You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

An Everton supporter is hoping to find a wall in Liverpool city centre after crowdfunding £5,000 for a new mural to celebrate the club.

Certainly has to be easier to find a wall than build a stadium. 

Nil Banksy Nisi Crowdfund.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Don't know how someone who is so obviously a die hard Everton fan gets paid to offer his opinions on Liverpool. Imagine Tony Barrett, Chris Bascombe or James Pearce writing articles about Everton. They would be boycotting the Echo.

Following in the grand tradition established by Ric George. I remember Through the Wind & Rain scoffing at 'Decipher-the-Dic', i.e. efforts by Reds to read between the lines to see the bias on his reporting on Liverpool. God bless our collective innocence.

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

An Everton supporter is hoping to find a wall in Liverpool city centre after crowdfunding £5,000 for a new mural to celebrate the club.

What they going to put on it? The Cuckoo Clock? A larger version of “Not a winner but he is a winner”? Big Dunc kissing his Everton tattoo? 

I get they don’t want us covering the city, but whatever they put, will just draw embarrassment towards themselves.

One of Rooney? Once a Manc etc. 

One of a trophy? Yeah, 26 years ago.

Dixie Dean? Rush was better. 

Ferguson / Cahill / Neville / Hamez - Pah-hahahahaha. 

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

What they going to put on it? The Cuckoo Clock? A larger version of “Not a winner but he is a winner”? Big Dunc kissing his Everton tattoo? 

I get they don’t want us covering the city, but whatever they put, will just draw embarrassment towards themselves.

One of Rooney? Once a Manc etc. 

One of a trophy? Yeah, 26 years ago.

Dixie Dean? Rush was better. 

Ferguson / Cahill / Neville / Hamez - Pah-hahahahaha. 

Put your last nicker on it being a peoples club/we go the game style effort that portrays their inferiority complex perfectly.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Put your last nicker on it being a peoples club/we go the game style effort that portrays their inferiority complex perfectly.

Most likely. “Born not bred” or some other nonsense. 

A quick Wiki search tells me The Ev are still England’s 6th most successful side. They should be celebrating that fact rather whatever cringeworthy shite they’ll come up with. 

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

This.

A friendly, Worthers' Original grandad, and his son, taking the little angelic grandson to the new Old Lady. Three generations of salt of the earth, decent males, all smiling at each other.

Maybe the old man ruffles the hair of the little scamp, maybe also accidently depositing a bogey in his hair. Maybe accidentaly. They won't mind though. These are the kind of men who have class and dignity, and are going to ensure the little one is schooled in the famous Corinthian ethos.

"Remember to clap the opposition players, young Duncan, It's what we do when we go the game, lad."

"But grandad, we're playing Liverpool."

"Ok our kid, this is what you do..."

Do I have to support England? | The Football Pink

Something to do with the team of 1985, that's all they can go on about. My former boss in work argued with me that the Everton team of 85 were the best English team ever. I'd love him to still be there because I'd say our current team would wipe the floor with them. He wouldn't have it that any of the following teams were better:

Tottenham's double team 

Arsenal's first double team

Any of our teams between 1977-1984

Arsenal's invincible team 

The Mancs treble winning team

Chelsea under Mourinho (1st spell)

Nottingham Forest 1978-1980

Part of the reason for bigging up their 85 team is what could have happened to them but tragically we never got to see it, like a Ken Loach sob story film.

However, they miraculously went shit and lost a double to us even when they bought Gary Lineker. This is always glossed over by them. 

Some bellend was on Twatter before arguing with a Liverpool fan who said Liverpool dominated the 80s. This Evertonian said "Go and watch Howard's Way to educate yourself, we dominated the 80s"

They dominated the 80s by winning one FA Cup, 2 leagues and a Cup Winners Cup. 

Liverpool just couldn't keep up with this by actually winning (not imagining) that they won the European Cup twice. Add 7 league titles, 5 league cups and 2 Fa Cups. I can see how Everton completely dominated the decade. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

This.

A friendly, Worthers' Original grandad, and his son, taking the little angelic grandson to the new Old Lady. Three generations of salt of the earth, decent males, all smiling at each other.

