You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

19 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

He's also tagged all the Everton players, Carlo Ancelotti and Dave Prentice in on his original Heysel piece. Also said Liverpool should be banned from Europe until they get new owners with morals. 

Like their owner who kept trying to get a low interest loan off the council whilst living in Monaco and paying no tax.

Liverpool and only Liverpool of course. If our owners (and by extension, LFC) hadn't been involved in any of this, you wouldn't get any blooshite calling for the removal of club owners that were involved in it. The morals argument would never come up.

The modern breed of Everton fan sees no problem sympathising with human rights abusers because, let's face it, they see nothing wrong with forcing their offspring to follow the blooshite.

13 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

the European Super League…

flashandy56 flashandy56
4 hours ago

Advertisements

What a last 72 hours it has been, a 72 hours that saw an incredible level of naivety, greed and self-interest from the ownership and Boards of Directors of twelve football clubs.

On Saturday and Sunday, the football world was rocked to its foundations by the audacious plans of a select group of clubs, and in England, fans, all the other clubs, politicians and even royalty were aghast at the prospect of the game as we knew it being torn asunder.

Come Tuesday morning and Everton Football Club issued a strongly worded statement utterly condemning the actions of the twelve and especially the English six, the remaining 14 Premier League clubs consulted and by early evening two clubs, Chelsea and Manchester City withdrew from the ESL and by late evening, it’s launch had failed, the ESL has crashed and burned as the remaining English clubs withdrew and it was believed Inter Milan were about to too.

On the respected Everton Business Matters podcast, that published an ESL Special Edition on Tuesday, it was strongly recommended and suggested that fans the length and breadth of the country contact their clubs, members of parliament etc to express their feelings and it is that vein that I share here with you, the thoughts I penned to my football club – Everton.

“I trust you don’t mind me contacting you over what’s gone on in the last 72-96 hours with the Sleazy Six and the rest of the Dirty Dozen but, I felt a serious need to let the club know my feelings.

Firstly, I want to go on record in thanking the club for the statement issued Tuesday morning that clearly nailed the Everton colours to the mast. Without question, it was written in the best traditions of Everton FC and I applaud unreservedly all those who contributed to the wording.

In similar fashion, I wish to thank Denise Barrett-Baxendale for the communication she issued and Mr.Moshiri for the sentiments he expressed in his short interview on TalkSport.

As a football fan, I was and still am utterly disgusted and fiercely angry at the actions of the twelve clubs, most notably Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United, the latter two’s primary involvement didn’t surprise me in the slightest though if I’m honest. Manchester City and Chelsea probably thought best to sign up, Spurs under Daniel Levy would seemingly sell their own mothers to achieve some form of glory.

Where I really, really, really have a problem is with what happens now and in the forthcoming weeks and months ahead of the 21/22 season?

Are these six clubs going to be reprimanded and how severely will that be if they are ?

A slap on the wrists and everything carries on as previously will be completely and totally unacceptable to myself and I suspect thousands if not millions of other football fans, including fans of those six clubs.

Can their current ownerships and indeed Boards of Directors be permitted to remain in situ – I fail to see how they can as I personally wouldn’t trust a word that came out of any of their mouths. I honestly cannot for the life of me see how the likes of Dalglish and Ferguson as directors of Liverpool and Manchester United were not aware of what was happening over the course of last weekend.

This move by these twelve clubs didn’t spring up overnight, it had to have been in the planning for weeks if not months, and for those two and any other director of the six English clubs, indeed all twelve, to claim they knew nothing is simply farcical to my mind. If they truly were not aware then they are incompetent to be directors of any kind of business, let alone top flight football clubs. And if they were aware and chose to keep quiet about it and await the fallout, then shame on them.

So, will the rest of the Premier League clubs remove the footballing licenses from the Sleazy Six to preclude them from playing and stand together resolutely and demand change of ownerships/BoDs before licenses are issued again, and decisions taken at what their re-entry level might be?

In the meantime, the managers, players and staff should be permitted to seek employment elsewhere it wasn’t their fault, and the clubs barred from PL, FA and UEFA competitions – they simply cannot be allowed to continue as though nothing has happened.

Points deductions and massive fines would be a major starting point to any punishments, and I feel a ban from European competition for a minimum of ten years – or until such time as the complete change of ownership/BoDs is completed – would be completely in order.

