You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You fucking mutt. We are done. 

Shut up you plazzy Jock!. 

I've barely been interested in Scottish footy. If I was well into it, it wouldn't be either of those two bickering prehistoric bigots. Hopefully the Edinburgh derby isn't as precious when I finally get the chance to go. 

I genuinely cannot stand the religious bollocks of the old firm. Those "green boys" are as bad as anyone singing IRA songs and singing that they want Steven Gerrard to die. Rangers fans are a weird bunch as well.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I think Matt Busby was catholic although not sure. He played for us and obviously managed united for over 20 years. It's easy to see people think of united as a catholic club if that's the case but exposes the myth about Liverpool, who also wanted Busby as manager when he hung up his boots.

We were after signing Lou Maccari from Celtic and if I remember right, brought him to Anfield around 1972 when he'd signalled he wanted to move south. Again, exposes this blueshite myth about Liverpool not signing catholics. A day later Maccari turns up at Old Trafford for talks, Tommy Docherty(?) was manager. Maccari declares he's signing for united.

We later signed Dalglish from Celtic but obviously Kenny was protestant just playing for a catholic club. Ian Rush is as catholic as can be. Souey wanted to take him to Rangers when things weren't working out for him at Juve but Rushie didnt fancy the idea of being the first high profile catholic player to sign for them before Mo Jonstone did.

There's alway religion bubbling away in the background. Anyone who went to Anfield from the 60s to late 90s would be familiar with one half the Kop chanting Celtic and the other half Rangers. But even then if wasnt one side of the Kop shouting for each, the fella stood next to you could be shouting for the other team.

It's just bollocks this Liverpool 'are \ were the proddy club.' We've as many catholic fans as proddys in Norther Ireland. Obviously the republic is different since catholocism is the major religion there.

Often wondered why that Rangers / Celtic chant was sung on the Kop 

3 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Then I'd have been fucked me Dad was staunch Catholic and me Mum was Protestant she had to take lessons to convert when she married me Dad 

I had something similar- my family is all Catholic, but my Mum had us baptised as High Church, whatever that is. My missus is Catholic and the priest said I didn't have to convert as it 'counted', but I would have to come to Sunday masses until we got married. That was 10 hours I'll never get back.

• Upvote 1

This has to be among the most ridiculous nonsense I've ever heard. To be honest, one of the great things of the derby from yesteryear was that the fans got on well with each other and that was in an era when religion was still important to a lot of people. Fights broke out sometimes because the fans (often brothers and best mates) were together in the ground. It would quickly be broken up. It was never about religion.

At both grounds there was the Celtic/Rangers chants. If we were Protestant or they were Catholic, that would hardly have happened. The original owners of both clubs were Protestant, but the majority of the city or at least the people that played the most part in giving it it's major unique identity were working class Liverpool Irish Catholics. The very people that poured into the grounds of both clubs in yesteryear.

Moran, Fagan, Lawlor, Smith, Callaghan, Carragher, McManaman.....I could go on forever and a day about all the scouse catholics that played with us. None of us gave a shit about their religion. Nowadays, two of our best players are Muslim. 

Football men before away games became more accessible used to go to each ground every fortnight. Not exactly a Celtic/Rangers style thing. 

I'm Catholic and the majority of the lads I went to the games with were as well. In our group, were two lads whose family were in the lodge as well as fellas fron different Protestant churches. I don't think religion came up once, though they did join in with the Rangers chant to be fair. 

Nothing against Celtic or Rangers. Good luck to people that support them, but to me, one of the great things about us and the Blueshite is that it's a proper football rivalry or at least used to be. Go to a church if you're religious, but don't bring it to a football ground. 

• Upvote 6

The celtic/rangers chant was always 50/50 in my opinion.

I was always celtic and around 88-90 used to wear a celtic shirt to the game....and in winter one of those half l'pool/celtic ski hats.

I used to see as many l'pool/rangers ones and it was never a problem.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I have lived in America for quite awhile - met very, very few Everton fans.

