You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Dr Nowt said:

If all our games were only available PPV via the offal, there would still be a decent chunk of Evertonians paying to watch them.

One of my old favourites they come up with, they apparently buy tickets & season tickets at anfield so they can sell them to all the Norwegian tourists for a few grand hahaha. 

44 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's just another one of their stupid coping mechanisms. 

When the Mancs were good under Ferguson they did get some very favourable decisions off refs, a lot were scared of them as well.

But the majority of our fans still were able to separate that and acknowledge they were good, also that we were miles behind them and we needed to get our act together. 

Evertonians can't do that because they revel in conspiracy theories and need something to whinge about ALL the fucking time. 

There was a very large chunk of our fan base that was on board the corruption bus back when the Mancs were ace. I was one of them, whilst they were, undoubtedly, very good, some of the decisions they got, time added etc, were odd. I wouldn’t say corruption as such but The Scottish Cunt had a bad ‘influence’ and refs were scared of the cunt. That cunt pretty much ran the League, the FA and the media. He was the dictator of the English game. Anyone breaking ranks got a ban so everyone sucked up to the twat.   

1 hour ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

There was a very large chunk of our fan base that was on board the corruption bus back when the Mancs were ace. I was one of them, whilst they were, undoubtedly, very good, some of the decisions they got, time added etc, were odd. I wouldn’t say corruption as such but The Scottish Cunt had a bad ‘influence’ and refs were scared of the cunt. That cunt pretty much ran the League, the FA and the media. He was the dictator of the English game. Anyone breaking ranks got a ban so everyone sucked up to the twat.   

Yeah didnt that Jeff Winter, the ref from Middlesbrough say he didnt toe the line Ferguson wanted all refs to stick to so didnt get a single game at old trafford for over 2 years?

• Upvote 1

Who can forget that pivotal game at their place against Sheffield Wednesday 1 down going into injury time I think then Bruce scores 2 in 9 minutes of stoppage time when there had hardly been  any time lost very dodgy that .

I'm not denying they weren't a good side but my God they certainly had their fair share of favourable decisions. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

But then contradict themselves by saying that they always send Norwegians on the wrong bus to the Wirral when they get stopped for directions in town.

And then give the number of a bus that goes to Southport.

32 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah didnt that Jeff Winter, the ref from Middlesbrough say he didnt toe the line Ferguson wanted all refs to stick to so didnt get a single game at old trafford for over 2 years?

He did, wasn't a bad Ref either. I will never forgive Halsey for going out to Dinner with Fergurson the week of our game with them and then giving them a fucking soft penalty. Going out to dinner with the fucking ref? Don't tell me it's not corruption.

41 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

No idea how true this is, it’s a few years old, but back in the day it was fact for me. 

https://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/2012/09/the-truth-is-out-there.html

https://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/2012/10/corruption-and-influence-peddling-in-the-english-game.html

https://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/2012/10/the-whole-worlds-watching.html

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, index1000 said:

He did, wasn't a bad Ref either. I will never forgive Halsey for going out to Dinner with Fergurson the week of our game with them and then giving them a fucking soft penalty. Going out to dinner with the fucking ref? Don't tell me it's not corruption.

That’s fucking mental, and nothing was said?

The best teams in history have been calculated and named. 2020 Liverpool have been named 4th best of all time. Liverpool 08 (?) was 15th. The 1990 and 1979 teams below. No mention of the self proclaimed team of the Eighties though, 

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news-pub-talk-2020-liverpool-side-now-better-than-peak-manchester-united-20201104.amp.html?source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

1 minute ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

The best teams in history have been calculated and named. 2020 Liverpool have been named 4th best of all time. Liverpool 08 (?) was 15th. The 1990 and 1979 teams below. No mention of the self proclaimed team of the Eighties though, 

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news-pub-talk-2020-liverpool-side-now-better-than-peak-manchester-united-20201104.amp.html?source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

The only Bayern team better than any Liverpool one is the team of the early to mid 1970s team. No modern Bayern team is.