You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

50 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yeah but what about Heysel????

Pretty pathetic dragging up Echo articles from 2000s or Ferdinand quotes from the 90s to try to score a point about Everton being racist.... *

* I am agreeing with your point, but I have had the above thrown at me about racism, without a single shred (I know) of self awareness in relation to Heysel.  

6 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Pretty pathetic dragging up Echo articles from 2000s or Ferdinand quotes from the 90s to try to score a point about Everton being racist.... *

* I am agreeing with your point, but I have had the above thrown at me about racism, without a single shred (I know) of self awareness in relation to Heysel.  

When logic meets Everton fans

Wrong Socket Plug Connector Stock Vector - Illustration of connection,  compatible: 44184395

48 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's grim and difficult to play one upmanship on it, whether we like it or not both clubs reflect upon the city.

I agree Bobby which makes it all the more bizarre when Everton fans take great joy in us being called victims, wallowing in self pity and bin-dippers while lacking the self-awareness to realise that it’s a dig at the city .

I mean I only saw this tweet the other day as I was lurking on a few bitter pages and it had been retweeted which is a bit rich from a City fan taking the moral high ground over owners behaviour.

So we actually made people homeless ? They know it’s a lie we know it’s a lie but they post it anyway .

MCFC Vision
@MCFC_Vision
When Liverpool did some work on their stadium, they made people homeless.. Everton are building a new stadium on a site that needs serious investment and creating 15,000 new jobs. I call this the People’s Club!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MCFC_Vision

There is a level....

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I agree Bobby which makes it all the more bizarre when Everton fans take great joy in us being called victims, wallowing in self pity and bin-dippers while lacking the self-awareness to realise that it’s a dig at the city .

I mean I only saw this tweet the other day as I was lurking on a few bitter pages and it had been retweeted which is a bit rich from a City fan taking the moral high ground over owners behaviour.

So we actually made people homeless ? They know it’s a lie we know it’s a lie but they post it anyway .

MCFC Vision
@MCFC_Vision
When Liverpool did some work on their stadium, they made people homeless.. Everton are building a new stadium on a site that needs serious investment and creating 15,000 new jobs. I call this the People’s Club!

There is a level....

And it's a great inaccuracy never mind an outright lie. No one was made homeless.

We could debate the rights and wrongs of moving people out of houses to build a new stand, similar things happen all over the country when building new roads, railway lines and other infrastructure.

But, in the case of the stadium improvements, no one was made homeless. Every one was re housed. Some even made a very nice profit, on some pretty shabby housing stock, it has to be said.

As for the claim shite are building a new stadium on a site that "needs serious investment," that's what we do with world heritage sites now, is it, just disregard the heritage status and build on it? I cannot wait to see St Kilda, Hadrian's Wall, Stonehenge etc all have new stadiums built on them.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Stickman said:

MCFC Vision
@MCFC_Vision

There is a level....

And Manchester City were gifted an athletics arena in the middle of nowhere (at the time) so they could move out of the crumbling Maine Road.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I dunno about Liverpool fans being as racist as Everton, and I don't mean that in the sense as aren't we better people than them, but the culture of the clubs evolved differently. John Barnes would have had a huge impact on the mindset of any Liverpool fan who embraced lazy racism, the type that was pretty commonplace everywhere back then.

He was your hero, how could you have a go at him, or how could you tolerate someone else having a go at him? 

By contrast, Everton probably saw him as a low hanging fruit they could abuse, and did.. I suspect the garden path forked at that point. 

Even now with the likes of Sallah in the side, there was a report a year or so back that it had led to a drop in islamophobia in the city. One man can have a huge impact, especially when they're a hero.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Even now with the likes of Sallah in the side, there was a report a year or so back that it had led to a drop in islamophobia in the city. One man can have a huge impact, especially when they're a hero.

I did quite enjoy the juxtaposition of opposition fans calling Salah a terrorist and a bomber with our fans singing this

From their own official website

Goodison remains largely unchanged since the development of the Park End stand - although terraced housing behind the new stand was purchased and demolished in the late 1990s to accomodate additional parking and the erection of a marquee that provides additional matchday hospitality facilities. The ground capacity is now 39,572.

51 minutes ago, Pete said:

And Manchester City were gifted an athletics arena in the middle of nowhere (at the time) so they could move out of the crumbling Maine Road.

city were virtually bankrupt back then, Maine Road was valued at £6m which is quite a sum considering it was Moss Side after all.