I'm 40 and British, I have met maybe 5 or 6 Everton fans in my entire life, and only 1 outside of Liverpool. I've met more Celtic, Rangers, Newcastle, Villa and Nottingham Forest fans. 

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Im fucking sick to death of this cunt (not you Bjornebye!) spouting inaccurate and made up shite about Liverpool FC and catholics. This cunt raises this every so often because he believes if you repeat the lie often enough, it becomes the truth.

The sad fact is, loads swallow it and even some of our younger fans might well believe it.

How do you report such filth on twatter? The cunt is spreading his lies and gets a free run every fucking time.

I'm not up to speed on how "secterian" bigotry works. Because Liverpool's founders (obviously) hated Catholics, are we supposed to hate their Methodist Boys' Club as well?

Some of Catchers recent musings, this cunt should be in an asylum, the mad cunt

This response I'm afraid is typically vapid and illogical. Your club and fans have a serious problem, and ridiculous ill thought through replies aren't going to solve the problem.

You are a rotten racist club, to the very core. Go and read the culture that presided over the club in the 80's in Howard Gayle's book. The ridiculous nicknames for John Barnes. The KKK inspired parties for Gayle to have to attend. Then fast forward. The abuse of a black teenager who had to leave the pitch in tears due to monkey chants. The abuse of Evra (and lack of any apology, and mindless inane chants of calling him a "lying ******) from the crowd. The deliberate and provocotive championing of a racist, shortly after they were convicted of racism, and instead of wearing Kick it out T Shirts in an unprecendented move making him the emblem of the club.

Think of the abuse and continued lies towards Mason Holgate for daring to bring an accusation of racism, and the inane racism that comes out of 99% of your suporters mouths when the laws and principles that Lawrence family fought so hard for are parodied and insulted by more white LFC supporters (and racists). Who on earth do fans of your club think they are, to make judgement on what the Lawrences have achieved? What on earth have your club and it's fans ever achieved that thinks they are in any kind of position to ever make a moral judgement on them and what they fought for?

Then think of the gawping face of your owner, smiling and gafforing with the worlds leadign fascist Donald Trump and even giving him a signed Red Sox shirt. In just the same way apoligists did to Adolf Hitler all those years ago to help normalise a disgraceful regime.

Think of the "no Fenians" graffiti, the secterian loyalist songs belted out from the Kop, the lack of any Irish Catholic players signed until the 1980's, the board that was set uplmost entirely of Orangemen and Tories with the intent of being a club made up of, and welcoem to only 1 section of the community. Think of how it was formed by the backs of wealthy tory landowners and the scabs of society who lacked the courage and basic sense of decency to do what is right, and run these people out of town.

Think of the crowing around Thatcher, as she destroyed the city, pitching up for picture ops at every opportunity while the poeple in the city suffered. The arson attacks on cultural heritage sites. The urinating and graffiting of murals for Evertonians who've died then the fake news Evertonians do the same. That you have fan after fan oncomments pages defending the right of Rees Mogg and his scummy entitled kids to support Liverpool. The man who is now enabling a government to again decimate the life chances of people in the city whileyour fans defend him as one of their own.

So I tell you what, why don't you get angry about just a single 1 of the multitude of unforgiveable examples I've given, and apologise for supporting such a racist, elitist and prejudicial organisation rather than trying to have a pop at someone who has taken the time to analyse the actions in an impartial and reasnable manner. There is no justification for what you and your sort do. You're an utter disgrace and a cancer on society.

Can you imagine running out to a song used by that tory, flag waving racist nonsense? If they did it with Z-cars I'd refuse them to use it, and if they did demand we changed. No way would I want to be associated with the sort of scum who attend night of the proms.

You know that their core demographic (home county thatcherites) will be all over that, hence why it's been selected. It will fit in with the no blacks, no irish policy they ran for most of their existence.

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
Should be a five-pointed star in that window.

