You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

They make a March hare and a box of frogs look like the United Nations.

What they are is a variant of the worst type of racist, homophobic, mysogynistic air wasters hidden behind the veil of a football supporter. Please don't give them the 'get out' of being insane, mad as a box of frogs etc. as that's clearly not the case. Unhappy people with hate-filled hearts and massive envy issues are not the same thing and I find that just calling them out for the fucking obnoxious, envy-blinded cunts that they are covers it all to be honest. The type of shit-filled bile that they are constantly spouting would be an arrestable offence if they ever decided to move their target but somehow it's deemed acceptable when it's about football. GOT should hang their heads allowing shite like that to get through whilst fretting over the work 'fuck'. Fucking jokes they are.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

Robertson is better than Baines ever was in his fucking sleep. He was a good player but Robbo is on a different level.

I think I know where you are with this, but just to be sure, you're saying that Robbo is better than a sleeping Baines? I think you're on fairly safe ground, but I'm not sure it's the greatest praise Robbo has ever received. 

• Upvote 1

Doing a sweep of their socials and boards and they’re screeching bile over last night’s Sky presentation of their game, particularly stuff Carragher & Souness said. 

I don’t know what was said but they’re currently petitioning each other to remotely support Everton by removing Sky in favour of the illegal boxes to bypass the corruption, all irony free.

https://members.boardhost.com/everton-forum/thread/1608464182.html

They’ve consistently spewed the most gruesome and hateful bile about Heysel for decades  but can’t understand why ex LFC players might not like them. 

5 minutes ago, Dom Charters said:

Doing a sweep of their socials and boards and they’re screeching bile over last night’s Sky presentation of their game, particularly stuff Carragher & Souness said. 

I don’t know what was said but they’re currently petitioning each other to remotely support Everton by removing Sky in favour of the illegal boxes to bypass the corruption, all irony free.

They’ve consistently spewed the most gruesome and hateful bile about Heysel for decades  but can’t understand why ex LFC players might not like them. 

I think souness gave them some type of back handed compliment - like they're doing well and it's because they've got a great manager, but they are lucky to have him or something and they're in our shadow. Which of course being the senior club with so many 1st, they are not. 

12 minutes ago, Dom Charters said:

Wasn't there a thing in Carra's autobiography about how low he felt immediately after Man U had knocked us out of the FA Cup with a couple of late goals?  He hardly had time to get showered and dressed before his phone was jumping with texts from Bloos he had long considered friends taking the piss out of him; that was when he saw the light and thought "Fuck Everton and fuck their horrible bastard fans".

If he's pissing them off, I'm all for it.

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think souness gave them some type of back handed compliment - like they're doing well and it's because they've got a great manager, but they are lucky to have him or something and they're in our shadow. Which of course being the senior club with so many 1st, they are not. 

If he’s said that then a degree of it is understandable but there’s a lad on there wishing Martin Tiler a fatal heart attack because he apparently despises them now.

Martin Tiler, the same fella who joyously screamed his way through his employer’s promoting of Fergie’s flagship decades of dominance. 

To be fair it’s not just Everton, although they are the worst, I think only a cursory glance around social media will show that we are easily the most detested club in the league and by quite some distance. There are probably a number of reasons as to why this is but I think it’s pretty indisputable. I don’t really read, watch or take any interest in any other club these days, just don’t need the bile in my life, I’ve become very insular with football and only really watch and read us. It’s genuinely reached the point with Everton that I simply won’t discuss football with the people I know and work with work who are Evertonians, it serves no purpose.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Dom Charters said:

If he’s said that then a degree of it is understandable but there’s a lad on there wishing Martin Tiler a fatal heart attack because he apparently despises them now.

Martin Tiler, the same fella who joyously screamed his way through his employer’s promoting of Fergie’s flagship decades of dominance. 

Is that because Tyler said something about maybe Everton regret leaving anfield with hindsight because it triggered the start of Liverpool? 

13 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Wasn't there a thing in Carra's autobiography about how low he felt immediately after Man U had knocked us out of the FA Cup with a couple of late goals?  He hardly had time to get showered and dressed before his phone was jumping with texts from Bloos he had long considered friends taking the piss out of him; that was when he saw the light and thought "Fuck Everton and fuck their horrible bastard fans".

If he's pissing them off, I'm all for it.

Yep, that's what happened.

Similar to what happened to me when we lost the 1996 fa cup final vs the Mancs. I'd cheered Everton the year before and was genuinely made up for some of their fans. They all turned nasty when we lost and were made up, laughing and winding us up. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

To be fair it’s not just Everton, although they are the worst, I think only a cursory glance around social media will show that we are easily the most detested club in the league and by quite some distance. There are probably a number of reasons as to why this is but I think it’s pretty indisputable. I don’t really read, watch or take any interest in any other club these days, just don’t need the bile in my life, I’ve become very insular with football and only really watch and read us. It’s genuinely reached the point with Everton that I simply won’t discuss football with the people I know and work with work who are Evertonians, it serves no purpose.

This is true. For years, we were the "banter club" everyone made fun of. Wasn't great for those people when we started winning stuff off the back of simply being better and more competent than everybody else. We're at the "hate us cause you ain't us" stage now where people are just jealous. Everton are just the cranks that hated us  first and everyone else is following them.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is that because Tyler said something about maybe Everton regret leaving anfield with hindsight because it triggered the start of Liverpool? 

That’s pretty naive and quite funny from our perspective but they’re wishing the bloke dead over there and falling over themselves with the idea of leaving Sky for the boxes; if they’re aren’t usual match goers, they’re cutting off any financial support to their own club whilst combating corruption with the arl illegal streaming.

They’re hilarious. 

1 minute ago, Dom Charters said:

That’s pretty naive and quite funny from our perspective but they’re wishing the bloke dead over there and falling over themselves with the idea of leaving Sky for the boxes; if they’re aren’t usual match goers, they’re cutting off any financial support to their own club whilst combating corruption with the arl illegal streaming.

They’re hilarious. 

Well they won't be arsed about cutting money from their club, most of them go the match on kids tickets. 

14 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I think it’s proportionate to success and whilst the added target on our back, everything being amplified in the media and an uptake in global interest/followers who don’t necessarily get the cultures attached, they’re downsides that you’re much happier to absorb than being mediocre.

You’re probably right not to have a look and I don’t really have any blues in my day to day life anymore but I do like a bit of footballing rivalry, enjoy some of the aggression.   

I felt for years they were way ahead of us in terms of the mutual hatred and it cost us in those 90’s derbies.

I do wonder that since a huge amount of our lot became aware of how extreme it can be, they came more into focus and that bled into the teams we’ve fielded. 

Of course having better players and managers helps.

Robbie Fowler changed a lot of it.