The Commonwealth Games stadium cost about £110m when built back in 2002. Virtually bankrupt manchester city managed to find or fund, another £25m to fully convert the Games stadium into a football one.

At best, city got gifted a stadium costing £110m at 2002 figures in exchange for the £6m shithole that was Maine Road. Fuck knows where virtually bankrupt city legitimately got another £25m from. They also got it virtually rent free except when crowds went above about 35,000.

And these cunts have the cheek to say we 'broke' UEFA's FFP by including the failed Stanley Park stadium costs in our accounts in a period we were not even in Europe. Cunts the lot of them who all piss in the same pot.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's grim and difficult to play one upmanship on it, whether we like it or not both clubs reflect upon the city.

This is why they're comfortable about doing it. It's not just bluster when they say stupid shit like we're all Norwegians. They genuinely believe it. They genuinely believe theirs is the club of the city, ours is the club of the tourists. It's part of why they say we're a cult h someone built an evil empire and people from all over the world are drawn to it. Meanwhile chipper old Everton are where the real scousers are at. Where football is concerned, evertonians are quite fucking mental. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I dunno about Liverpool fans being as racist as Everton, and I don't mean that in the sense as aren't we better people than them, but the culture of the clubs evolved differently. John Barnes would have had a huge impact on the mindset of any Liverpool fan who embraced lazy racism, the type that was pretty commonplace everywhere back then.

He was your hero, how could you have a go at him, or how could you tolerate someone else having a go at him? 

By contrast, Everton probably saw him as a low hanging fruit they could abuse, and did.. I suspect the garden path forked at that point. 

Spot on that. Anfield was as racist as anywhere in the country until the summer of 1987. Someone has posted about  that "trigger, trigger, trigger" chant at Heskey in the 2000s. But pre 1987, that was a common chant on the kop. Barnes changed all that in a heartbeat because he was fucking brilliant. I dread to think what would have happened had Barnes not been brilliant. It would have set black players (and fans) back at our club years, in just the way it did at Everton when they signed a black player in the 90s (can't remember who that was now, bakayoko maybe?). 

A reflection of the attitude across the city at the time (and I've posted this before), is back in those days I had been on a YTS and my boss said to me after we signed Barnes "what do you think of you signing a nigger?". I wasn't shocked by the question, the topic of Liverpool (or Everton) signing a black player, while not being quite Mo Johnstone to rangers territory, it was certainly a similar style of talking point if not quite the same hatred. 

• Upvote 1

Amokachi wasn't it? The club had to come out on record and say they didn't sign him as a token signing. 

When I grew up as a kid in the 90's I don't remember any of my parents or others saying things like "p*ki shop" or the N word. Racism just wasn't part of my upbringing and although I heard a few shouts at the game or the odd arse-hole it just wasn't prevalent. Joining the navy opened my eyes quite a bit in that regards and living down south definitely did. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

"Probably the worst thing I have encountered in my professional career has been racist letters coming from supporters - most of which, I have to say, have come from Everton fans.

"After I scored that hat-trick against them over the Easter period, the letters I got back were disgusting," he added.

From a time before Twitter.

6 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Everton last night denied they are the most racist club in the country.

Ferdinand isn't the only one.   I'm pretty sure I've seen an interview with a Bolton player from the 90s (maybe Ricardo Gardner) saying that Goodison was the place he got the most racist abuse.

52 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Wonder how the peoples club managed to knock down these houses and build the Park End without forcing them out of their houses and making them homeless like der redshite did with the main stand?

Screenshot_20210402-170018_Facebook.jpg

I posted the paragraph on their own official website earlier mate. Literally says they bought and demolished houses to build the new stand. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I posted the paragraph on their own official website earlier mate. Literally says they bought and demolished houses to build the new stand. 

But there must have been some mythical magic way that they did it without making people homeless because they are the people's club and do things the right way, unlike der fucking redshite. 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

But there must have been some mythical magic way that they did it without making people homeless because they are the people's club and do things the right way, unlike der fucking redshite. 

As far as they're concerned we bulldozed houses round Anfield with the occupants still in bed like some Israeli military building firm in Gaza. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

As far as they're concerned we bulldozed houses round Anfield with the occupants still in bed like some Israeli military building firm in Gaza. 

We sent Suarez and Gerrard in to bite and punch all the residents then got that lad from Southport who blew up the Liver buildings to fire rockets at their house.