity and b) thought it was in their interest to.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They'd all be wanking themselves silly buzzing off us for not getting in it. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I thought that the stadium was ready to go once they got planning permission or are they having another public survey.

I asked a blue mate about that on Saturday..  "aren't you building it now?"..... "It's not fully approved yet". I'm assuming he means approval of the loan from loanpig.co.uk

42 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I wonder how their accounts are going to look and their wage ratio. But somehow they will get £600m for a new stadium. 

They took £19m from the taxpayer in the form of the Coronavirus Business Interruption Scheme as shown in their latest accounts but they call us 'furlough fc'?!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I asked a blue mate about that on Saturday..  "aren't you building it now?"..... "It's not fully approved yet". I'm assuming he means approval of the loan from loanpig.co.uk

Every time they get approval for something their fans say "heard it is starting onsite in 2 weeks" then 2 months pass and nothing happens

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

They took £19m from the taxpayer in the form of the Coronavirus Business Interruption Scheme as shown in their latest accounts but they call us 'furlough fc'?!

Yep. They completely ignore that. 

None of the fans or representatives of the club condemned the company who furloughed the EFC shop staff and the catering staff in the stadium. 

A stern warning, you've been told.

GwladysBlue

Player Valuation: £70m

Thursday at 3:16 PM

#72,452

I like how our planning application for the hydraulic tower went in today. Gives confidence about the project and a stern warning that we are going to be a force to be reckoned with.

21 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Latest Everton chat. 

Fabinho wants out if we don’t get CL. 

We only signed good players when we had access to Man City’s database. 

We are fucked financially and (still) in real danger of going bust. 

Sounds like self projection to me. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Latest Everton chat. 

We are fucked financially and (still) in real danger of going bust. 

Everton's accounts for the year go up to 30th June 2020. Their total income for the year was around £186m (about £2m down on the previous 12 months). Their total loss for the year was around £140m (the previous year they lost around £112m). Over half the money they made came from broadcasting (£98m of that total £186m), which is a bit better than the previous year (when around £133m of their total £188m came from broadcasting). But, nearly £165m of what they earned last year went on wages and salaries. About 89% of what they earned. Bear in mind that what they earned wasn't vastly down from the previous year (only £2m or so).

In Liverpool's case, the amount spent on wages and salaries was £325m, and the total income was £490m. So Liverpool spent around 66% of their income on wages and salaries.

In a 'normal' year, we are generating almost 3 times as much income as Everton, while spending around twice as much as they do on wages and salaries.

If we are in as much danger as they say, then it means they've been ignoring letters and phone calls from the bayliffs for a while now, while pretending not to be in when they visit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6