You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

i was listening to that Kieran Maguire podcast today and they had some Everton head of marketing and EIC on for an interview. honestly, you would think everton were the only club ever to do anything with the locals. fair play to them for doing it, i think what they do is great btw, but do they need to talk about it all the time? they're like cunts you've worked with who tell you they give 2 quid a month to oxfam and expect a pat on the back. fuck off. 

and that's another thing ... he was asked something like "it's not just a job is it, aren't you a supporter too" and he responded with this "i am a lifetime blue". why do they all need to say they're lifetime fans? what other type is there? almost everyone i have ever met in my life has only ever supported one club. i know someone who has spurs and fulham family and supported spurs till he was 6 then changed to fulham. and that's about as far from "life" as it gets.

and a final rant, he was banging on about how their ground might be a bit shit, but everyone says what a warm welcome they get. what do you think people are going to say? it's fucking shit here and you're all a bunch of frothing cunts? when people tell you at least the welcome is warm, it's because they literally can't find anything else positive to say about the experience and they feel sorry for you for living in a fucking wooden portaloo.  

in good news, apparently they're taking that siren they play before zcars to BMD. tits. 

They are weird the way they think they are the most unique set of fans in the world. They are the only ones who passionately follow their team, attend every game and all have a deep rooted sense of their clubs history. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They are weird the way they think they are the most unique set of fans in the world. They are the only ones who passionately follow their team, attend every game and all have a deep rooted sense of their clubs history. 

Their only unique trait is caring more about their city rivals than their own club. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

i was listening to that Kieran Maguire podcast today and they had some Everton head of marketing and EIC on for an interview. honestly, you would think everton were the only club ever to do anything with the locals. fair play to them for doing it, i think what they do is great btw, but do they need to talk about it all the time? they're like cunts you've worked with who tell you they give 2 quid a month to oxfam and expect a pat on the back. fuck off. 

and that's another thing ... he was asked something like "it's not just a job is it, aren't you a supporter too" and he responded with this "i am a lifetime blue". why do they all need to say they're lifetime fans? what other type is there? almost everyone i have ever met in my life has only ever supported one club. i know someone who has spurs and fulham family and supported spurs till he was 6 then changed to fulham. and that's about as far from "life" as it gets.

and a final rant, he was banging on about how their ground might be a bit shit, but everyone says what a warm welcome they get. what do you think people are going to say? it's fucking shit here and you're all a bunch of frothing cunts? when people tell you at least the welcome is warm, it's because they literally can't find anything else positive to say about the experience and they feel sorry for you for living in a fucking wooden portaloo.  

in good news, apparently they're taking that siren they play before zcars to BMD. tits. 

A siren? Like the start of Two Tribes by Frankie Goes to Hollywood? Great touch.

• Upvote 1

This is the opening post on a thread about 'what would you name the new stadium" 

MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Player Valuation: £35m
Seen this on Facebook and thought it’s a good thread.

You bidded and win the right to name our new stadium... so what do you pick?

I like Kopites Are Gobshite Stadium

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

They are weird the way they think they are the most unique set of fans in the world. They are the only ones who passionately follow their teams biggest rival, attend every game on a kids season ticket and all have a deep rooted sense of their clubs overblown importance in history. 

Fixed that for you good Dr.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fucks me right off all the exaggerated praise for EIC like no other club do anything for their local town or city, even our own fans fall for it.

And the Goodison salt of the earth warm welcome, the horrible frothing at the mouth kid throwing cunts should ask Les Ferdinand what he thinks about it.

Got to hand it to the cunts they’re great at controlling the media narrative especially locally something we don’t seem able to do or bother about.

10 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Fucks me right off all the exaggerated praise for EIC like no other club do anything for their local town or city, even our own fans fall for it.

And the Goodison salt of the earth warm welcome, the horrible frothing at the mouth kid throwing cunts should ask Les Ferdinand what he thinks about it.

Got to hand it to the cunts they’re great at controlling the media narrative especially locally something we don’t seem able to do or bother about.

I think we're not arsed. Which maybe is a good thing. Because of hate us to be like that. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This is the opening post on a thread about 'what would you name the new stadium" 

MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Player Valuation: £35m
Seen this on Facebook and thought it’s a good thread.

You bidded and win the right to name our new stadium... so what do you pick?

I like Kopites Are Gobshite Stadium

Conjugate the verb "to bid"!

Kiwi Hellenist: Bad Latin in the movies: Life of Brian (1979)

• Upvote 2

On 24/02/2021 at 17:14, Bjornebye said:

A quick look at their new stadium page on GOT. Currently discussing the benefits of having a 52k stadium instead of a 62k incase they don't sell out and having it not sell out will cost them money. 

Everton aren't they. 

They should really be discussing a 32k seater stadium in that case.

But they always sell out according to most Evertonians on social media and have a 17,000 waiting list for season tickets.

But never sell out for any Europa games and never fully sell out for cup games against lower league opposition even when they sell tickets for a fiver. The civil service sports group are always flogging half price tickets for them. You would think these 17,000 would be desperate to see the mighty blues. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

But they always sell out according to most Evertonians on social media and have a 17,000 waiting list for season tickets.

But never sell out for any Europa games and never fully sell out for cup games against lower league opposition even when they sell tickets for a fiver. The civil service sports group are always flogging half price tickets for them. You would think these 17,000 would be desperate to see the mighty blues. 

IF it gets built then they'll go down the City route of giving loads of tickets away to local schools.

21 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

IF it gets built then they'll go down the City route of giving loads of tickets away to local schools.

they won't be able to afford to do that. they need not only the stadium full & full price, but full of hospitality too and take all the concerts that LFC have lined up for the summer months unless Usmanov is going to sponsor the stadium to the tune of the repayment schedule. 

58 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Surely a risky time to be building it, who knows what percentage of capacity will be allowed in the coming years. We all hope the vaccine sorts everything out but who knows regarding mutations etc. 
Actually that would be a great name for it, The Mutant Aerodrome.

Look i dislike the blues as well but to call them mutations is a bit low, 

• Upvote 1