You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Prentice was on at least four complimentary tickets a game back in the 00s so wouldn’t surprise me if Kirkbride is the same.

To be fair I think the reporters on both sides in the echo are just mouth pieces for their clubs. They're not real journalist who could make a living doing actual journalism, they're just random fellas who get an echo press pass which gives them disproportionate access to the club. The moment they don't toe the party lines the access will be reduced. They're all as good as on the payroll. I don't think this is much different for any of these journalists who are dedicated to one club. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Fume rising 

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Ralph Hasenhuttl has claimed Jordan Pickford should be banned for Everton's match at Southampton on Sunday following his “absolutely disastrous tackle” in the Merseyside derby.

But the Saints boss reckons James Rodriguez will play at St Mary's.

England keeper Pickford escaped punishment for his reckless challenge on Virgil van Dijik. And Hasenhuttl said: “It was a horrible tackle to be honest.

"We have more often the situation now that the game goes on although it is offside and then some duels happen that don't have to happen normally. This is an issue. But you cannot go like this into a duel.

"This is an absolutely disastrous tackle. And I think sure it can be a red card but in the end it is a quick decision from the referee and then it wasn't. But the tackle by itself, when you only see the tackle, was horrible yes.”

Yeah, that was on SSN this morning. 

Look at this way - Martial got a 3 game ban for his red v Spurs, Pickford has got nothing for ending somebody’s season after 5 games...

15 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Apparently Joyce’s head as fell of. They fucking love that phrase and drop it into the most trivial of football debates. It impossible to have a difference of opinion without our head falling off. The fucking knob heads. 

Yeah, it’s bizarre our heads are always the ones falling off despite us winning domestic, European and World Championships in the last 18 months. 

I’ve drank so much celebrating in that time, I’m surprise my head hasn’t actually fallen off. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

The real victim in all of this is Jordan Pickford, according to Phil Kirkbride in the Echo...

"For the purposes of this discussion, we're not talking about the vile and hideous stuff directed at him - and his family - by the morons on social media, or the excessive reaction to what happened with Virgil Van Dijk.

Yes, it was reckless - "mistimed" as Ancelotti said - and he could easily have been sent off, but done with malice and on purpose? Forget it. Pickford isn't the only one who's gone over-the-top here."

He's talking fucking bullshit there. There was clear intent on taking the man out, with or without the ball.

From Virgil's perspective, I dont know if it had been better his leg was snapped in two. I mean a leg break is clear and obvious. You cannot walk around a pitch and 'look ok.' A clear leg break would focus a lot more minds in the authorities than any serious knee injury does. I guess he'd be out for a lot less time too.

I think relations between the two clubs are now irrevocably broken. There are many reasons for this and it’s been bubbling away for years but it’s well on it’s way to becoming the most poisonous rivalry in British football outside of Celtic and Rangers. I remember a time when most Liverpool fans disliked Utd more than Everton. That’s no longer the case imo.

10 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I think relations between the two clubs are now irrevocably broken. There are many reasons for this and it’s been bubbling away for years but it’s well on it’s way to becoming the most poisonous rivalry in British football outside of Celtic and Rangers. I remember a time when most Liverpool fans disliked Utd more than Everton. That’s no longer the case imo.

Let's be honest, it's only Sky keep trumpeting this 'friendly' derby bullshit that makes many think it still is. If you actually go the derby, people would know the poison is every bit as bad as when we play the mancs.

Ive only seen Liverpool twice at old trafford and that was when we werent playing them. I valued my life more. I havent been to a derby at the pit for goodness knows how long for the same reason. It's just not worth the risk.

My lad wanted to use my use my brother's season ticket in the Gwladys for the derby a few years back when Sadio scored his last minute winner , now I've stood on the same terraces to watch a derby many years ago but there was no way I'd have let him go to that match I just didn't want him getting filled in by those bastards for slipping up and revealing that he was a red .

42 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

My lad wanted to use my use my brother's season ticket in the Gwladys for the derby a few years back when Sadio scored his last minute winner , now I've stood on the same terraces to watch a derby many years ago but there was no way I'd have let him go to that match I just didn't want him getting filled in by those bastards for slipping up and revealing that he was a red .

I watched the premier league years yesterday and it was 99/00 when Campbell scored the winner that the kop end and a load of them jumped up behind the goal. Could you imagine that these days?! Especially at their place. 

