You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

51 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

They've had approval for a brand new stadium and pretty much every single one of them is more obsessed with how we are going to react to it. The most small time club ever. I couldn't give a flying fuck, they should have moved out of that disease ridden outside toilet years ago. It's a disgrace that stadium is being used in the premier league the fucking things a health hazard. 

Knew they would. Fucking rent free, they've been going on about the stadium since 2016.

In 1999 when they last won my daughter was not quite 1 she is 22 now.

I was a dashing 31 year old with hair and still able to to see my willy.

Our house was built and any first time buyers would have 3 years mortgage left.

Prince’s song still had some time in it.

Harry Potter and LOTR? Nope, not as films.

Oh and build your stadium no cunt cares. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is it approved though? I've just watched the BBC local news and they said they coucil has given permission and it's now been referred to jennrick. I thought the aim of HE, VS and UNESCO was exactly that?

Not 100% sure but I think it's been called in and the Council has only decided to support it. 

• Upvote 1

The council were never going t9 reject it, could you imagine the utter fume if they had.

If it happens  then great a run down area of the city is getting redeveloped although it’s not going to be too hot for the pubs and chippy’s around Goodison but I guess not giving a shit about local businesses is Kopite behaviour.

And if it doesn’t happen the the council just shrug and say “nowt to do with us we backed it”

Interesting that the figure of £500 million is bandied about when that was the cost in 2018.

And if Wembley Stadium, Millennium Dome and  HS2 teaches you anything then these sort of projects always wildly run over their initial costing 

Everton Bramley Moore Dock 'stadium costs escalate to £500m'

10 January 2018

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-42633561

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

The council were never going t9 reject it, could you imagine the utter fume if they had.

If it happens  then great a run down area of the city is getting redeveloped although it’s not going to be too hot for the pubs and chippy’s around Goodison but I guess not giving a shit about local businesses is Kopite behaviour.

And if it doesn’t happen the the council just shrug and say “nowt to do with us we backed it”

Interesting that the figure of £500 million is bandied about when that was the cost in 2018.

And if Wembley Stadium, Millennium Dome and  HS2 teaches you anything then these sort of projects always wildly run over their initial costing 

Everton Bramley Moore Dock 'stadium costs escalate to £500m'

10 January 2018

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-42633561

That's what they don't think of when they slag Liverpool off for running down the area. 

The area was bad anyway as no new houses were built for years. I know a couple of people who lived in Anfield for years and the council moved loads of problem families from other areas into their streets.

A lot of the properties that hung on were left to rot by their owners who wanted a big payday or opportunistic landlords wanting money for nothing.

Yet Everton are on their fourth stadium move, one of which was Kirkby who have only just got the investment in a Morrisons supermarket after Tesco pulled out because Everton didnt have the money to fulfill their end of the bargain.

They also wanted to build on a public par, something they moaned about us wanting to do. Then factor in the uncertainty of them moving since the late 90s and the area round their ground looking like Basra. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, aws said:

Not 100% sure but I think it's been called in and the Council has only decided to support it. 

The BBC seemed to say earlier, the council referred it to him and he now has 21 days to respond. So I think the next but isn't yes/no, if he does nothing, it is waved through and they have planning permission, if he flags it up, it can then drag on for years. Although surely the government don't care about the historical stuff if the city don't? You'd think the Tories would just be looking for ways to get their mates on the project so they've something else to milk after covid. 

14 hours ago, Total Longo said:

I see Amanda Holden is trying her best to win Evertonian of the year again, by letting her daughter take Diana Ross-esque woeful penno's 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/amanda-holden-everton-gylfi-sigurdsson-19886463

What you have to remember about Amanda Holden is that she has sucked Les Dennis off. Probably on numerous occasions. 

So there's an extreme likelihood that she's utterly deranged.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

The BBC seemed to say earlier, the council referred it to him and he now has 21 days to respond. So I think the next but isn't yes/no, if he does nothing, it is waved through and they have planning permission, if he flags it up, it can then drag on for years. Although surely the government don't care about the historical stuff if the city don't? You'd think the Tories would just be looking for ways to get their mates on the project so they've something else to milk after covid. 

