You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

They weren't an elite club beforehand, either! Nottingham Forrest and Aston Villa had more legitimate claims to that status... 

Also, of course,  not competing at an elite level in those 5 years may have been through no fault of their own; but their failure to be an elite club in the 30 years since their ban ended was entirely on them.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Someone needs to give this cunt a good battering (and I don't mean Henderson). 

Years ago, Mad Magazine did a thing on why you'll never win with a bigot.  It was a series of two-panel cartoons in which a bigot makes some appalling racist/sexist/homophobic/whatever statement; then, when something happens that proves the opposite of that statement, they come up with some other bigoted nonsense to explain that. 

Catcher is a bigot. Best to just ignore the gormless shit.

These two faced cunts would have been round the ESL like flies on shit if they'd have been asked to join. 

"Our new stadium would mean we're an elite club so they had to invite us"

"There couldn't be a ESL without us" 

"As a ESL club this will take us to the next level" 

bml.gif

Eggs

Eggs

Player Valuation: £70m
Posters on here will know I frequently point out our status as one of the founder members of English football is swept under the carpet. It’s such a magnificent achievement, I have suggested that founder member clubs should have permanent insignia on their shirts to commemorate their status in the game.

With the rotten core that has risen in the last days, the timing could be right for the FA & PL to stop kissing the feet of the ‘Big Six’ and acknowledge the debt owed to clubs like Everton who continue to uphold the values of the game in 2021 just as they did when they were signatories to the birth of our great game so long ago.

They can have their self-acclaimed ‘Big Six’ tag, it’s about time we were recognised as one of the Originals, one of the greats. We should start a campaign.

Last edited: 

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:
bml.gif

Eggs

Eggs

Posters on here will know I frequently point out our status as one of the founder members of English football is swept under the carpet. It’s such a magnificent achievement, I have suggested that founder member clubs should have permanent insignia on their shirts to commemorate their status in the game.

With the rotten core that has risen in the last days, the timing could be right for the FA & PL to stop kissing the feet of the ‘Big Six’ and acknowledge the debt owed to clubs like Everton who continue to uphold the values of the game in 2021 just as they did when they were signatories to the birth of our great game so long ago.

They can have their self-acclaimed ‘Big Six’ tag, it’s about time we were recognised as one of the Originals, one of the greats. We should start a campaign.

Last edited: 

I'll be made up if they get that. I can just see Messi's unveiling in the summer:

"All my life, all the time I was winning everything at Barcelona and breaking records left, right and centre, I dreamed of wearing the Badge of the Founding Member on my sleeve. I'm grateful to the famous People's Club to finally realise this dream."

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:
bml.gif

Eggs

Eggs

Last edited: 

I'm happy with the idea of them wearing a badge as founding members of the Football League, provided they play in the Football League.