You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

35 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Only slightly mate, music stand started rocking, then my head and body! 400 km away from me, that's a lot of mountains and terrain to move.

So obviously nothing like those close to it. Thanks for asking.

It's scary and exciting at the same time.

Haha bloody hell mate. 

• Upvote 1

My grandad was born before WW1, and my dad and his brothers all in the1930's. Every one of them was a massive red and the whole family was the staunchest catholics you could ever meet. There is absolutely no way on this earth they would have been Liverpol fans if they were the Protestant team in the city. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking. Hells. Bells. Read this thread 

Im fucking sick to death of this cunt (not you Bjornebye!) spouting inaccurate and made up shite about Liverpool FC and catholics. This cunt raises this every so often because he believes if you repeat the lie often enough, it becomes the truth.

The sad fact is, loads swallow it and even some of our younger fans might well believe it.

How do you report such filth on twatter? The cunt is spreading his lies and gets a free run every fucking time.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Im fucking sick to death of this cunt (not you Bjornebye!) spouting inaccurate and made up shite about Liverpool FC and catholics. This cunt raises this every so often because he believes if you repeat the lie often enough, it becomes the truth.

The sad fact is, loads swallow it and even some of our younger fans might well believe it.

How do you report such filth on twatter? The cunt is spreading his lies and gets a free run every fucking time.

Most of them hang on his every word on GOT. The amount of lies and half truths that are taken as fact among these cunts and he’s one of the worse for it. Guarantee to some young impressionable bitter twat is reading that and telling his mates about it, years down the line it’ll be taken as fact. I fucking despise the cunts. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I always thought that part of the reason we had such a large Irish following was because we were seen as a Catholic club? 

I think historically we were seen as the Protestant club and them Catholic but with such a large Irish/Catholic community in the city I think its bollocks to suggest either is more or not. 

My grandad reckoned Jimmy Melia lost his place in the team in 1964 because he was Catholic, but Smith, Callaghan and Lawler from that team were Catholic boys. In all my time at Anfield I can't ever remember any sectarianism from the crowd, even in the early 60s when sectarianism was still rife in the city. My brother did get thumped in the Boy's Pen for wearing his (Catholic) school scarf but only because the colours, purple and grey, were mistaken for Burnley's colours, who were beating us that day.

On 29/10/2020 at 00:20, Anubis said:

WrigleyToffee eh. So I assume he's a Chicago blue championing the following of the Everton fan base? The main Liverpool bar in Chicago is run by an expat scouser who is a blue. Hes had it for years (I reckon I must have 1st gone there account 2002/3 andnhebhad it then) and it's not very far from wrigleyville. He let it become a Liverpool base and his bar has loads of LFC memorabilia because as he put it to me "you got to go with the money". Some other teams use the same bar as a base (west ham, man city & Everton, maybe a couple of others) and they have bits up. The only reason you'd know anything about Everton is the landlords own stuff behind the bar in his "side" bar not the main bar. I've watched a few blue games there and there's never more than about 5 or 6 blues in there. They've definitely got the smallest base of any side in that bar and it's their home. Liverpool fill the place (probably a couple of hundred before covid) and it's not their only home in the city. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking. Hells. Bells. Read this thread 

He's fucking mental that fella. Honestly, what type of cunt knows which school their players went to unless they're a local lad and it's part of their over played backstory? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Frank Dacey said:

My grandad reckoned Jimmy Melia lost his place in the team in 1964 because he was Catholic, but Smith, Callaghan and Lawler from that team were Catholic boys. In all my time at Anfield I can't ever remember any sectarianism from the crowd, even in the early 60s when sectarianism was still rife in the city. My brother did get thumped in the Boy's Pen for wearing his (Catholic) school scarf but only because the colours, purple and grey, were mistaken for Burnley's colours, who were beating us that day.

Jimmy Amelia was my uncles mate, my uncle got the boot from Liverpool Reserves in the 50’s but that is a different story.

57 minutes ago, Remmie said:

To be fair I had heard that from a Man United fan who reckoned they were also a Catholic club. To be honest the idea of associating religion with football leaves me utterly cold anyway. 

I think Matt Busby was catholic although not sure. He played for us and obviously managed united for over 20 years. It's easy to see people think of united as a catholic club if that's the case but exposes the myth about Liverpool, who also wanted Busby as manager when he hung up his boots.

We were after signing Lou Maccari from Celtic and if I remember right, brought him to Anfield around 1972 when he'd signalled he wanted to move south. Again, exposes this blueshite myth about Liverpool not signing catholics. A day later Maccari turns up at Old Trafford for talks, Tommy Docherty(?) was manager. Maccari declares he's signing for united.

We later signed Dalglish from Celtic but obviously Kenny was protestant just playing for a catholic club. Ian Rush is as catholic as can be. Souey wanted to take him to Rangers when things weren't working out for him at Juve but Rushie didnt fancy the idea of being the first high profile catholic player to sign for them before Mo Jonstone did.

There's alway religion bubbling away in the background. Anyone who went to Anfield from the 60s to late 90s would be familiar with one half the Kop chanting Celtic and the other half Rangers. But even then if wasnt one side of the Kop shouting for each, the fella stood next to you could be shouting for the other team.

It's just bollocks this Liverpool 'are \ were the proddy club.' We've as many catholic fans as proddys in Norther Ireland. Obviously the republic is different since catholocism is the major religion there.

• Upvote 1

My Dad and my uncle both went to St Theresa's in Norris Green. Another one of my uncles was on Liverpools books until he was 15. There's no way on earth my Dad would have supported Liverpool or my Uncle would have played for them if Liverpool were the Protestant club. My Grandad was a staunch Catholic who made his kids attend church as often as possible. 

My dad was always slagging off Protestants and moaned about one nearly breaking his leg in Belfast when he played for Liverpool boys. He always used to go on about sectarianism to me and I hated it. 

I bought a Rangers shirt when I was 14 with my paper round money simply because I liked the shirt. My dads head exploded when he saw what I bought and threatened to put it in the bin. Being 14 and not remotely arsed about religion I didn't see it coming. I bought a Celtic one about six months later and he still moaned saying that I needed to make my mind up.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

My dad was always slagging off Protestants and moaned about one nearly breaking his leg in Belfast when he played for Liverpool boys. He always used to go on about sectarianism to me and I hated it. 

I bought a Rangers shirt when I was 14 with my paper round money simply because I liked the shirt. My dads head exploded when he saw what I bought and threatened to put it in the bin. Being 14 and not remotely arsed about religion I didn't see it coming. I bought a Celtic one about six months later and he still moaned saying that I needed to make my mind up.

You fucking mutt. We are done.