You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

9 minutes ago, torahboy said:

Still some work to be done on .... well, lots of things, it seems. Be a while longer before they get a spade in the water.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-stadium-news-bramley-moore-19568435

Just reads like a load of fucking excuses to me.

38 minutes ago, torahboy said:

Still some work to be done on .... well, lots of things, it seems. Be a while longer before they get a spade in the water.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-stadium-news-bramley-moore-19568435

If I remember rightly, Everton and Chippy Tits both insisted that the pandemic wouldn't delay the project - and Bloos believed it.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Turning their back on a song played over loudspeakers trying to copy Juventus fans who turned their back on a mosaic in 2005. 

And they say they are the "Originals"

I bet they'd wished they'd kept them like that 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

Why would you turn your back on something that isn't being aimed at or meant for you?

Fucking beauts.

'Cos we're proper blues lid, season ticket holders for the first club to be first at something whilst doing something to do with the royal blue Mersey (which we're definitely first at). Gotta show that we hate the RS, junior club in the city shower of bastards. Fuckin' Everton aren't we!

It's nuts how 4 year olds speak these days.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

'Cos we're proper blues lid, season ticket holders for the first club to be first at something whilst doing something to do with the royal blue Mersey (which we're definitely first at). Gotta show that we hate the RS, junior club in the city shower of bastards. Fuckin' Everton aren't we!

It's nuts how 4 year olds speak these days.

Is right, lad.....we are the originals. The redshite tourists all waving their little scarves and flags and that to that dirge and taking photies to show their mates in Norway and that are proper beauts.

We showed them good style though by turning our backs on them, the fucken bad biffs them.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, rb14 said:

That's ace from the Echo that...

"And Chong confirmed that, while he would never say never, he was confident there would be no more big changes to the plans as things stand.

"I would never say never" said Chong"

Hang on, run that past me one more time? 

Makes perfect sense he said he would never say never even though he did say never say never which came after saying he said he would never ever say never ever ....

tenor.gif

32 minutes ago, rb14 said:

That's ace from the Echo that...

"And Chong confirmed that, while he would never say never, he was confident there would be no more big changes to the plans as things stand.

"I would never say never" said Chong"

Run that past me one more time? 

I suppose his comments will give a quantum of solace to our neighbours. 

I don't work in construction or the planning department but surely this has got to be one of the longest and most drawn out projects in history. 

They've had about 3 full public consultations, had a backhander of £30m which has probably paid all the consultants they've hired. They've binned off the original architect, had an Echo article every other day about something minor that's happened, battled English Heritage and keep banging on about how it will regenerate a derelict Dockland. Yet they still need more consideration and want to do things the correct way. 

Everyone knows it will benefit the city and revitalise the area. I wish they would just get on and build the fucking thing instead of talking about it non stop. Anyone would think that they chose the most difficult location possible instead of the East Lancs road or Gartson so that as many obstacles as possible came up to prevent them making a start.

11 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I don't work in construction or the planning department but surely this has got to be one of the longest and most drawn out projects in history. 

They've had about 3 full public consultations, had a backhander of £30m which has probably paid all the consultants they've hired. They've binned off the original architect, had an Echo article every other day about something minor that's happened, battled English Heritage and keep banging on about how it will regenerate a derelict Dockland. Yet they still need more consideration and want to do things the correct way. 

Everyone knows it will benefit the city and revitalise the area. I wish they would just get on and build the fucking thing instead of talking about it non stop. Anyone would think that they chose the most difficult location possible instead of the East Lancs road or Gartson so that as many obstacles as possible came up to prevent them making a start.

So this is the funding option....they live in a Willy Wonka world. 

OneTrueLegend

Player Valuation: £30m

Monday at 12:24 PM

#67,923

MACCA75 said:

How are we paying for it? (Genuine question - as far as I’m aware we don’t have funding in place?)

I think that will be announced once the planning permission is granted. Based on the stadium costing between £500m and £600m I am expecting that we will sign a stadium naming rights deal with USM for 10 years worth £600m, to begin when the stadium is ready and use that deal to borrow the initial money against. USM have already invested around £30m for first dibs on the naming rights.