You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 minutes ago, Peter Cormack said:

This is a little off topic, when I was growing up Everton were the ”posh” club, Tory, while Liverpool were lower class. I remember back in the sixties when Fred Pickering, a carthorse centre forward was carried off at Anfield. The kop chanted „Fred‘s dead“. There was outrage in the Echo for weeks, holier than thou FC really came to the surface then.”Everton fans would never chant things like that, we are the class club”  Class is something koppites don’t have, they looked down their nose at Shanks as rabblerouser while Catterick was a gentleman. They have never got over the fact that they are no longer the top, class, club in the city which they were through the 50s till Shanks rebuilt us. Older evertonians resent us for this and the resentment has grown with our successes; it’s passed on through generations  and has become hatred which increases as our success is compared to their mediocrity. The only cure is that they cease to exist.

My Dad always used to say they had tons of fans coming over from ireland for years and obviously their strongholds in Wales. But Liverpool are a tourist club. If ya know yer history...

14 minutes ago, Peter Cormack said:

This is a little off topic, when I was growing up Everton were the ”posh” club, Tory, while Liverpool were lower class. I remember back in the sixties when Fred Pickering, a carthorse centre forward was carried off at Anfield. The kop chanted „Fred‘s dead“. There was outrage in the Echo for weeks, holier than thou FC really came to the surface then.”Everton fans would never chant things like that, we are the class club”  Class is something koppites don’t have, they looked down their nose at Shanks as rabblerouser while Catterick was a gentleman. They have never got over the fact that they are no longer the top, class, club in the city which they were through the 50s till Shanks rebuilt us. Older evertonians resent us for this and the resentment has grown with our successes; it’s passed on through generations  and has become hatred which increases as our success is compared to their mediocrity. The only cure is that they cease to exist.

I was going to post something similar as to how they spent decades regarding themselves as the senior club, a different level to us as we'd never won the FA Cup etc and then things changed with Shankly and they had to suck it up for 20 years. Then the mid-80s arrive and they think they're nearly back on their perch but they fuck it up again.  Rivalry turns to bitterness as they start to blame us for all their woes and it's just got steadily worse over the years as every one of our many successes hit home and hating us becomes more important than supporting their own team. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Peter Cormack said:

This is bang on Peter. People can go on about it started after Heysel or 5 years after or whatever. Ive always said they've never got over the fact that since the emergence of Bill's second great team, taken forward by Bob, Joe and the King they were no longer the 'senior' club in Liverpool.

Despite the fact that the trophy haul of both clubs being broadly similar to the promotion in the 60's, they were only better in that they had won the FA Cup and had spent a few seasons less in the 2nd Division.

Ive seen some of their fans say they should change their name to 1 FC Everton, like a few German clubs, to tell everyone they are the 'senior' club of the two.

They see us as the pupil usurping the master and they dont like it. It all more or less, stems from this.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Agree with all of this except for the end bit. If they had some success they'd just become entitled cunts as opposed to the vanilla cunts that they are now. Even the 'top of the league' shit that they come out with at the moment ends up more about us than them.

Maybe you're right. Also, I must have missed a lot of it, because most of their stuff I've found good natured, the likes of them getting songs to number one. They've spent more time in 1st place this season than something like 20 years combined, so they've a right to enjoy it and let's face it there's not a lot of joy in the world right now. 

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

This is bang on Peter. People can go on about it started after Heysel or 5 years after or whatever. Ive always said they've never got over the fact that since the emergence of Bill's second great team, taken forward by Bob, Joe and the King they were no longer the 'senior' club in Liverpool.

Despite the fact that the trophy haul of both clubs being broadly similar to the promotion in the 60's, they were only better in that they had won the FA Cup and had spent a few seasons less in the 2nd Division.

Ive seen some of their fans say they should change their name to 1 FC Everton, like a few German clubs, to tell everyone they are the 'senior' club of the two.

They see us as the pupil usurping the master and they dont like it. It all more or less, stems from this.

By changing their name to 1 FC Everton it would just bring forth how relatively piss poor they've been in the last 128 years!

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Maybe you're right. Also, I must have missed a lot of it, because most of their stuff I've found good natured, the likes of them getting songs to number one. They've spent more time in 1st place this season than something like 20 years combined, so they've a right to enjoy it and let's face it there's not a lot of joy in the world right now. 

There's not, so why waste it on them? 

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Apparently they are the most boring club in the football league, everyone else has at least won a trophy or have been able to celebrate a promotion since 1995.

Hard life being a bloo. 

I've mentioned it before, but apart from us no other fans have any reason to remember they exist.  There's a scene in The Thick of It where Nicola asks Ollie for his opinion of Glen. He says "That's like asking my opinion of skirting boards: I'm sure they're there for a reason, but I can't think what it is."

That's Everton. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Peter Cormack said:

absofuckinlootly spot on assessment mate

3 hours ago, Aventus said:

Apparently they are the most boring club in the football league, everyone else has at least won a trophy or have been able to celebrate a promotion since 1995.

Hard life being a bloo. 

Even the likes of Newcastle who haven’t won anything since the 60’s have suffered emotions from the despair of relegation to the utter joy of promotion ...And there are countless others who have yo-yoed between divisions and had similar experiences. 

In the last 30 years there has only been three seasons I can think of in which when going to the end of the season they’ve checked other teams scores as it directly effects them ..93 and 98 when they avoided relegation and 2005 when they achieved their highest finish in that time of fourth . Other than that they spend their time from around Feb checking our scores or the likes of City/Utd when we’ve been going for the title against them, or cheering on another team as we get to another European final 

A totally pointless joyless club . So I guess you can’t blame them for milking what’s happening at the minute 

This Rodriguez element has sunk them to new depths. What a snivelling, cowardly lot they are. Rather than owning up to & carrying the impact of the thuggery they’ve employed for years on years now, they tried to shift the narrative back to Van Dijk - a player with more quality than they have ever had in their entire history who they’ve spat in the face of & potentially ruined. Rodriguez, of course, starts today.
There is no thug more sordid than the cowardly one. A spineless club & outfit to a man.

15 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

So James Rodriguez is starting today after Ancelotti was giving the sob story of him being injured by van Dijk?

Thought Ancelotti had more class than that. Seems he's been infected by them bitters.

Yeah saw his interview with Vicky Gomersall(?) on Sky earlier today. She let him off the hook with Rodriguez. He needs calling out for his disgraceful name checking of Virgil and his little boy getting a knock in a game but you know the sycophantic cunts wont.

Wonder if they’ll apologise to Paul Joyce after he rightly asked fat lip why did he mention VVD in regards Rodriguez injury 

@UpperGwladysBlu

Im not in favour of banning the media from anything but if you’re going to act like a tit to try to embarrass someone like that in the hope of playing ‘gotcha’ by getting them to say something your minions will like then you deserve a ban. Otherwise you’ll keep acting like a tit.

@UpperGwladysBlu

Paul Joyce is lucky Carlo is a classy guy. A lesser manager or one who held grudges would be banning him from Finch Farm. Fergie wouldn’t have stood for that stunt he just tried to pull. Playing to his RS whopper audience.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Cant stand the scummers but I'd love them to beat these little farts today. No doubt if that happened it will be all our fault for Richarlison getting wound up, Pickford being distracted by death threats etc etc. 

Always the victim, it's never their fault. 

• Upvote 1