You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

49 minutes ago, an tha said:

It was always a pipe dream....but why would anyone now commit to building a stadium with a much bigger capacity than one already play in when capacities are going to be at best reduced, and probably heavily so and social distancing and curfews etc is going to hurt hopsitality areas capacities for probably years to come?

It might sound counterintuitive, but the fact that FSG said that they were hitting the pause button on the Anny Road extension, to see what the impact of Covid is, gives me more confidence that they are serious about building it.

The way these nobheads are ploughing on at the same speed  (i.e. no sign of building plans, just press releases every few months) just convinces me that BMD is not happening in the real world.  

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It might sound counterintuitive, but the fact that FSG said that they were hitting the pause button on the Anny Road extension, to see what the impact of Covid is, gives me more confidence that they are serious about building it.

The way these nobheads are ploughing on at the same speed  (i.e. no sign of building plans, just press releases every few months) just convinces me that BMD is not happening in the real world.  

Agree totally.

9 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I thought they resubmitted their plans recently with a view to navigating the issues? 

I don't really see why us not applying for planning permission shows we're serious. It shows its on a knife edge economically and we're not even willing to part with the money to get it through planning at anytime really where there's nothing to stop us except money. 

On 12/11/2020 at 21:41, Stickman said:

Like The Stone Roses at Spike Island, Tony Hibberts testimonial has take on mythical proportions in that every blue likes to say they were there...

tony-hibbert-salutes-the-everton-faithfu

220px-S203_Spike.jpg

"Oh, please. If every vampire who said he was at Tony Hibbert’s Testimonial was actually there, it would've been like Woodstock. I was actually at Woodstock. That was a weird gig. I fed off a flower person and I spent the next six hours watchin' my hand move."

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpools-new-cruise-terminal-delayed-19281100

Liverpool's new cruise terminal is set to be delayed by another year amid uncertainty over the coronavirus pandemic.

The terminal has already been delayed but the council announced a new opening date of 2022 last October. Now, a recently released report indicates 2023 as the aim.

It comes months after a multi-storey car park which originally formed part of the larger plan for the terminal was shelved. 

The council has come under renewed pressure from the Green Party to cancel the project in the wake of the pandemic.

Meanwhile at Camp Boo

this-is-fine-2.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Best be quick it’s liable to be snapped up soon....Worn during a 2-0 aggregate win against the mighty Ruzomberok 

Everton Match Shirts
@EvertonMWShirts
MATCH WORN Phil Jagielka 2017/18
Everton Home EUROPA LEAGUE FOR SALE.
Price: 120£
DM if interested
Em259-HXEAAhOBO?format=jpg&name=900x900

23 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

That is a stadium with zero footballing soul. A shopping precinct with a pitch in the middle. 

I like to think, admittedly without any evidence, that the way in which Liverpool have utterly transformed Anfield while maintaining a connection with its past, has motivated the Bloos to want the exact opposite. Kopite behaviour and all that.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Has Catcher in the Rye said that covid was invented by the redshite to try and stop them still having Ancelotti in charge when they move into their new stadium yet? 

Probably too busy insinuating that covid was an anti-Catholic virus, invented by protestants

• Upvote 1