They've taken a black, middle eastern, Jewish anti-imperialist provacator and painted him as a white German. Essentially as they have no achievements in their own lives, they have to steal achievements of black people from the middle east.

catcherintherye

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £70m
Over and above class, it's now been adopted by the flotsam and jetsam of society: X-Factor contestants and their audiences and the ruling caste of new imperialists.

When a song bridges the divide between the lumpen and parasitical elements you know it has no redeeming qualities to it whatsover.

Is this LFC or night at the Proms? 

On the 2nd point, this is the classic social bse of fascism isn't it? The lumpen proliteriat (blokes who urinate on memorials to those who have died) and the more squeezed middle sections (those cheer them on, and deflect from it). It's the same model.

Everton has a proliterian core to it's fanbase. As Labone said 1=20. It's funny Trotsky actually said the same about proliterians compared to the base of fascism (said we were worth 20 of them).

Once they start waving union jacks to YNWA though, they really ought to reflect who and what they are, which is very much English not scouse. They are invader in our lands, with a small handful of uncle tom scabs to cheer them on.

There's obviously different theories of what fascism is and how to identify it. I am most sympathetic to the one outlined their, which is essentially it developed an independent pole of attraction tht had a paradoxical position of doing aspects of what the elite wanted, but also existing as a threat in other areas. The social bae of the Nazi's (and indeed Mussolini's Fasci) were lumpen thugs and aspects of the middle class, at the lower end who felt "squeezed" above and below.

LFC have a very similar dynamic in their support base. Lots of home counties types with range rover and a subscription to the Telegraph and the lumpen fools who try to torch iconic symbolsof a working class city, or urinate on memorials/graffiti them. Go and watch Tommy Robinsons visits to Liverpool, the crowds that go to watch him are full of LFC shirts. They're a racist club, with racist support (he himself went to Anfield, and no harm came to him, I suspect he was welcomed).

As for the 2nd part, them and United are the establishment clubs. They're as establishment as Saville and Thatcher. Loads of tories support them, including now Rees Mogg. They are as English/British as the Union Jack. They are trying to colonise a working class city with their nonsense as well. They'll lap it up being on the Proms as well. There will be absolutely no calls for the club to distance itself from the establishment once YNWA becomes the new song of british imperialism at the Proms. Most of them will be dead chuffed they can asscoiate themselves to the mass murder of the British empire, as they hate Black people and Irish people.

13 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

This has to be among the most ridiculous nonsense I've ever heard. To be honest, one of the great things of the derby from yesteryear was that the fans got on well with each other and that was in an era when religion was still important to a lot of people. Fights broke out sometimes because the fans (often brothers and best mates) were together in the ground. It would quickly be broken up. It was never about religion.

At both grounds there was the Celtic/Rangers chants. If we were Protestant or they were Catholic, that would hardly have happened. The original owners of both clubs were Protestant, but the majority of the city or at least the people that played the most part in giving it it's major unique identity were working class Liverpool Irish Catholics. The very people that poured into the grounds of both clubs in yesteryear.

Moran, Fagan, Lawlor, Smith, Callaghan, Carragher, McManaman.....I could go on forever and a day about all the scouse catholics that played with us. None of us gave a shit about their religion. Nowadays, two of our best players are Muslim. 

Football men before away games became more accessible used to go to each ground every fortnight. Not exactly a Celtic/Rangers style thing. 

I'm Catholic and the majority of the lads I went to the games with were as well. In our group, were two lads whose family were in the lodge as well as fellas fron different Protestant churches. I don't think religion came up once, though they did join in with the Rangers chant to be fair. 

Nothing against Celtic or Rangers. Good luck to people that support them, but to me, one of the great things about us and the Blueshite is that it's a proper football rivalry or at least used to be. Go to a church if you're religious, but don't bring it to a football ground. 

Excellent post. 

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Who was the "black teenager who had to leave the pitch in tears because of monkey chants"?

An Oldham player (maybe Man U loanee): he misheard "Manc bastard" and interpreted it as "Black bastard." Just part of the moral panic that escalated because of our club's diabolical intent.

• Upvote 1