• Upvote 1

On social media etc, I’ve seen many light hearted posts regarding 1995, cuckoo clocks, Derby record etc etc, just banter, not nasty, they got nothing to come back with except murderers, wall pushers, always the victims. It always takes two but I’ve no doubt that the Ill feeling in the Derby is caused by them cunts. It’s no surprise that it’s gotten worse since we’ve been boss as they really have absolutely nothing to rip us about. So just turn nasty. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched the premier league years yesterday and it was 99/00 when Campbell scored the winner that the kop end and a load of them jumped up behind the goal. Could you imagine that these days?! Especially at their place. 

Not in a month of Sundays I wouldn't set foot in there at any time never mind a derby 

For me it started in the mid 90s. They barely mentioned Heysel during the ban or the early part of the 90s. They were made up that the Mancs were winning because it pissed us off more.

Loads of us went to the pub by mine for the 1995 Fa cup final and were made up that they beat the Mancs, them winning a trophy didnt really bother any of the reds there. The next year we lost against the Mancs and all the blues turned nasty singing Cantona songs and rubbing our noses in it. Was working in a restaurant and the Evertonians were laughing about it all night saying how much they fucking hated us an that they were made up the Mancs were winning everything because it pissed us off.

Worked in an office after that and there were some proper bad bitter twats working there who were more arsed about Liverpool than Everton. But you pull them up on it and they get even nastier.

Went to the Gary Mc derby in 2001 and saw a lot of fights outside the ground. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

For me it started in the mid 90s

When they stopped winning things. 

2 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

On social media etc, I’ve seen many light hearted posts regarding 1995, cuckoo clocks, Derby record etc etc, just banter, not nasty, they got nothing to come back with except murderers, wall pushers, always the victims. It always takes two but I’ve no doubt that the Ill feeling in the Derby is caused by them cunts. It’s no surprise that it’s gotten worse since we’ve been boss as they really have absolutely nothing to rip us about. So just turn nasty. 

The problem is though, they have nothing to come back with, they don't just want to go "fair enough 1995" they want to reply but they have nothing to reply because their club has been so spectacularly mediocre. So it starts as a small minority and as the years have passed and they go further away from looking like a team that wants to compete, so more and more of them end up the same. I'm pretty convinced if they had a couple of seasons where they could get their joy from watching their own team as opposed to taking all their joy from our defeats or misery, it might not be so bad. 

17 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

For me it started in the mid 90s. They barely mentioned Heysel during the ban or the early part of the 90s. They were made up that the Mancs were winning because it pissed us off more.

Loads of us went to the pub by mine for the 1995 Fa cup final and were made up that they beat the Mancs, them winning a trophy didnt really bother any of the reds there. The next year we lost against the Mancs and all the blues turned nasty singing Cantona songs and rubbing our noses in it. Was working in a restaurant and the Evertonians were laughing about it all night saying how much they fucking hated us an that they were made up the Mancs were winning everything because it pissed us off.

Worked in an office after that and there were some proper bad bitter twats working there who were more arsed about Liverpool than Everton. But you pull them up on it and they get even nastier.

Went to the Gary Mc derby in 2001 and saw a lot of fights outside the ground. 

I would pretty much echo that as my thinking. 

I was working in the Raven that day. I was happy for them. I assumed they would be the same in 96. But it was the opposite, I found it a bit sad really as the cup finals in the 80’s had a street party feel with it.

i think you add in the Barmby transfer and the Gary Mac derby and it went proper sour around 2000.

I came home from uni that season and went to about half the games, including the travel. That cup treble year was boss, there was quite a few lads my age who’d not had the chance to travel, do the Europe trips and due to cheap flights it was really opening up.

Despite being on shit wages temping, and having loads of games due to cup progression loads of us made it work. I think they hated that.

The Evertonians just got more bitter as that season went on. I saw a blue from school in the Crosby on the day of the cup final. He was totally aggressive that three of us weren’t in Cardiff for the final, despite we were going to Dortmund on the Wednesday and Charlton the following weekend. All despite having been to 30 odd games and being on less than £200 a week.

But then if you get knocked out of the cups by Tranmere and Bristol Rovers in the early rounds (yeah I had to check) and can get free seasons tickets with a mobile phone contract, you can go the game

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

I would pretty much echo that as my thinking. 

I was working in the Raven that day. I was happy for them. I assumed they would be the same in 96. But it was the opposite, I found it a bit sad really as the cup finals in the 80’s had a street party feel with it.

i think you add in the Barmby transfer and the Gary Mac derby and it went proper sour around 2000.

I came home from uni that season and went to about half the games, including the travel. That cup treble year was boss, there was quite a few lads my age who’d not had the chance to travel, do the Europe trips and due to cheap flights it was really opening up.

Despite being on shit wages temping, and having loads of games due to cup progression loads of us made it work. I think they hated that.