Others are talking about whether the Sleazy Six should be automatically relegated to the EFL Championship, and I don’t agree with this and I’ll explain why I would utterly reject this… It’s been suggested that relegating the six would see only a maximum of three return at the first bite of the cherry, it’s been suggested that the six playing in the Championship would make that a more attractive product than present and provide a much needed boost to the coffers of the other clubs with larger attendances and likely a more lucrative TV deal  for the Championship.

All of this might be true but, and it’s a huge but to my mind, if this were to happen, then sooner or later the Sleazy Six would be lauded – most probably by Sky first and TalkSport second – as the ‘saviours and benefactors of the Championship.’ In effect they would go from the sleaze that tried to wreck the Premier League through martyrdom to being ‘heroes’ – the very thought of the punishment of relegation springboarding them back to being the media darlings they currently are is utterly abhorrent to me.

And returning to my suggesting a ten-year ban from European competitions for these clubs, it should never, ever, ever be forgotten that amongst others, Everton FC were denied the chance to continue in Europe and compete for the European Cup with arguably our best ever team and one of if not THE best team in Europe at that time when we were banned from Europe by the decision of the Thatcher government following the Heysel riots and deaths.

Only a couple of weeks prior to that as I’m sure you’re aware, we had been to Rotterdam, 40,000 of us behaved ourselves, won the praise of the Dutch police for our behaviour and friendliness, and Everton rightly won the Cup Winners Cup… only to be banned through no fault of our own or making for FIVE years. Our team broke up, we lost the services of our greatest manager – Everton FC, and others, were punished way beyond unjustly.

I know these last few sentences smack of the sourest of grapes and my harbouring a near 40-year grudge but, I do and I will never, ever forget of forgive the action of the Liverpool support on that infamous evening, and the actions of the Sleazy Six culminating in the farce of the last 24 hours have struck far too many raw nerves within my aging frame.

Feel free to pass my thoughts to the Board of Directors and the rest of the Everton staff.

Best regards,

Andy”

Advertisements

I get the feeling that this guy might self harm - the level of suppressed rage in this deranged missive indicates that the author isn't operating at a stable mental level. The green ink tone of his literary scream makes me wonder just how heavily football failure features in the triggering of the psychopathic individual. I feel that this guy uses his detestation of Liverpool as a cover for some other trauma in his life - maybe he was abused by a man wearing a red sweater when he was a boy and the correlation of that particular colour with 'bad things' has haunted him.

No matter - it just isn't normal, even by the Ashworth entry level of behaviour set by his blue bretheren. He's probably run out of Pot Noodles, smoked his last last rolly, misspelled 'Nil Satis' on his attempted self inked arm tatoo, damaged his spinal column trying to bite his own knob off and decided it was time he wrote to 'Mosh' ...... about 'the Redshite' .....again.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

As ever 'We're DESPERATE for relevance and attention'

They’re desperate for us to not get any attention because it makes them want to give up football. Unless it’s attention for the wrong reasons when they couldn’t be happier.

15 minutes ago, torahboy said:

I get the feeling that this guy might self harm - the level of suppressed rage in this deranged missive indicates that the author isn't operating at a stable mental level. The green ink tone of his literary scream makes me wonder just how heavily football failure features in the triggering of the psychopathic individual. I feel that this guy uses his detestation of Liverpool as a cover for some other trauma in his life - maybe he was abused by a man wearing a red sweater when he was a boy and the correlation of that particular colour with 'bad things' has haunted him.

No matter - it just isn't normal, even by the Ashworth entry level of behaviour set by his blue bretheren. He's probably run out of Pot Noodles, smoked his last last rolly, misspelled 'Nil Satis' on his attempted self inked arm tatoo, damaged his spinal column trying to bite his own knob off and decided it was time he wrote to 'Mosh' ...... about 'the Redshite' .....again.

But he's made up his club is run by a tax avoider in Moshiri and, bankrolled under the counter by Usmanov, according to all his blue nose mates. And absolutely no shame at trying to get a £350m stadium for free via the Liverpool Commonwealth Games bid not to mention obliterating a World Heritage site because it's 'the right thing to do.' Hypocrisy? nah.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

But he's made up his club is run by a tax avoider in Moshiri and, bankrolled under the counter by Usmanov, according to all his blue nose mates. And absolutely no shame at trying to get a £350m stadium for free via the Liverpool Commonwealth Games bid. Hypocrisy? nah.

The 'break up' of Everton after the European ban is another myth they peddle. They bought the best English goal scorer of the time, strengthening the team, before gaining runners up places in both the league and the FA Cup. The conclusion they draw from winning the ECWC that they were ready to dominate the continent would appear to be another delusion as Liverpool were still English football's supreme team. 

