You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I thought I'd read the general feeling was that these positions should be used to guarantee group stage placement to champions of leagues that aren't consistently making it, but are well established European footballing nations. 

I thought we already had 4 teams go directly into the group stages? 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought we already had 4 teams go directly into the group stages

Yeah, which is why I didn't expect the format expansion to include further places for English clubs (outside of extreme circumstances - like if we win it and finish outside top 4 again).

My point is, although the revised format could see big sides getting a spare spot, it might not be how it works out in reality (there are a few clubs where it would prob happen though).  We could have no expectation of it, let alone European no-marks like the Ev.

If there is an allocation to certain sides, they need to quantify it (if top 10 in the coefficient rankings and fail to qualify through the league, for example).

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yeah, which is why I didn't expect the format expansion to include further places for English clubs (outside of extreme circumstances - like if we win it and finish outside top 4 again).

My point is, although the revised format could see big sides getting a spare spot, it might not be how it works out in reality (there are a few clubs where it would prob happen though).  We could have no expectation of it, let alone European no-marks like the Ev.

If there is an allocation to certain sides, they need to quantify it (if top 10 in the coefficient rankings and fail to qualify through the league, for example).

Well the we win it and finish outside the top 4 is already solved. Both the winners of the CL and EL are automatic entry to the groups and top seeded.too. I thought the whole drive from the super clubs was to get in the CL regardless of their domestic form. I think it's absolutely designed for clubs like ourselves - for seasons like this if we don't win the CL. 

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well the we win it and finish outside the top 4 is already solved. Both the winners of the CL and EL are automatic entry to the groups and top seeded.too. I thought the whole drive from the super clubs was to get in the CL regardless of their domestic form. I think it's absolutely designed for clubs like ourselves - for seasons like this if we don't win the CL. 

It definitely provides some contingency for it, but unless they formally lay out what criteria it follows I'm not sure it always will by default.

52 minutes ago, Pidge said:

It definitely provides some contingency for it, but unless they formally lay out what criteria it follows I'm not sure it always will by default.

The big clubs will insist on it being laid out in a way that's guarantees a place if any of the badge of honour clubs (plus man united) fail to qualify. 

4 hours ago, Pidge said:

I thought I'd read the general feeling was that these positions should be used to guarantee group stage placement to champions of leagues that aren't consistently making it, but are well established European footballing nations. 

I think two of the four extra spaces are supposed to be used like you say (e.g. Ajax has been mentioned as a club who might benefit) and the remaining two for the highest ranking clubs who miss out via their league placing in a particular season. Basically UEFA want to have four additional spaces to allocate to clubs likely to shore up the viewing figures. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, aws said:

I think two of the four extra spaces are supposed to be used like you say (e.g. Ajax has been mentioned as a club who might benefit) and the remaining two for the highest ranking clubs who miss out via their league placing in a particular season. Basically UEFA want to have four additional spaces to allocate to clubs likely to shore up the viewing figures. 

That helps, thanks. This is what I'd have said if I'd read the thing properly.

On 14/03/2021 at 10:14, AngryofTuebrook said:

Do we know yet if it was someone here who started that fire?

(Actually, looking at the GF, I'd be shocked if any of us would waste any delicious liquid accelerants on a mere arson attack.)

I was over walton hall park a few weeks ago, its all properly fenced off so its either some feral little rats or an insurance job. Of course in the mind of an evertonian it has to be us because you know we are jealous of them or something. 

Patrick Boyland
@Paddy_Boyland
Government has asked for more time to consider #EFC’s Bramley-Moore Dock stadium application. This does not mean project has been called in but does amount to an extension on the initial 21-day scrutiny period - which was due to expire tomorrow. Council saying this was expected No guidance yet on how much longer it will take

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He's right we wouldn't, anfield is our home. What he should be questioning is why they are building their stadium when they can't afford the shit hole they currently occupy.

Let them build it, let it be the noose around their neck, let see how they sell it out when the prices reflect a new stadium and not a 9 year old's ST that they have been using g for the past 20 years.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

they've sneaked through a share offering recently (or i didn't see it reported anyway). they've created a new 100,000 shares (previously 35,000), which i believe Moshiri will be using to write off some of the debt he is owed. 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00036624/filing-history

At the moment he has an asset worth about 450m, once they have spent 600m plus on their new ground he will then have an asset worth close to 500m. 

They have very small revenue streams, if they want to be a big club and sign  big club players and pay big club wages then their revenue is going to have to increase 100% and that might still not be enough due to the financial constraints a new stadium will bring.

Moshiri should know better, he was a minority shareholder in the arse when they built their stadium and the financial problems that brought them even though they were able to offset some of their stadium costs.

This is either a massive money laundering operation or the mosh is batshit crazy.

24 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

At the moment he has an asset worth about 450m, once they have spent 600m plus on their new ground he will then have an asset worth close to 500m. 

They have very small revenue streams, if they want to be a big club and sign  big club players and pay big club wages then their revenue is going to have to increase 100% and that might still not be enough due to the financial constraints a new stadium will bring.

Moshiri should know better, he was a minority shareholder in the arse when they built their stadium and the financial problems that brought them even though they were able to offset some of their stadium costs.

This is either a massive money laundering operation or the mosh is batshit crazy.

there is something that doesn't add up about it all. even uzmanov's involvement is pretty weird - like the sponsorship deals he has done. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56398966

PSG players Angel di Maria and Marquinhos have homes burgled during match

Last updated on.From the sectionEuropean Football

Angel Di Maria (left)
Angel di Maria (left) was substituted in the 62nd minute of Sunday's game

The family homes of Paris St-Germain players Angel di Maria and Marquinhos were burgled while the French champions played Nantes on Sunday.

Argentina midfielder Di Maria was substituted in the 62nd minute of the 2-1 defeat after being told about the incident.

His family were only aware their home had been burgled after it happened.

Brazil defender Marquinhos said his parents' home had also been burgled, adding that "nobody was hurt".

The public prosecutor in Nanterre said the Banditry Repression Brigade (BRB), a French anti-organised crime squad, had been tasked with the investigation into the incident at Di Maria's home. It looked into burglaries of the homes of PSG striker Mauro Icardi and goalkeeper Sergio Rico earlier this year.

The Versailles prosecutor will be involved in the Marquinhos case.

Former Manchester United player Di Maria was the victim of an attempted burglary while at his home in Cheshire in 2015.

Not content with rifling the homes of Bloos players while they're playing matches, dem Redshite bastards are now breaking lockdown rules and going over to France and burgling PSG players' homes. They were the same ones who tried to do di Maria's home when he was at Utd, ya know, and they've gone back to finish the job.