You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

That's all they have got. 25 years, hundreds and hundreds of millions spent and their only highlight is injuring the worlds best centre back. Just smile and let them stew in their own misery.

Yeah, but look at it from their point of view.  It's not just the injury, it's also the way they derailed our entire season.  In the 12 games since then, we've only managed 8 wins and 3 draws, taking us top of the Premier League and top of our Champions League group.  I fear for us, I really do.

7 hours ago, devilsadvocate said:

was the 30m from usm to secure sponsorship of a stadium that no one else has bid for included in this yrs accounts? 

• The club are making big claims on the increase in commercial income. Whilst no doubt commercial income has increased, these figures include the £30 million received from USM in relation to the naming rights option. Remove the £30 million (which is a one off payment) and commercial income has grown by 12%, a reasonable performance but still relatively low if the objective is to catch up rivals.

From the link above (the Esk) 

They are of course crowing about how other teams could lose far more due to covid than they have, mainly because a lot of other teams have far more fans, more fans worldwide and sell far more merchandise. Another example of the bitters turning something that is a negative, into a positive. 

Whilst the club is right to highlight the impact of Covid-19 on revenues and the additional costs in terms of impairment, it should not escape anyone’s attention that even without Covid losses since Moshiri acquired 49.9% in February 2016 amount to more than £190 million despite over £210 million in player trading profits. Add in Covid and that rises to more than £250 million.

You wouldn't send Moshiri to the market with your cow, he'd come back with a tin of beans. 

The accounts are absolute madness.  They’ve got their staff costs being 88% of turnover.  If you take out that 30m joke payment from Moshiri’s mate then their staff costs alone are more than their turnover.  Esk also mentions them only increasing their commercial income by 12% as if it’s a negative.  I thought wtf but the reason it’s negative is because that’s only an increase of 3m.

I keep reading how they need to move to Bramley Moore to increase their revenue because of the increased capacity.  How much is it going to increased the revenue by?  They have lots of cheap season tickets already which will be why they sell out.  They might have a season or so of charging more because of the novelty of a new stadium.  A few years in though I can’t see them being able to charge higher prices without pricing people out with that state of the football they play.  This is not even taking into account the yearly payments to cover the cost of building it if it ever get built.  They’re a complete mess.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, dylstar said:

The Esk....

My initial analysis of the accounts, Moshiri's financial commitment and the stadium financing https://t.co/LxCaLcBBK5

Fuck me, he's one shit business man!

However, another first, whoopydefuckinwhoop.

Everton hope, to be the first club to achieve long term funding through private placement during the pre-construction/construction phase. 

Ah, the catcher again.

I'm pretty sure I would have seen this "recent statistic"

If someone has, please enlighten me.

And not that fake shite from last week.

The peoples club is really about how local match going fans tend to support Everton. If you look at recent statistics at a ratio of around 4 or 5 to 1 against Liverpool. When you consider their success and our lack of success it's an astonishing figure really. That's all it is.

I'm not an accountant but those figures look dodgy to me,  can someone who is trained in matters like this  answer me a question is Moshiri so far down the rabbit hole that the only possible reason for him putting more Investment in is because he stands to lose a lot more if he doesn't. 

Imagine being that bitter and that consumed by hate that you actually want your own team to lose games....he's gonna be in this position a few times this season as well, as reckon there could be 4 or 5 teams in with a shout for league.

Would be dead funny if in next few seasons they get dragged into a relegation battle and need to beat one of our rivals for league to stay up....

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

4 points off the top 4 but wants to lose already.

20201212_130952.jpg

20201212_130931.jpg

For the first three-quarters of the season, virtually every team they play will also have an upcoming fixture against us. Does he want to lose every single one of those matches (except the derby) so that our future opponents can ‘build momentum’?

Absolutely desperate. Another landmark: First club whose fans are hoping to have no more than six point by March. 

8 hours ago, dylstar said:

The Esk....

My initial analysis of the accounts, Moshiri's financial commitment and the stadium financing https://t.co/LxCaLcBBK5

Hahaha, so despite the covid season when most of their income streams went down or increased marginally, their merchandise, sponsorship and advertising income rocketed from under £30m to just under £64m? Presumably Usmanov's 'naming rights option' has been included more than once, eh?

And they took £19m via the Coronavirus Business Interuption Scheme yet call us the furlough club?!

Those that read the detail of the accounts may notice that USM no longer appear as a connected party in the accounts (due to Moshiri’s shareholdings in USM and Everton). Moshiri’s shareholding in USM has changed to the extent that USM are no longer considered to be a connected party to Everton. As a result the accounts will no longer detail the degree of financial support USM provide Everton.

How can the PL allow that?

15 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yeah, but look at it from their point of view.  It's not just the injury, it's also the way they derailed our entire season.  In the 12 games since then, we've only managed 8 wins and 3 draws, taking us top of the Premier League and top of our Champions League group.  I fear for us, I really do.

On the other side of the coin, they've managed the sum total of one win and one draw, since then. It's almost as if Karma came at them fucking hard and quick.

• Upvote 1