The Evertonians just got more bitter as that season went on. I saw a blue from school in the Crosby on the day of the cup final. He was totally aggressive that three of us weren’t in Cardiff for the final, despite we were going to Dortmund on the Wednesday and Charlton the following weekend. All despite having been to 30 odd games and being on less than £200 a week.

But then if you get knocked out of the cups by Tranmere and Bristol Rovers in the early rounds (yeah I had to check) and can get free seasons tickets with a mobile phone contract, you can go the game

Yep, pretty much what I have experienced too. One of my brothers mates was laughing at the tickets for the semi final Vs Wycombe going on general sale saying it was embarrassing that a so called big club couldn't sell them.

I'd been to most of the cup games that year and eventually went to the final. I reckon I spent about £500-£600, yet this lad was still blagging his season ticket at Goodison as a child ticket which cost £90. He even got my brother a free ticket to one of their games that year. Despite both of them being 22. My ticket to the final cost £5 less than his season ticket, he had also never been to any away games in his life. 

I also had a similar criticism as to why I watched the uefa cup final in the Edinburgh pub even though I had been to Cardiff in the saturday, my train ticket was £70 and I stayed overnight. 

A particular flag at one of the finals "Speke Reds go to Barca, Roma and Porto, Speke Blues go to Rhyl, Towyn & Talacre" seemed to enrage them. 

16 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

When they stopped winning things. 

The problem is though, they have nothing to come back with, they don't just want to go "fair enough 1995" they want to reply but they have nothing to reply because their club has been so spectacularly mediocre. So it starts as a small minority and as the years have passed and they go further away from looking like a team that wants to compete, so more and more of them end up the same. I'm pretty convinced if they had a couple of seasons where they could get their joy from watching their own team as opposed to taking all their joy from our defeats or misery, it might not be so bad. 

Agree with all of this except for the end bit. If they had some success they'd just become entitled cunts as opposed to the vanilla cunts that they are now. Even the 'top of the league' shit that they come out with at the moment ends up more about us than them.

• Upvote 2

I have often thought, would going down make them a bit humble or some success mellow them a bit. Both being beneficial for everyone.

Well we have seen even limited "success" has not mellowed them, so only option is to get relegated. Even if relegation didn't make them humble it is where a nothing club belongs to be. 

I would love them to go down without beating us, knowing they are now unlikely to ever get another chance.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I have often thought, would going down make them a bit humble or some success mellow them a bit. Both being beneficial for everyone.

Well we have seen even limited "success" has not mellowed them, so only option is to get relegated. Even if relegation didn't make them humble it is where a nothing club belongs to be. 

I would love them to go down without beating us, knowing they are now unlikely to ever get another chance.

Apparently they are the most boring club in the football league, everyone else has at least won a trophy or have been able to celebrate a promotion since 1995.

Hard life being a bloo. 

This is a little off topic, when I was growing up Everton were the ”posh” club, Tory, while Liverpool were lower class. I remember back in the sixties when Fred Pickering, a carthorse centre forward was carried off at Anfield. The kop chanted „Fred‘s dead“. There was outrage in the Echo for weeks, holier than thou FC really came to the surface then.”Everton fans would never chant things like that, we are the class club”  Class is something koppites don’t have, they looked down their nose at Shanks as rabblerouser while Catterick was a gentleman. They have never got over the fact that they are no longer the top, class, club in the city which they were through the 50s till Shanks rebuilt us. Older evertonians resent us for this and the resentment has grown with our successes; it’s passed on through generations  and has become hatred which increases as our success is compared to their mediocrity. The only cure is that they cease to exist.

Edited by Peter Cormack
Added a sentence
  • Upvote 10

6 minutes ago, Peter Cormack said:

This is a little off topic, when I was growing up Everton were the ”posh” club, Tory, while Liverpool were lower class. I remember back in the sixties when Fred Pickering, a carthorse centre forward was carried off at Anfield. The kop chanted „Fred‘s dead“. There was outrage in the Echo for weeks, holier than thou FC really came to the surface then.”Everton fans would never chant things like that, we are the class club”  Class is something koppites don’t have, they looked down their nose at Shanks as rabblerouser while Catterick was a gentleman. They have never got over the fact that they are no longer the top, class, club in the city which they were through the 50s till Shanks rebuilt us. Older evertonians resent us for this and the resentment has grown with our successes; it’s passed on through generations  and has become hatred which increases as our success is compared to their mediocrity. The only cure is that they cease to exist.

Fred's dead baby, Fred's dead

8a00910edfc5475434aaa922f1250d2f.jpg

• Upvote 1