You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I only started going in the early 90s and I can honestly say I've only twice heard racist shit: one dickhead calling Walters a "useless black bastard" and another who kept using the Y-word when we were playing Spurs about 5 years ago.  That's it.

Really? Lower Bullens when Cisse, Gerrard and Crouch scored, Neville got sent off, Xmas week, I think. honestly never heard it so bad, really fucking bad towards Cisse. It was the day I decided I’d never attend a Derby in their end ever again. Poisonous 

I remember being in town after a derby in the early 00's and there was a big group of bitters outside what was the abbey on hanover st, think it as 'head of steam' now singing 'hey emile heskey ooh ahh, i wanna know if you'll be my slave'

They have no moral high ground to stand on at all when it comes to racism.

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I only started going in the early 90s and I can honestly say I've only twice heard racist shit: one dickhead calling Walters a "useless black bastard" and another who kept using the Y-word when we were playing Spurs about 5 years ago.  That's it.

Should have gone a few years earlier then and heard the 'N*ggerpool' and 'everton are white' chants not to mention bananas on the pitch in at least 2 derbies. Oh, but the bananas were thrown by Liverpool fans not the shite.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, the chimp said:

Agreed Ronnie. We were in a pub in Park Road early 90s and my mate had a crucifix showing (as a group of mates we're all Catholic pretty much) and was "asked" in no uncertain terms to cover it up. Even then we were really taken aback. Sectarianism was something that happened elsewhere and was a vestige of a bygone era - or so we thought. As I say, that was thirty years ago. I'd be amazed if that type of stuff still went on. The racism sadly, I'm not so sure on, but I think I'd be equally taken aback to hear it. It simply isn't - and never was - acceptable.

Speaking of sectarianism, every time I make the mistake of puting either Rangers or Celtic in a goals bet, they let me down. Rangers are the kings of 2-0. Each time I go today will be the day there will be 3 goals in their game. They can both do one!

You don't hear too many racist comments if any among our support these days at the ground, but you hear a bit of it in certain pubs. 

12 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Really? Lower Bullens when Cisse, Gerrard and Crouch scored, Neville got sent off, Xmas week, I think. honestly never heard it so bad, really fucking bad towards Cisse. It was the day I decided I’d never attend a Derby in their end ever again. Poisonous 

I'm talking about Anfield - the home of the most racist fanbase in the world  (according to that WUM from GOT).

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Isco is apparently interested in joining them in January to be with Hamez. Another one who has done fuck all for years. 

Probably heard about some off the books wages The Mosh is paying Galactico, and fancies a bit of that.