You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Listen, I loved Dirk, you knew what you got with him, 110% effort all game. I think that's the only time Ive seen him go 'wild.'

But the acid test is, if Dirk was an oppo player, would you expect a red for that if it was against us? And the overwhelming answer, in my opinion, is yes. Whatever way you look at it, he was fortunate to escape a red. Glad he did as well because the fume was and still is, awesome!

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Wow. Thats the exact same two angles as in the gif I put and it does nothing for your argument. 

Facepalm.  I must have scrolled after the first angle which is the one that everyone likes to show the still of.  He’s flung himself like an absolute divvy but he doesn’t touch him or come near to injuring him in anyway similar to the Gerrard one or either of the tackles from the recent derby.  There’s no malice in it at all.  He’s clearly trying to block the ball.

40 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Facepalm.  I must have scrolled after the first angle which is the one that everyone likes to show the still of.  He’s flung himself like an absolute divvy but he doesn’t touch him or come near to injuring him in anyway similar to the Gerrard one or either of the tackles from the recent derby.  There’s no malice in it at all.  He’s clearly trying to block the ball.

He was reckless, he wasn't all that far away and condoning it is a cunts trick. But as Scott says the fume that he went on to score the winner makes it all the better that he escaped the red.

I think Kuyt was overenthusiastically jumping into a block of the long ball up the channel, so it's more of a flying charge-down (bit like you'd see on a drop goal attempt in rugby) than a two-footed tackle. But it's proper reckless as he's so out of control, and he's damned lucky he didn't see red.

It was 13 years ago, mind, so it's completely irrelevant to the actions of Jordan Pickford. Not that this matters in Blooland.

36 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

He was reckless, he wasn't all that far away and condoning it is a cunts trick. But as Scott says the fume that he went on to score the winner makes it all the better that he escaped the red.

And Neville it was who handballed on the line at the end of stoppage time to concede the penalty which Kuyt buried for the winner. Of course, with Neville it was just a handball. Suarez did the same thing at the World Cup 3 years later, but that was a heinous offence to the entire continent of Africa. Nile Not Satis Zambezi Offendum.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

If Neville doesn't leap like a gazelle, he gets taken out waste height. Both feet off the ground, completely out of control. It's a shocking tackle. 

There’s few things I disagree with you on Scott but this is one of them.  Both feet are off the ground but he’s in control because his feet are going nowhere near him.  At worst Kuyt’s midriff might brush against him.  

• Downvote 1