Maybe the old man ruffles the hair of the little scamp, maybe also accidently depositing a bogey in his hair. Maybe accidentaly. They won't mind though. These are the kind of men who have class and dignity, and are going to ensure the little one is schooled in the famous Corinthian ethos.

"Remember to clap the opposition players, young Duncan, It's what we do when we go the game, lad."

"But grandad, we're playing Liverpool."

"Ok our kid, this is what you do..."

Do I have to support England? | The Football Pink

Heartwarming!

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Something to do with the team of 1985, that's all they can go on about. My former boss in work argued with me that the Everton team of 85 were the best English team ever. I'd love him to still be there because I'd say our current team would wipe the floor with them. He wouldn't have it that any of the following teams were better:

Tottenham's double team 

Part of the reason for bigging up their 85 team is what could have happened to them. However, they miraculously went shit and lost a double to us even when they bought Gary Lineker. This is always glossed over by them. 

Some bellend was on Twatter before arguing with a Liverpool fan who said Liverpool dominated the 80s. This Evertonian said "Go and watch Howard's Way to educate yourself, we dominated the 80s"

Liverpool just couldn't keep up with this by actually winning (not imagining) that they won the European Cup twice. Add 7 league titles, 5 league cups and 2 Fa Cups. I can see how Everton completely dominated the decade. 

The most deluded fanbase in the land and possibly in the world.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Tottenham's double team 

Part of the reason for bigging up their 85 team is what could have happened to them. However, they miraculously went shit and lost a double to us even when they bought Gary Lineker. This is always glossed over by them. 

If we hadn't been so dominant that would have been an excellent decade for any club. I saw Everton play at Spurs when they won the title and they were superb. Reid had the ball on a string. They has some very good players ,

Any side that beat us to the title in those days had to be fucking good. Better... nah 

18 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Most likely. “Born not bred” or some other nonsense. 

A quick Wiki search tells me The Ev are still England’s 6th most successful side. They should be celebrating that fact rather whatever cringeworthy shite they’ll come up with. 

Funny the way they've been happy sucking Man City off the last few years yet Man City overtook them in terms of trophies won - 20 to Everton's 15 a few seasons ago. But as long as it pisses off der redshite. 

3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

If we hadn't been so dominant that would have been an excellent decade for any club. I saw Everton play at Spurs when they won the title and they were superb. Reid had the ball on a string. They has some very good players ,

Any side that beat us to the title in those days had to be fucking good. Better... nah 

Most Liverpool fans can accept that they were a really good side. I actually liked them as most of my mates in school supported Everton, they played some really good football. 

But barely any of them can even say through gritted teeth that we had some of the best teams ever so they just invent conspiracy theories to constantly chip away at any achievement. 

The fella I mentioned who was my boss is a very intelligent, articulate and fair minded person. Yet get him on the subject of Liverpool and all that just goes out the window. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Most Liverpool fans can accept that they were a really good side. I actually liked them as most of my mates in school supported Everton, they played some really good football. 

But barely any of them can even say through gritted teeth that we had some of the best teams ever so they just invent conspiracy theories to constantly chip away at any achievement. 

The fella I mentioned who was my boss is a very intelligent, articulate and fair minded person. Yet get him on the subject of Liverpool and all that just goes out the window. 

I know , have the same issue with some of my mates that lose all objectivity when it comes to Everton. Never like that back in the eighties when we had the best two teams in the league and could have a genuine good -natured exchange  about things. One of my guilty secrets is going to the Ev v Watford cup final . I was down in London at the time and one of my Bluenose mates rang and said he had a spare and would I come ( no charge ).

Had to say had a bloody good day on the lash with them . Who the fuck would dream of doing that these days ?

14 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Funny the way they've been happy sucking Man City off the last few years yet Man City overtook them in terms of trophies won - 20 to Everton's 15 a few seasons ago. But as long as it pisses off der redshite. 

Their biggest downfall is comparing themselves to us. It sets ridiculous expectations they’ll never match. 

They might be the 2nd most successful  side in Liverpool, but they are more successful that 86 other English clubs.