I hope they read some of this shit ..... just to keep their fume levels topped up.

20 minutes ago, torahboy said:

The 'break up' of Everton after the European ban is another myth they peddle. They bought the best English goal scorer of the time, strengthening the team, before gaining runners up places in both the league and the FA Cup. The conclusion they draw from winning the ECWC that they were ready to dominate the continent would appear to be another delusion as Liverpool were still English football's supreme team. 

I hope they read some of this shit ..... just to keep their fume levels topped up.

Of course they read this thread - most of the shite posted by the likes of Catcher and Davek is aimed more towards us and other Liverpool fans lurking there than to their own fellow GOT members. They know what they say is bollocks, as do the people replying and agreeing. They also know that as long as we're noticing and reacting on here it's job done.

It's just high level cognitive dissonance - it is impressive really. Their ability to ignore and forget their own shortcomings and misdemeanours and focus on just ours is Trump level expertise. That is what they are - fanatics. Utter fucking loons. 

de82286fef3809c324bf2db72381666e.jpg

You've got to fight for what you want For all that you believe It's right to fight for what we want To live the way we please As long as we have done our best Then no one can do more And life and love and happiness Are well worth fighting for And we should never count the cost Or worry that we'll fall It's better to have fought and lost Than not have fought at all Let's always take whatever comes And never try to hide Face everything and anyone Together side by side You've got to fight for what you want For all that you believe It's right to fight for what we want To live the way we please As long as we have done our best Then no one can do more And life and love and happiness Are well worth fighting for They're well worth fighting for!!

6 hours ago, Total Longo said:

It's bugged me for 16 years that, similarly how Heysel appears to now be universally accepted by them as being solely responsible for their decline, forgetting the fact that they bagged Lineker after Heysel, managed to win a second league title two years after Heysel, whilst at exactly the same time we started to put together arguably our greatest ever side (at that point at least). 

Of course the ban didn't help them but it didn't help anyone. Accept it was also bad management, bad recruitment and bad performances that contributed to the decline and i'm happy to discuss it.

Exactly right on bad management and bad recruitment. I’d say Colin Harvey’s spell as manager was every bit as bad as Souness’s was for us. They spent a lot of money on Cottee, Snodin, McCall, Nevin, Atteveld etc and none of them were particularly successful.

I’d say losing Sir John Moores’ as benefactor hit them harder than Heysel. Sir Philip Carter leaving in 1991 was probably a big miss as well as they really drifted under the chairmanship of Dr David Marsh, just as the Premier League was establishing itself, and then Peter Johnson was basically hounded from his position because he’d had the temerity of once having a season ticket for Liverpool. They failed to update their stadium despite all the new PL money they were receiving, and then Kenwright took over and he just wasn’t rich enough for the modern game. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I thought it was Liverpool fans who only start petitions???

Replied to that telling him they've been earning a bigger wedge than they'd otherwise get due to the Greedy6's international popularity for years.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

You've got to fight for what you want For all that you believe It's right to fight for what we want To live the way we please As long as we have done our best Then no one can do more And life and love and happiness Are well worth fighting for And we should never count the cost Or worry that we'll fall It's better to have fought and lost Than not have fought at all Let's always take whatever comes And never try to hide Face everything and anyone Together side by side You've got to fight for what you want For all that you believe It's right to fight for what we want To live the way we please As long as we have done our best Then no one can do more And life and love and happiness Are well worth fighting for They're well worth fighting for!!

Auld fucker......

I came across that on YouTube recently.  Fuck me did that bring back some memories.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, torahboy said:

That's fucking quality !

On 21/04/2021 at 15:00, PrivateParts said:

I'm happy with the idea of them wearing a badge as founding members of the Football League, provided they play in the Football League. 

Here's the thing though, who would have an issue with them having that badge? Well in, have a clap. Not letting them have their "first" is the type of small mindedness that allowed the PL to block is from wearing our world champions badge. Good for them, they were first and if that's what makes them happy, let them have it because they're Everton, they can't enjoy the now. 

On 21/04/2021 at 23:02, Doctor Troy said:

He's a member of some 80s footy page on Facebook. Every time Heysel gets mentioned he's straight on there and knows more about Heysel than some of the Belgian prosecutors.

Wound him up once saying he's like Marty McFly and can't stop talking about 1985.

What a shout. That’s getting used at every opportunity now 

• Upvote 1