You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

An Oldham player (maybe Man U loanee): he misheard "Manc bastard" and interpreted it as "Black bastard." Just part of the moral panic that escalated because of our club's diabolical intent.

Tom Adeyemi. 

I thought he might be referring to that, but none of the facts match his nonsense. 

Yup. He seems to be treated as some sort of intellectual forward thinker on there. There is some irony that (admirably) there is a mental health support thread on the front page of GOT, yet there are so many who probably need it spouting dangerous ill-informed shite on the Witch Hunt Against Liverpool FC thread.

26 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Catshitinmyeye is either a world class troll or or a genuinely mentally ill bitter living in a world of negativity.

Nah, he's just one of those shithead blue noses you see on You Tube ranting and raving about Liverpool all the time, Clive Thomas, Heysel, we wuz robbed, blah, blah, fucking blah. You're the 'victim' but it's us really cos we shout about it from the roof tops.

Obviously on the net, he's able to calm his outward personna but underneath, he's every bit as vile scum as you will find anywhere.

I used to think he was just a massive WUM but the utter bile he posts, he's clearly not a red on a mission. If he was a red, his mind is every bit as screwed up same as the bitterest blue.

16 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

This has to be among the most ridiculous nonsense I've ever heard. To be honest, one of the great things of the derby from yesteryear was that the fans got on well with each other and that was in an era when religion was still important to a lot of people. Fights broke out sometimes because the fans (often brothers and best mates) were together in the ground. It would quickly be broken up. It was never about religion.

At both grounds there was the Celtic/Rangers chants. If we were Protestant or they were Catholic, that would hardly have happened. The original owners of both clubs were Protestant, but the majority of the city or at least the people that played the most part in giving it it's major unique identity were working class Liverpool Irish Catholics. The very people that poured into the grounds of both clubs in yesteryear.

Moran, Fagan, Lawlor, Smith, Callaghan, Carragher, McManaman.....I could go on forever and a day about all the scouse catholics that played with us. None of us gave a shit about their religion. Nowadays, two of our best players are Muslim. 

Football men before away games became more accessible used to go to each ground every fortnight. Not exactly a Celtic/Rangers style thing. 

I'm Catholic and the majority of the lads I went to the games with were as well. In our group, were two lads whose family were in the lodge as well as fellas fron different Protestant churches. I don't think religion came up once, though they did join in with the Rangers chant to be fair. 

Nothing against Celtic or Rangers. Good luck to people that support them, but to me, one of the great things about us and the Blueshite is that it's a proper football rivalry or at least used to be. Go to a church if you're religious, but don't bring it to a football ground. 

Tony Mason who is THE expert on football in this country and it's origins and history, completely dismissed the notion that Liverpool or Everton were religiously affiliated. I've got his papers somewhere plus we discussed this over two decades ago in some detail when I was at Warwick. The Catcher cunt know fuck all, which I appreciate is not news to anyone on here.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, the chimp said:

Tony Mason who is THE expert on football in this country and it's origins and history, completely dismissed the notion that Liverpool or Everton were religiously affiliated. I've got his papers somewhere plus we discussed this over two decades ago in some detail when I was at Warwick. The Catcher cunt know fuck all, which I appreciate is not news to anyone on here.

In a city where there was sectarianism, it's actually a great thing that neither club engaged in that nonsense. 

I often felt that the Celtic/Rangers chant at both grounds was almost a call to arms that both club's fans regardless of their religion or background were united together.

Them namechecking the treatment of Gayle is a tad ironic. Both clubs had a large minority of racist fans. Go into certain pubs in Liverpool even still and you'll hear plenty of choice racist language. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, niallers said:

A nice shelvey,Carroll double against these cunts would be great tomorrow. Controversial decisions too please. The powers that be better be in stockly 

If carroll scored the winner against them they'd bring up some 2012 argument in a pub where he shit in someones drink who got aids and passed to to a dog whose owner worked at Goodison and got the boots wrong for a slippy north east surface. Embarrassing club. Haway the Toon 

6 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

In a city where there was sectarianism, it's actually a great thing that neither club engaged in that nonsense . . . Go into certain pubs in Liverpool even still and you'll hear plenty of choice racist language.

Agreed Ronnie. We were in a pub in Park Road early 90s and my mate had a crucifix showing (as a group of mates we're all Catholic pretty much) and was "asked" in no uncertain terms to cover it up. Even then we were really taken aback. Sectarianism was something that happened elsewhere and was a vestige of a bygone era - or so we thought. As I say, that was thirty years ago. I'd be amazed if that type of stuff still went on. The racism sadly, I'm not so sure on, but I think I'd be equally taken aback to hear it. It simply isn't - and never was - acceptable.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, the chimp said:

Agreed Ronnie. We were in a pub in Park Road early 90s and my mate had a crucifix showing (as a group of mates we're all Catholic pretty much) and was "asked" in no uncertain terms to cover it up. Even then we were really taken aback. Sectarianism was something that happened elsewhere and was a vestige of a bygone era - or so we thought. As I say, that was thirty years ago. I'd be amazed if that type of stuff still went on. The racism sadly, I'm not so sure on, but I think I'd be equally taken aback to hear it. It simply isn't - and never was - acceptable.

I only started going in the early 90s and I can honestly say I've only twice heard racist shit: one dickhead calling Walters a "useless black bastard" and another who kept using the Y-word when we were playing Spurs about 5 years ago.  That's it.