You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

Am I being thick? What does that sign mean? What’s YSB? The 26 years is since 1995 I get, but the mancs have put that up in the brick and the bluenoses have let them?

You Scouse bastards.

And the 26 is a reference to how long it's been since we won the league.

It's from a few years ago obviously.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, belarus said:

Am I being thick? What does that sign mean? What’s YSB? The 26 years is since 1995 I get, but the mancs have put that up in the brick and the bluenoses have let them?

It was for the first leg of the Europa League game in 2016. At that time we had gone 26 years without winning the league.

Their fans wanted a place to drink before the game, basically they couldn't go anywhere in town without getting filled in and no pub by Anfield would entertain them either. 

So they managed to ask the owners of the Brick by Everton's ground if they were allowed in. They said yes and even did a buffet for them. Even though they put the flag up "26 years you scouse bastards" and sung songs about burning scousers, the owners and regulars were perfectly ok with it as they think it was just aimed at der redshite. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It was for the first leg of the Europa League game in 2016. At that time we had gone 26 years without winning the league.

Their fans wanted a place to drink before the game, basically they couldn't go anywhere in town without getting filled in and no pub by Anfield would entertain them either. 

So they managed to ask the owners of the Brick by Everton's ground if they were allowed in. They said yes and even did a buffet for them. Even though they put the flag up "26 years you scouse bastards" and sung songs about burning scousers, the owners and regulars were perfectly ok with it as they think it was just aimed at der redshite. 

26 years You Scandinavian Bastards surely.

I have it on good authority that the redshite don't have any Scouse fans.

9 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

6234569E-A9B0-416D-A3FC-CEAD963AB7CA.jpeg

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, derykw said:

You Scouse bastards.

And the 26 is a reference to how long it's been since we won the league.

It's from a few years ago obviously.

15 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Ah yeah - I do remember that, but was thrown by the 26 years which dates to 95 from now.

Ignore me. Thanks both

23 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Thick as fuck all of them 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

She's been on the prosecco since 1 on a zoom baby shower. She's already had her first bite at me. I'm about to put that Creation records film on and I can feel the tension. Any minute now she's gonna kick off that the wall needs another coat or something.  Bluenose bastard 

Run for you life. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

She's been on the prosecco since 1 on a zoom baby shower. She's already had her first bite at me. I'm about to put that Creation records film on and I can feel the tension. Any minute now she's gonna kick off that the wall needs another coat or something.  Bluenose bastard 

Stig, are you ok, hun? Blink twice if you are being held against your will.  xxx

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

And even though being runners up isn’t cool, we have had some unbelievable rides getting there.

At the end of the 2018/19 league season (before Madrid, obviously) a Bloo in work was trying to get a rise out of me because we hadn't won the league.  I had to point out to him that the league season has 38 matches and every one offers the prospect of feeling great because you've won or shite because you've lost. When you've won 30 and lost 1, you've got to consider it as a very enjoyable season.  (That year, they won 15 and lost 14, so...)

• Upvote 1