You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The Catcher in the Rye 
Cover features a drawing of a carousel horse (pole visible entering the neck and exiting below on the chest) with a city skyline visible in the distance under the hindquarters. The cover is two-toned: everything below the horse is whitish while the horse and everything above it is a reddish orange. The title appears at the top in yellow letters against the reddish orange background. It is split into two lines after "Catcher". At the bottom in the whitish background are the words "a novel by J. D. Salinger".
First edition cover

The Catcher in the Rye is a novel by J.D. Salinger. It was originally intended for adults but is often read by adolescents for its themes of angst, alienation and as a critique on superficiality in society. The novel's protagonist, Holden Caulfield, has become an icon for teenage rebellion. The novel also deals with complex issues of innocence, identity, belonging, loss, connection, sex, and depression.

Hmmm. Our friendly GOT poster couldn’t pick something lighter for an internet alias?

2 minutes ago, coachpotato said:
The Catcher in the Rye 
Cover features a drawing of a carousel horse (pole visible entering the neck and exiting below on the chest) with a city skyline visible in the distance under the hindquarters. The cover is two-toned: everything below the horse is whitish while the horse and everything above it is a reddish orange. The title appears at the top in yellow letters against the reddish orange background. It is split into two lines after "Catcher". At the bottom in the whitish background are the words "a novel by J. D. Salinger".
First edition cover

The Catcher in the Rye is a novel by J.D. Salinger. It was originally intended for adults but is often read by adolescents for its themes of angst, alienation and as a critique on superficiality in society. The novel's protagonist, Holden Caulfield, has become an icon for teenage rebellion. The novel also deals with complex issues of innocence, identity, belonging, loss, connection, sex, and depression.

Hmmm. Our friendly GOT poster couldn’t pick something lighter for an internet alias?

It is the ultimate performative pile of wank that A-level students read. A narcissistic whinging cunt, loved and adored by pretentious whinging cunts. It is a pile of shit, I fucking hated it and continue to hate it to this day - it is the type of wank that cunts in Donkey Jackets read, they are all budding incels - who's failures in life evolve around other people. 

It is the perfect novel for pseudo intellectual cunts. And from reading this thread, him. 

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

the book that cunt was holding when he shot one of Liverpools finest sons. Considering this fucking virgin isn't from the city (and has probably never been) he's sticking a dig in from the off. 

You are right! I think he used the book as his 'statement'. He's clearly a Morrisey fan as well. Although I guess he keeps that quiet now. 

44 minutes ago, Jockey said:

It is the ultimate performative pile of wank that A-level students read. A narcissistic whinging cunt, loved and adored by pretentious whinging cunts. It is a pile of shit, I fucking hated it and continue to hate it to this day - it is the type of wank that cunts in Donkey Jackets read, they are all budding incels - who's failures in life evolve around other people. 

It is the perfect novel for pseudo intellectual cunts. And from reading this thread, him. 

I gave up reading it after a couple of chapters. Fucking weird story and then the connection to a complete freak who killed John Lennon. 

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

26 years

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
lol lollol

They dont want FSG out after they tried to destroy English football...they just want to be part of the crew that tried to do that.

FFS, these people are ridiculous and beyond contempt.

IT MEANS LESS

I think is going to get quite messy for them actually. I notice they seem to have pulled away from that Konate deal, which can only suggest to me they didn't want to/didn't have the funds available to sign him. That was before the £300m windfall they knew that was coming down the line.

At a cultural level they are now very split. I don't think they really know what to do with FSG. You kind of have the scab end of their fanbase, that essentially fine comfortabe with what they did but too scared to voice it (as the politburu have decided it is now a bad thing) you've then got those who are fewming about it all but don't want to launch into a full insurrection against FSG. Finally you've got those who are really angry and want them gone- and tats very mucthe way SOS and Spion Kop are going.

As fanbases go they seem to struggle when they don't all have the same thing to parrot. For a fanbase that is so diverse I'm always surprised they depend upon such singularity on outlook. I think this disunity will hurt them, and it's only likely to get worse in the summer as they have little to spend and the likes of City and Chelsea pull further way.

The curveball in this is if Klopp goes. Then you're at H & G territory.

How do you have this much time to know so much about us?

The turds are having their best season in decades, a win at Anfield and a win at Arsenal this season is something they have not achieved since last century.

Meanwhile we are having a dogshit season, can't score for toffee and a lot of our players have forgotten how to play football. 

And we are still above them. 

10 hours ago, Poster said:

The turds are having their best season in decades, a win at Anfield and a win at Arsenal this season is something they have not achieved since last century.

Meanwhile we are having a dogshit season, can't score for toffee and a lot of our players have forgotten how to play football. 

And we are still above them. 

And have benefitted greatly by VAR this season like last night when Arsenal were awarded a pen  that was overruled thanks to fuck knows what being offside 

Ezrz0BnWUAYLDxq?format=jpg&name=medium

From Arsenal Mania’s match thread. At least someone else is onto them.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Just gonna say this, for the benefit of any Everton fans reading this, your team stinks to high heaven. As a club, you don't get anywhere near enough abuse for your failures. Dreadful club.
  • Upvote 6

18 hours ago, coachpotato said:
The Catcher in the Rye 
First edition cover

Quite a lot of red there. Have the Christmas tree police got onto this yet? Red, white, yellow and a bit of black. I almost see a closet red. Red Rye. 

• Upvote 1