You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Jeff Jones

Jeff Jones

Player Valuation: £35m
It isn't that long ago that we were on seven wins in a row, on top of the league and playing some great football.

We can get back to that level when everyone is fit and available, but there's the problem.

There will be times when they won't all be available and then we're left with the mediocre squad we've had for the last five years.

You never know, we might get as lucky as Liverpool have been for the last two seasons and be able basically keep the same team together, but if not he's
going to have to get more quality in or show some faith in the likes of Gordon and stop using the dross who we know can't get Everton to where we want to be.

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:
Jeff Jones

Jeff Jones

Player Valuation: £35m
It isn't that long ago that we were on seven wins in a row, on top of the league and playing some great football.

We can get back to that level when everyone is fit and available, but there's the problem.

There will be times when they won't all be available and then we're left with the mediocre squad we've had for the last five years.

You never know, we might get as lucky as Liverpool have been for the last two seasons and be able basically keep the same team together, but if not he's
going to have to get more quality in or show some faith in the likes of Gordon and stop using the dross who we know can't get Everton to where we want to be.

Lucky? He surely can't be an Everton fan, otherwise he'd be aware of all the injuries we've had. Although I guess he is, and they don't count for some reason.

Remarkable how much they're trying to shift the narrative to them being the victims of the derby. I mean, we've had two players unseen since that game due to red card-worthy tackles (one of whom we won't see again this season in all likelihood), but Pickford got some nasty threats from some beauts on Twitter and Rodriguez has a sore bollock, so I guess we should call it even - or better still, accept we were the guilty party in that game and issue them an official apology?

Absolute excuse of a football club.

11 minutes ago, Manny said:

Remarkable how much they're trying to shift the narrative to them being the victims of the derby. I mean, we've had two players unseen since that game due to red card-worthy tackles (one of whom we won't see again this season in all likelihood), but Pickford got some nasty threats from some beauts on Twitter and Rodriguez has a sore bollock, so I guess we should call it even - or better still, accept we were the guilty party in that game and issue them an official apology?

Absolute excuse of a football club.

It is almost like they are saying they are the victim and infact what happened is not their fault.

• Upvote 3

I've just been checking the league tables for the period of the Heysel ban. They would have been playing in Europe for the first 3 seasons, but after that they never qualified. 

Somehow, missing out on those three seasons made them go from the Greatest Team Europe Has Ever Seen to a shitbag outfit with a 30-year trophy record to equal Wigan Athletic. 

44 minutes ago, Mark M said:

I'm still a bit shocked Carlo brought up what happened in the Derby made his side get a red card against Southampton. Moyes saying something like that but a Champions league winning manager. mental.

Once Everton has touched you.....

31 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Ever argued with someone although you know you’re wrong? You keep it up, see no other side to the argument, stubbornly refuse to budge? Fall that far into it that you start believing you’re right after all? That’s a couple of posters on the GF that is.

23 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've just been checking the league tables for the period of the Heysel ban. They would have been playing in Europe for the first 3 seasons, but after that they never qualified. 

Somehow, missing out on those three seasons made them go from the Greatest Team Europe Has Ever Seen to a shitbag outfit with a 30-year trophy record to equal Wigan Athletic. 

Also the myth that Howard Kendall left to go to Atletico to compete in Europe. The first season he went they hadn't even qualified for Europe. Then they only qualified for the UEFA Cup. It wasn't like he left them to manage AC Milan. 

I think it was the money they paid him and the Spanish alcohol.