You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Just been trying to find something about this but can’t find anything. Is this true? Link? 

I may well have uncovered this when researching something else (without sounding more of a nob head than I usually do, I've a PhD in sports and so research a few different areas), I genuinely can't remember. I do know I was told this but can't remember if it was via Tony Mason, Richard Holt etc., or I read it. I know it was a while ago but was convinced of its legitimacy at that time (that it wasn't just urban legend or an unsubstantiated anecdote). It's exactly why the idea of "us" doing the coffin thing in the first place came about I'm imagining - as a retort to what had happened before. If it was just us doing it of our own bat and they'd never done anything I still wouldn't be arsed, so it's not me seeking to explain, rationalise or defend the coffin idea if any bitters are reading.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Peter Cormack said:

I’m pretty sure that it was Liverpool supporterswho held the mock funeral in 1954, not Evertonians; we joined them in division 2 when we went down. 

I think they got promoted in 54 when we went down didn’t they? 

8 hours ago, Peter Cormack said:

I’m pretty sure that it was Liverpool supporterswho held the mock funeral in 1954, not Evertonians; we joined them in division 2 when we went down. 

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I think they got promoted in 54 when we went down didn’t they? 

Going slightly off topic but how brilliant must it have been knocking them out of the cup in 1955 at Goodison Park 4-0 ?

Must rank as one of the greatest ever derby wins as they were 5th in division 1 and we were 16th in division 2 and in front of a crowd of 72,000....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

Going slightly off topic but how brilliant must it have been knocking them out of the cup in 1955 at Goodison Park 4-0 ?

Must rank as one of the greatest ever derby wins as they were 5th in division 1 and we were 16th in division 2 and in front of a crowd of 72,000....

Hat trick for Charlie Charles.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Say that to them and you'll get hit with "it would be over 300 if it wasn't for Heysel "

I saw that the other day. Then someone asked had they been banned since 1991 when all English teams were allowed back in. 

Apart from that CWC win in 1985 they must have one of the worst European records out of all the English clubs. That is when they actually qualify on average once every 5 or 6 years.

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
www.bbc.co.uk

Liverpool duo receive racist abuse online

Liverpool say racist abuse on social media "cannot be allowed to continue" after Trent Alexander-Arnold and Naby Keita are both targeted.
www.bbc.co.uk www.bbc.co.uk

Social media abuse: Trent Alexander-Arnold and Naby Keita receive racist emojis on Instagram

They really are a weird bunch aren't they? One minute they are running an embaressing campaign to make out Arnold is some undroppable world class full back. The next they are racially abusing him for making more costly mistakes.

I sort of think one leads to the other. They have a completely unrealistic expectation of their players, and when they almosyt inevitably fail to live up to it, it just brings out the inner racist in most of them (or sexist/homophobe) any sort of bigot really.

Surely they'd be a lot happier not veering from- he's a world class right back to- racist abuse in 24 hours? Like appreciate he's a talented decent young right back, who makes mistakes but also delivers a good cross. He's trying his best, and he certainly doesn't deserve racial abuse just because he can't live up to the ludicrous pedastal they've stuck him on.