Just had a quick look and I don't think it's a full call-in. It seems to be just a referral to see if he wants to get involved because of the heritage/conservation aspects. I'd be surprised if the govt. decides to get dragged into it as there doesn't seem a lot to be gained and it would go against their whole spiel about regenerating the regions. 

15 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Jesus, just beenreading a few comments on the Echo. Lots of blues have crawled out from under their stones, havent they? You'd think from the way they are crawing, they'd just won the title or the cl, not just won their first game at Anfield in 20 years.

If Liverpool had gone to their shithole and just won for the first time in 20 years, Id be keeping my head down out of embarassment of having such a record. Not the blues though, they have to go out and shout it from the roof top. 'Hey world, we hadnt won there for 20 years but we finally did.'

20210209_090516.thumb.jpg.30b35cd81407d17cd9d5541ad4a17079.jpg

9 hours ago, aws said:

Just had a quick look and I don't think it's a full call-in. It seems to be just a referral to see if he wants to get involved because of the heritage/conservation aspects. I'd be surprised if the govt. decides to get dragged into it as there doesn't seem a lot to be gained and it would go against their whole spiel about regenerating the regions. 

Yeah, that's what you'd think. I'd love there to be something to force Peel to investment and if they fail to, they lose the land. 

9 hours ago, No2 said:

Are the council still on the hook for 200m? I've watched enough Grand Designs to know building on water brings nothing but heart ache and spiralling costs. 

While I don't think the council backed out completely. Last a read the path to loan money for local government from central government has gone up in price and the rules tightened a little since it was 1st proposed the council would contribute. I think also back then the council would have been the sole landlord as it was before the costs went up to 500m. I think 300m was the top end of what the council could do, so it also changes the dynamics. In addition to this, I think by the time the council put their margin on the loan, it makes it more expensive for Everton than on the open market to borrow the money. It would seem unlikely moshiri hasn't got access to cheap money even if he can't get it for Everton directly. 

50 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, that's what you'd think. I'd love there to be something to force Peel to investment and if they fail to, they lose the land. 

While I don't think the council backed out completely. Last a read the path to loan money for local government from central government has gone up in price and the rules tightened a little since it was 1st proposed the council would contribute. I think also back then the council would have been the sole landlord as it was before the costs went up to 500m. I think 300m was the top end of what the council could do, so it also changes the dynamics. In addition to this, I think by the time the council put their margin on the loan, it makes it more expensive for Everton than on the open market to borrow the money. It would seem unlikely moshiri hasn't got access to cheap money even if he can't get it for Everton directly. 

I can see the council borrowing money to lend, they cost of borrowing may have gone up but is still considerably cheaper than going to the open market. It would then make a tidy profit for the council as well, remember it is capital not revenue they would be using.

They cannot use that capital money to prop up failing or struggling services but they can use the income from that loan to do this.

12 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

I can see the council borrowing money to lend, they cost of borrowing may have gone up but is still considerably cheaper than going to the open market. It would then make a tidy profit for the council as well, remember it is capital not revenue they would be using.

They cannot use that capital money to prop up failing or struggling services but they can use the income from that loan to do this.

The cost to the council is cheaper, but the cost to Everton won't be. 

7 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Is this getting built within the next 5 years realistically, yes or no?

Already been built....Apparently 

Jay
@JayShelley89

Anfield, Goodison Park & now Bramley Moore all built by one club. #EFC

https://mobile.twitter.com/JayShelley89/status/1364188000511475720

azul
@thechicoazul

I just can’t get over Everton building three stadiums to help progress this city and Big Red thinking they can just doss in one like a box room sponging off our toil & sweat. They need to get out there and pay their way. And no more knocking down communities while they’re at it

https://mobile.twitter.com/thechicoazul/status/1364201965174067203

12 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

All going well it makes a profit but there are plenty of scenarios that end in disaster here. If Uncle Uzzy is the real money behind them then that alone is fairly precarious. He's a Big Mac away from a heart attack or a wikileak away from being in jail. Add in the very real prospect of the costs doubling/trebling given the nature of the build and I wouldn't want my money any where near it. Final concern is the club themselves, they are running at unsustainable levels, they have shown reckless financial management for a number of years.