You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 16/11/2020 at 21:23, KMD7 said:

A Blue taking the piss out of himself I think. I don't like his humour but he has an audience for it. He's semi-paralysed I think from an accident years ago and suffers badly from depression

Well, once you’ve been touched by The Ev...

On 18/11/2020 at 15:45, Red Lead said:

Yes, I agree and normally I wouldn't give a shit, but I know Andrew Holden (not personally) as he is from the same town as me and we have mutual friends, two with whom I work with. According to both of them, you couldn't meet a nicer fella, loves Everton, but definitely not bitter. His Facebook page is much like his Twitter account, totally reasonable. 

So unless he's a complete psychopath and is fooling everyone I don't think he's catcherintherye and I think it's out of order to have his Twitter account profile posted on a public forum.

I've just realised I knew him back in the day. A mutual friend arranged for us all to play indoor soccer in the De La Salle hall every Saturday. I could hear him approaching from a mile off the Saturday after Beardsley got that late winner for Everton in the derby and there was only one person whom he was heading towards. It was all healthy joshing though, and my abiding memory of him is of a very good-natured lad.

3 hours ago, deiseach said:

I've just realised I knew him back in the day. A mutual friend arranged for us all to play indoor soccer in the De La Salle hall every Saturday. I could hear him approaching from a mile off the Saturday after Beardsley got that late winner for Everton in the derby and there was only one person whom he was heading towards. It was all healthy joshing though, and my abiding memory of him is of a very good-natured lad.

Yeah, that would be him alright. I went to De La Salle and I think he was a few years behind me.

Goodison Sleepout

EVERTON FIRSTS

Everton Firsts

The history of Everton Football Club is so much more than the players who have graced the hallowed Goodison Park turf.

There's more to Everton than the trophies in the cabinet; the Toffees have been constant innovators in the footballing world, ceaselessly striving to be the best, and the first to accomplish new feats, while establishing new norms. The Nil Satis Nisi Optimum ("Nothing but the best is good enough") motto could not be more appropriate.

From becoming one of the founder members of the football league in 1888, right through to present day when we announced a new service which allows fans to purchase match tickets through text message, Everton have always been at the forefront of new ideas.

Did you know we were the first to wear numbers on our backs, the first to have a purpose-built football stadium, and the first go on an overseas tour?

Below is an extensive list of some of the significant landmarks that Everton Football Club has accomplished since its birth.  

• Founder members of the Football League in 1888
  • Founder members of the FA Premier League in 1992
  • First club to be presented with the League Championship trophy
  • First club to present medals for winning the Championship
  • First club to stage an FA Cup final - Notts County v Bolton Wanderers, 1894
  • First club on Merseyside to win the FA Cup, 1906
  • First club to go on an overseas football tour
  • First club to construct a purpose-built football stadium
  • First club to have a four-sided stadium with two tier stands
  • First club to have a stadium with a three-tier stand
  • First club to issue a regular match programme for home fixtures
  • First club to have a player (William Ralph Dean) score 60 league goals
  • First club to wear numbered shirts from 1-11 (1933 FA Cup final)
  • First club to have a church attached to its stadium
  • First club to install dugouts
  • First club to install undersoil heating
  • First club to win a penalty shootout in the European Cup, 1970 v Borussia Monchengladbach
  • First club to play 4,000 top-flight games
  • First club to amass 5,000 League points
  • First club to play 100 seasons in the top-flight
  • First club to stage a World Cup semi-final in Britain
  • First club to have the youngest Premiership goalscorer in two consecutive seasons with two different players
  • First club to break the £100,000 transfer threshold when Alan Ball moved from Blackpool for £110,000 in 1966
  • First club to be featured in a TV game; August 1936 v Arsenal. Not live (pre-recorded).
  • First club to have scoreboard half time/full time facility
  • First club to have its own podcast
  • First club to have its own online social networking site
  • First club to sell tickets via text message
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Goodison Sleepout

EVERTON FIRSTS

Everton Firsts

The history of Everton Football Club is so much more than the players who have graced the hallowed Goodison Park turf.

There's more to Everton than the trophies in the cabinet; the Toffees have been constant innovators in the footballing world, ceaselessly striving to be the best, and the first to accomplish new feats, while establishing new norms. The Nil Satis Nisi Optimum ("Nothing but the best is good enough") motto could not be more appropriate.

From becoming one of the founder members of the football league in 1888, right through to present day when we announced a new service which allows fans to purchase match tickets through text message, Everton have always been at the forefront of new ideas.

Did you know we were the first to wear numbers on our backs, the first to have a purpose-built football stadium, and the first go on an overseas tour?

Below is an extensive list of some of the significant landmarks that Everton Football Club has accomplished since its birth.  

• Founder members of the Football League in 1888
  • Founder members of the FA Premier League in 1992
  • First club to be presented with the League Championship trophy
  • First club to present medals for winning the Championship
  • First club to stage an FA Cup final - Notts County v Bolton Wanderers, 1894
  • First club on Merseyside to win the FA Cup, 1906
  • First club to go on an overseas football tour
  • First club to construct a purpose-built football stadium
  • First club to have a four-sided stadium with two tier stands
  • First club to have a stadium with a three-tier stand
  • First club to issue a regular match programme for home fixtures
  • First club to have a player (William Ralph Dean) score 60 league goals
  • First club to wear numbered shirts from 1-11 (1933 FA Cup final)
  • First club to have a church attached to its stadium
  • First club to install dugouts
  • First club to install undersoil heating
  • First club to win a penalty shootout in the European Cup, 1970 v Borussia Monchengladbach
  • First club to play 4,000 top-flight games
  • First club to amass 5,000 League points
  • First club to play 100 seasons in the top-flight
  • First club to stage a World Cup semi-final in Britain
  • First club to have the youngest Premiership goalscorer in two consecutive seasons with two different players
  • First club to break the £100,000 transfer threshold when Alan Ball moved from Blackpool for £110,000 in 1966
  • First club to be featured in a TV game; August 1936 v Arsenal. Not live (pre-recorded).
  • First club to have scoreboard half time/full time facility
  • First club to have its own podcast
  • First club to have its own online social networking site
  • First club to sell tickets via text message

First club to have a list of firsts 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Always the victim they say...

I thought that was a satire but its actually a real article!!!! They have been the victim of absolutely nothing that would have made them lifters of a trophy if said wrongdoing had gone their way in the match where they were 'wronged.' They are first in any table for pettiness and trivial matters on a football pitch.

1 hour ago, John102 said:

I thought someone had sneaked a few fake one in there, obviously. 

I can understand the football related ones, to an extent. 

Not sure why they feel the need to big up having a church attached to the stadium or buying tickets via text message though. 

Maybe there is a list of clubs who are awaiting planning permission to get a church attached.

• Upvote 2